Jump to content
Pancho

Texas vs. Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University - 2pm on ABC

Recommended Posts

I must be getting old and cranky, because I swear every college basketball game I watch this year leaves me feeling that both teams are terrible and (if either is talked up even a little) overrated.  In this case, though, aggy really is shitty.  And even if we’re ok, we’re still a beating to watch stylistically.

That Villanova team that won the championship a coupe of years ago was really good.  Zion Williamson was really good.  That’s ... about all I got for the last few years.  Bah humbug.

Edited by longhornmatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Looking ahead, 3-1 in the remaining noncon schedule is not impossible.  10-9 in conference + tournament is reasonable.  That would put us at 21-11 going into the NCAA, which is a lock for a bid.

Baby steps?

.500 in conference is reasonable? Shit I’d be fucking ecstatic. How sad is that? This team is still a beating to watch and 2 games removed from holding on to beat McNeese by 2 points. 

Edited by justhookit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you fuckers who were in attendance want to admit going in to the women’s restroom on the 200 level? I would say Zepol but this guy was white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t do that but I did take the service elevator and got bitches at for it. Every usher in the place had no clue of the layout or where anything was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Arena is great but has plenty of growing pains to overcome.

#1 is teaching your concession attendants how to properly pour a gd beer. NEVER grab the tap from the top and slowly open. Grab that bitch at the bottom and slam that fucker open.

#2 Fix #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, justhookit said:

.500 in conference is reasonable? Shit I’d be fucking ecstatic. How sad is that? This team is still a beating to watch and 2 games removed from holding on to beat McNeese by 2 points. 

Well, going from 8-10 to 9-9 doesn't seem to be a big stretch to me, but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, going from 8-10 to 9-9 doesn't seem to be a big stretch to me, but whatever.

There is no way this team is winning 8+ conference games. This team is not good at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

We brick a ton of open 3s and never drive the ball. We suck ass

this.  we are an atrocious jump shooting team(including mid range).  its not like we are close and they just aren't falling. most of the time our shots don't have a prayer once they leave the shooter's hand

I thought Coleman would be much better than he is by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

There is no way this team is winning 8+ conference games. This team is not good at all.

I think it's way too early to say that.  We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Coleman has been great this year. Not sure what you were expecting. Today was easily his worst game of the season. 

Probably came out wrong.  I certainly wasn't complaining about him in the context of our team.  agree he has been good and a 50% clip from the 3 point line is "finomenole."  the last couple of games have been not good.  I thought he'd really be wreaking havoc by getting into the lane a whole lot more than he does but he certainly is the least of our worries. it might a function of our offense(crappy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Probably came out wrong.  I certainly wasn't complaining about him in the context of our team.  agree he has been good and a 50% clip from the 3 point line is "finomenole."  the last couple of games have been not good.  I thought he'd really be wreaking havoc by getting into the lane a whole lot more than he does but he certainly is the least of our worries. it might a function of our offense(crappy).

Yeah I can see what you mean from that perspective. He's a literal speed demon and our style of play restricts him from exhibiting that more frequently. He doesn't drive anywhere near as much as he should. 

I said it in another thread, but I'll restate those thoughts here. I think our style of play stunts the offensive instincts of our players, especially when it comes to what to do off the ball. All the standing we do far away from the basket, for spacing or whatever, causes us to be sluggish in our movements. Even when something is actually designed for a cut or slash to an open space into the paint, it's done mechanically and without purpose. And in a free flowing offense like what we're attempting to do, high IQ players will know how to move without the ball and will time when and where to cut into the paint. I don't know how many times I've screamed at my tv for someone to cut after a ball reversal and a space will open up for a backdoor cut or a flash to the paint, but nobody does anything but just stand and look. This is the type of shit I'd expect players to pick up on in a pickup game much less a fucking D1 college bball game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

We brick a ton of open 3s and never drive the ball. We suck ass

I was able to watch about 20 seconds of the game yesterday.  I walked up to a tv in a store that had it playing.  There were 12 minutes left in the second half.  The announcers said that Texas had shot ONE free throw at that point.  I could have stood there a minute or so longer as I was waiting on a friend at an ATM.  I chose not to.  I chose wisely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 8:43 PM, Fudbelty said:

The Arena is great but has plenty of growing pains to overcome.

#1 is teaching your concession attendants how to properly pour a gd beer. NEVER grab the tap from the top and slowly open. Grab that bitch at the bottom and slam that fucker open.

#2 Fix #1

I have that same approach with women. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...