Fire Chris Ash

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

So does anyone not expect us to hire Ash?  

At this point, I'll go for the contrarian sucker bet. We've been wrong about dozens of important things over the last half decade, so why not be wrong about this, too?

No, we're not going to hire Ash. We will somehow manage to find someone worse.

• Like 1

This hire went exactly as the Shawn Watson hire went when Strong showed up. I’m guessing some of the same idiots in Belmont offered up the same bad advice.

Herman knew who he was going to hire the whole time, but those morons in the fan base online and the boosters would whine, so fire up some other available names and string it out for awhile and then get on with it. “We ran a process.” Right. 

We must have committed unspeakable sins during the 2000s for this to be our forward fate. Was Dodds hiding a serial killer or something? Fuck. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This hire went exactly as the Shawn Watson hire went when Strong showed up. I’m guessing some of the same idiots in Belmont offered up the same bad advice.

Herman knew who he was going to hire the whole time, but those morons in the fan base online and the boosters would whine, so fire up some other available names and string it out for awhile and then get on with it. “We ran a process.” Right. 

We must have committed unspeakable sins during the 2000s for this to be our forward fate. Was Dodds hiding a serial killer or something? Fuck. 

With all your brilliant fucking knowledge how is that  you are not in charge of making these decisions 

• Like 1

Yeah like no one saw this shit coming.
One more time: NO HOT SHIT COORDINATOR WILL WORK FOR HERMAN!! This is known. 2020 is a throw away year because Texas went full Texas. CDC had the chance to make a move and didnt. This shit falls on him too. He’s all talk-so fuck him too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

With all your brilliant fucking knowledge how is that  you are not in charge of making these decisions 

I have a better job than Tom Herman and I have more important shit to do than commit fraud on a fan base and funnel money to my cronies at the expense of honest supporters. So why the fuck would I want that job?

Do you think there is some sort of alchemy or art that only a wizard can comprehend when it comes to running a hiring process on a key position and then signing the best person for the role? It seems like that is mysterious to you, but maybe some day you’ll climb through middle management and see that doing it right is actually a lot more straightforward than you or Tom Herman have imagined it to be.

There is zero complexity to hiring a DC or OC at a place like Texas. Zero. It’s probably one of the easiest fucking tasks a HC actually has at a place like this. 

• Like 1

Penn state had a dude raping little boys and they’ve weathered the storm and have become somewhat legitimate. So either karma doesn’t exist or we must have done something worse than employing pederasts and enabling the diddling of little boys. Either way, cool?

21 minutes ago, Joker said:

What a lazy fucking hire. This defense will not be better. 

It will, though.  It'll be slightly better because the defense will be less dedicated to weird shit like blitzing the secondary from San Marcos.  It's also doubtful we have the same amount of injuries in the secondary.  And there's not really any place for us to go in some statistical categories than up and all of that will be pointed to as evidence of Tom Herman's hiring acumen.  Tom's comfort was the priority here.  So ... success! 

The defense will be better in 2020 under Ash. New approach that opponents have limited tape on, emphasis on fundamentals, experienced roster. Texas will go 9-3, maybe play in Arlington depending on how things play out for Baylor/Ok State/TCU, and Herman and Co. will get another year. 2021 is when the wheels will come off as c/o 2018 begins to depart.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The defense will be better in 2020 under Ash. New approach that opponents have limited tape on, emphasis on fundamentals, experienced roster. Texas will go 9-3, maybe play in Arlington depending on how things play out for Baylor/Ok State/TCU, and Herman and Co. will get another year. 2021 is when the wheels will come off as c/o 2018 begins to depart.

Lmao, why even be a fan then?

5 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

If we are paying this lame duck shit coach more than a million lol at our program.

Rutgers still owes him money so whatever we pay him is deducted from the Rutgers payout. I'm guessing or hoping he takes less from us to stick them with the higher bill, a la Coach Strong. 

Anyways, I called for someone to create this post a couple weeks ago. Now can someone create a Fire Graham Harrell thread? Please and thanks. 

Edited by XForce
spelling
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chooky said:

It will, though.  It'll be slightly better because the defense will be less dedicated to weird shit like blitzing the secondary from San Marcos.  It's also doubtful we have the same amount of injuries in the secondary.  And there's not really any place for us to go in some statistical categories than up and all of that will be pointed to as evidence of Tom Herman's hiring acumen.  Tom's comfort was the priority here.  So ... success! 

I'm not so sure.  agree that less injuries could help a bit..  but since Herman is saying, "hey Chris buddy do what you did at Ohio State so we can do more blow off strippers asses for a while" I don't hold out much hope.  that was against Big 10 offenses and the Big 10 was really shitty then.  have no doubt Riley, Cumbie, Rhule and others will likely carve his ass up.

It will be nice not to see us have players running towards the line of scrimmage 5 seconds after the snap covering nothing but air and occupying no one.

anyway, fuck Herman and CDC.  see you in 2021 when CDC will be hiring a new head coach.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Well at least we don't have to worry about Herman making it past next year. He is basically digging his own grave by hiring Ash to run the Defense.

Why do you think that? Is it just because he didn't succeed  his first time as a head coach...AT RUTGERS? He's an analyst on the Texas staff so he's not coaching players. I don't see how you can blame him for any of your defensive shortcomings. He's got a national championship on his resume.  

What gives?

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Why do you think that? Is it just because he didn't succeed  his first time as a head coach...AT RUTGERS? He's an analyst on the Texas staff so he's not coaching players. I don't see how you can blame him for any of your defensive shortcomings. He's got a national championship on his resume.  

What gives?

He coached with Herman at Iowa St for one season and at Ohio State for one season. That’s it - that’s the complaint. 

If this guy had the same resume but hadn’t shared an office building with Herman this hire would be seen in a much more positive light. 

Assuming Harrell is hired - Herman’s last three hires would be Hand, Ash, and Harrell - only Ash has ever coached anywhere near Herman and only Ash is getting roasted. 

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He coached with Herman at Iowa St for one season and at Ohio State for one season. That’s it - that’s the complaint. 

If this guy had the same resume but hadn’t shared an office building with Herman this hire would be seen in a much more positive light. 

Assuming Harrell is hired - Herman’s last three hires would be Hand, Ash, and Harrell - only Ash has ever coached anywhere near Herman and only Ash is getting roasted. 

He coached at Ohio State two seasons (Urban asked all his assistants to commit to two years). He replaced Everett Withers and the back end of the defense improved dramatically and they won a championship his first year in Columbus. He coached with Bielema in Wisconsin for a few years and their defenses were always stout. I didn't really follow Arkansas that closely while he was there, I just mocked Bielema from a distance. It sounded like a good hire to me at the time and the results on the field seemed to bear that out.

The Bucks have to replace Jeff Hafley who had Ash's old job. I wouldn't have a problem if they brought Chris back. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Well at least we don't have to worry about Herman making it past next year. He is basically digging his own grave by hiring Ash to run the Defense.

You’re a predictable idiot and a fraud. Would have written the same no matter the hire.

As far as the hire I’m interested if there are additions meaning does Giles continue to receive a pass? Non recruiter (don’t care what he brings in one isolated class) Lazy was Coach Booms words.

You have to admit the farmers went out and spent for a DC. OU improved as well. So Tom is riding on this and his OC hires. His choice. We will see.

Stop granting extensions in years you lost 4 games. Mackovic, McWilliams, it never works. 

Edited by thirtyand0
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Yeah like no one saw this shit coming.
One more time: NO HOT SHIT COORDINATOR WILL WORK FOR HERMAN!! This is known. 2020 is a throw away year because Texas went full Texas. CDC had the chance to make a move and didnt. This shit falls on him too. He’s all talk-so fuck him too.

Literally no AD in the nation would fire Herman  now based on his last three years, given where the program was when he showed up. Don't be dumb.

Next year though, yeah he better win.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He coached with Bielema in Wisconsin for a few years and their defenses were always stout. I didn't really follow Arkansas that closely while he was there, I just mocked Bielema from a distance. It sounded like a good hire to me at the time and the results on the field seemed to bear that out. 

10 minutes ago, thirtyand0 said:

As far as the hire I’m interested if there are additions meaning does Giles continue to receive a pass? Non recruiter (don’t care what he brings in one isolated class) Lazy was Coach Booms words.

Bielema to DL coach would be such a glorious Surly meltdown.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Any chance we just absolutely whiffed on a couple guys because they didn't want to get mired in a situation with a walking dead asshole of a head coach?  Did Scalley lift his leg and hold the phone next to his ass when they called?

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Any chance we just absolutely whiffed on a couple guys because they didn't want to get mired in a situation with a walking dead asshole of a head coach?  Did Scalley lift his leg and hold the phone next to his ass when they called?

Just using good old Occam and his Razor here, I’m guessing there just wasn’t much of anything to a search. We would have heard a lot more noise if real candidates had been put through a “process”. 

Edited by closetojumping

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I have a better job than Tom Herman and I have more important shit to do than commit fraud on a fan base and funnel money to my cronies at the expense of honest supporters. So why the fuck would I want that job?

Um, no and no. 

• Fuck You 1