2019 Peach Bowl: LSU vs ou

USMCHorn

As pleased as I am to make the playoffs again, I’m also one of the realistic Sooners. I’ve watched a lot of Tigers games this season. Yep, our defense is better. Hell it couldn’t be worse so that’s a low bar to cross. But the Tigers and Burrow have one of if not the best offenses in college ball this year. Burrow is going to win the Heisman, rightfully so. I have a hard time coming up with a scenario where we stay within 2 scores. But as they say, that’s why they play the game. 

• Like 2

Does anyone think OU has a legit shot?  I mean, transitive property and all, but we were really tight with LSU most of the game, and although the margin was the same, we were staying with OU mostly through a really impressive display of smoke and mirrors.

An OU win will just solidify my feeling that I have hit rock bottom and need to find a meeting somewhere.

23 minutes ago, lonestarsooner said:

As pleased as I am to make the playoffs again, I’m also one of the realistic Sooners. I’ve watched a lot of Tigers games this season. Yep, our defense is better. Hell it couldn’t be worse so that’s a low bar to cross. But the Tigers and Burrow have one of if not the best offenses in college ball this year. Burrow is going to win the Heisman, rightfully so. I have a hard time coming up with a scenario where we stay within 2 scores. But as they say, that’s why they play the game. 

Fuck ou.

29 minutes ago, lonestarsooner said:

Realistic Sooner? Is that an oxymoron? How many horns down did you throw during the championship game against Baylor?

38 minutes ago, hornian said:

Realistic Sooner? Is that an oxymoron? How many horns down did you throw during the championship game against Baylor?

There are a few of us. TxSooner518, Constant, ChiTownDoc. Few and far between though. Don’t feel the need for horns down. I can hate Texas without that juvenile BS. 

• Like 1

Does anyone think OU has a legit shot?  I mean, transitive property and all, but we were really tight with LSU most of the game, and although the margin was the same, we were staying with OU mostly through a really impressive display of smoke and mirrors.
An OU win will just solidify my feeling that I have hit rock bottom and need to find a meeting somewhere.

Your game with LSU is the main reason I think OU can be competitive. Was UT their narrowest MOV?

They aren’t winning, but it’s not going to be the beatdown people are predicting.

LSU is much better now than they were when they played Texas and like the Bama game, the final score isn’t indicative of how competitive the game was.  LSU led in both games nearly the entire time and had multiple touchdown leads in both at halftime.  

If LSU doesn’t put up 28 by halftime on any of these teams left I’ll be surprised.

• Fuck You 3

4 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Playing LSU tough in week 2 doesn’t mean shit.

I think the ability to put pressure and get home on Burrow will be our only hope. Luckily that is something that’s overlooked by most regarding OU’s defense. It hasn’t allowed a 300 yard passing game this season in large part because of that pressure. That is an almost unbelievable stat coming off the coma of Mike Stoops. 

On 12/8/2019 at 12:43 PM, Liquor and Poker said:

LSU has gotten better since that game. (And we've gotten worse, not that that matters).