Texas vs. Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University - 2pm on ABC

Pancho

6 minutes ago, zork said:

K Jones should get 30+ minutes a game.

He might have today if he hadn't been guilty of a cheap second foul early in the first half. No.1 was smart--and very nearly a clean block--but No.2 came moments later and forced Shaka's hand.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

When was the last time we started 8-1?

Don't know, but we were 6-3 at this point last year.  Considering how the rest of last season played out, that's not all that encouraging, but that 2-game swing could have pushed us to 18-14 (ish), which might have been the difference between making the tournament and not.  If I squint.  (The obvious point here is that 18-14 isn't exactly a high bar to aim at.)

Edited by jimmyjazz

Good to meet you @Zepol87.

I hate to bitch after a win - especially over little brother, but man, that was something tough to watch.  Almost every possession looks like what a team would run if they had to reset at the top with 5 seconds left on the shot clock.  

I talked a lot of shit.  SEC chant.  Poor aggy chant.  Unfortunately, both sides of the crowd kind of recognized that the winner was only slightly better than crap.  

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Looking ahead, 3-1 in the remaining noncon schedule is not impossible.  10-9 in conference + tournament is reasonable.  That would put us at 21-11 going into the NCAA, which is a lock for a bid.

Baby steps?

We really could go 4-0 in the remaining non-con because we get LSU at home. 

Providence is not a good team, but they are 4-1 at home this year. (5-5 on the season).