Fire Chris Ash

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

51 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Why do you think that? Is it just because he didn't succeed  his first time as a head coach...AT RUTGERS? He's an analyst on the Texas staff so he's not coaching players. I don't see how you can blame him for any of your defensive shortcomings. He's got a national championship on his resume.  

What gives?

His head coaching record doesn't scream competency even if it was at Rutgers but that's not the issue I have.  He was a DC at OSU when the Big 10 was pretty shitty as it relates to offenses and certainly none like he will see in the Big 12 plus it is a comfort hire AGAIN from Herman.

I only hold out hope that at least the guy has been a DC in a P5 conference before.

Ash is the "easy way out".   we are stuck with Herman for 2 more years mainly because he's at least not Charlie so he'll win 7-9 next year again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

if the defense starts playing lights out because he's proven us all wrong, fucking awesome.

if he shits the bed proving us all right and seals the fate for herman, fucking awesome.

i'm ambivalent. both scenarios are win.

you are forgetting the 3rd option...purgatory.

Chris Ash has been hired as the defensive coordinator at Texas, and that's good for Tom Herman and the Longhorns. Ash was fired as head coach at Rutgers earlier this year, but was an outstanding defensive coordinator at Ohio State. In 2014, the year the Buckeyes, his squad held opponents to 22 points per game and ranked 29th nationally pass defense. Ash and Herman were coordinators on the 2014 national title Ohio State Buckeyes squad.

According to RJ Young, Ash has a similar scheme to Gary Patterson & Alex Grinch. So that's good.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The defense will be better in 2020 under Ash. New approach that opponents have limited tape on, emphasis on fundamentals, experienced roster. Texas will go 9-3, maybe play in Arlington depending on how things play out for Baylor/Ok State/TCU, and Herman and Co. will get another year. 2021 is when the wheels will come off as c/o 2018 begins to depart.

Herman going 9-3 and staying at UT through 2021 is literally worst case scenario. The standard should be 10-2/win the Big 12 or he's gone. I doubt it actually will be, but that's a different matter.

3 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Yeah like no one saw this shit coming.
One more time: NO HOT SHIT COORDINATOR WILL WORK FOR HERMAN WAS EVEN INTERVIEWED!! This is known. 2020 is a throw away year because Texas went full Texas. CDC had the chance to make a move and didnt. This shit falls on him too. He’s all talk-so fuck him too.

FIFY. The problem wasn't that good options turned us down. Herman didn't even try and went with yet another comfort hire.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Any chance we just absolutely whiffed on a couple guys because they didn't want to get mired in a situation with a walking dead asshole of a head coach?  Did Scalley lift his leg and hold the phone next to his ass when they called?

Scalley was never a realistic option. He's the kind of guy you throw out when you know who you're going with but want to make it look like your doing a nationwide search. If Herman was legitimately scouring the country for the best guys, we'd have heard about an interview of someone like Odom and a currently successful DC and a few NFL names rumored.

15 minutes ago, TexasTrue1 said:

Sorry that I’m not getting on Message boards hating and complaining about Texas. If that makes me false then fuck i. I don’t give a damn. #HookEm Bitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hashtag doesn't accomplish much here.  

This is an aggy troll. Go fuck yourself, buddy.

Right... don’t make excuses for your stupidity. Just to prove this isn’t an Aggy troll and you’re a fucking hater that shouldn’t be allowed to step in DKR for the remainder of your pathetic life go follow my Twitter.@TexasTrue1 I bleed burnt orange bitch!

4 minutes ago, TexasTrue1 said:

Right... don’t make excuses for your stupidity. Just to prove this isn’t an Aggy troll and you’re a fucking hater that shouldn’t be allowed to step in DKR for the remainder of your pathetic life go follow my Twitter.@TexasTrue1 I bleed burnt orange bitch!

Where’s your Horntag?

• Like 1

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'll go on record saying I like the hire. I really don't understand the hate. Fundamentals and playing to your players strengths. That's what he preaches and what brings.

Going to agree.  Some people will throw a fit if they find $100 on the ground.  It should have been $1000 damn it!

This whole year I’ve put up with Sooners, Aggys, WVU fans, even Cyclones talking shit about Texas. Fuck that shirt I will be damned if I get on this bitch and read so called “Texas Faithful” talking shit about the same team that they claim to die for on Saturdays. I get that the program is not exceeding expectations but complaining about it and wishing bad fortune on the program won’t help shit. Now I get we are all frustrated but damn... let’s not forget that 4 years ago we weren’t even going to a damn bowl game. Maybe it’s just me but even if we suck I’m still gonna rep my horns til kingdom come. So Chooky and DefinitelyNotHollywoodCold, you can go fuck yourselves.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTrue1 said:

This whole year I’ve put up with Sooners, Aggys, WVU fans, even Cyclones talking shit about Texas. Fuck that shirt I will be damned if I get on this bitch and read so called “Texas Faithful” talking shit about the same team that they claim to die for on Saturdays. I get that the program is not exceeding expectations but complaining about it and wishing bad fortune on the program won’t help shit. Now I get we are all frustrated but damn... let’s not forget that 4 years ago we weren’t even going to a damn bowl game. Maybe it’s just me but even if we suck I’m still gonna rep my horns til kingdom come. So Chooky and DefinitelyNotHollywoodCold, you can go fuck yourselves.

In the immortal words of Jay Cutler:

Donnnnn’ttttt caaaarrrreeeee

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

if the defense starts playing lights out because he's proven us all wrong, fucking awesome.

if he shits the bed proving us all right and seals the fate for herman, fucking awesome.

i'm ambivalent. both scenarios are win.

The problem is the most likely scenario is that the defense plays better, but not lights out, so we end up 9-3.  No playoff.  No conf champ.  But better, so Herm and CDC can say we should give it another year.  From there perpetual 9-3, never winning anything but just good enough to say they can't justify a change.  Perpetual purgatory.

Not a winning scenario.

• Like 1