2019 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. #11 Utah - Pregame Discussion Thread

texifornia

Siap... Cam Rising can play in Alamo Bowl...

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said Rising is eligible to play in the bowl game. Per NCAA transfer rules, a transfer from a four-year university has to complete an academic year in residence before becoming eligible. Utah’s finals finished Friday, so Rising is good to go for the Alamo Bowl.

“He’s eligible for the game because you have to sit out one year and that year has expired come bowl time,” Whittingham said.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Siap... Cam Rising can play in Alamo Bowl...

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said Rising is eligible to play in the bowl game. Per NCAA transfer rules, a transfer from a four-year university has to complete an academic year in residence before becoming eligible. Utah’s finals finished Friday, so Rising is good to go for the Alamo Bowl.

“He’s eligible for the game because you have to sit out one year and that year has expired come bowl time,” Whittingham said.

Okeedokee! At least according to NCAAF Stats Sam is ranked #9 in the country! Fuck ya. (Shane is number 8 btw). 

Going into this game Texas has the #108 ranked total defense and Utah is #3.

In Total offense Longhorns are #15 and Utes  are #35.

Longhorns are #18 in scoring offense and Utes are #27.

Utes have the #6 scoring defense.

Both the Utes and Longhorns are two of the most penalized in the FBS #119 and #115 respectively.

Utes have #29 ranked rushing offense to our #54. 

We are #127 out of 130 FBS schools in passing yards allowed and the Utes are #13.

Utes are also #2 in Time of Possession and we are #42. 

So look for a lot of yellow flags in our bowl game. None of the above stats mean we can’t win the bowl game but honestly on paper we mostly look pretty bad. Defensively. Damn

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Okeedokee! At least according to NCAAF Stats Sam is ranked #9 in the country! Fuck ya. (Shane is number 8 btw). 

Going into this game Texas has the #108 ranked total defense and Utah is #3.

In Total offense Longhorns are #15 and Utes  are #35.

Longhorns are #18 in scoring offense and Utes are #27.

Utes have the #6 scoring defense.

Both the Utes and Longhorns are two of the most penalized in the FBS #119 and #115 respectively.

Utes have #29 ranked rushing offense to our #54. 

We are #127 out of 130 FBS schools in passing yards allowed and the Utes are #13.

Utes are also #2 in Time of Possession and we are #42. 

So look for a lot of yellow flags in our bowl game. None of the above stats mean we can’t win the bowl game but honestly on paper we mostly look pretty bad. Defensively. Damn

There's a blurb saying that two of their best DB's are out.

1 minute ago, UTEX90 said:

I can't, for the life of me, figure out if I want to go to this game.  The pros and cons list is complicated and lengthy.

Gotcha. Was debating the same shit. Main one being this is not a slam dunk predictable outcome. The last decade has really tested my school spirit. 

4 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

I can't, for the life of me, figure out if I want to go to this game.  The pros and cons list is complicated and lengthy.

Well, do you enjoy having your penis simultaneously pounded by sledgehammers and also skewered by fish hooks for 3.5 hours at a time?  Because if you do, then attending this game will feel quite pleasurable for you!

On 12/10/2019 at 5:01 PM, The_highest_of_fives said:

I went thru Foundation, which made me nervous.  They put us in the bleeds last year for Big 12 Championship and right behind the endzone for RRS this year.  However, I called Ticket Office and they had us between section 132-135 for Alamo Bowl, so not too bad.  Which makes me think they didn't get a great deal of requests (Rank is 11K out of 34K)

I am in the 11K rank for the Foundation and just got word on where my tickets. Section 224 in the fucking endzone. Fuck the Foundation.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

At bowl games the schools often get the worst allotments.  The good seats tend to go to corporate sponsors, and PSL-holders get first right of refusal as well, where applicable.

I don't know who the PSL-holders for the Alamodome might be, though.  Old San Antonio Rough Riders fans? :)

In today's 

550096-youtube_0.jpg

While many Texas fans remember Carl Torbush's "wow" moment coming against blowU in their epic 77-0 beatdown of aggy, in fact, that early internet meme / staple of Longhorn message boards was inspired by the Utah Utes, who had just scored their fourth unanswered TD to open the 2003 game.

giphy.gif

The mastermind behind that devastatingly innovative Utah attack? That coach's name was Urban Meyer.

This has been today's installment of...

550096-youtube_0.jpg

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

At bowl games the schools often get the worst allotments.  The good seats tend to go to corporate sponsors, and PSL-holders get first right of refusal as well, where applicable.

I don't know who the PSL-holders for the Alamodome might be, though.  Old San Antonio Rough Riders fans? :)

{raises hand - Section 337, row 4, 50 yardline since 1993} 😋

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

In today's 

550096-youtube_0.jpg

While many Texas fans remember Carl Torbush's "wow" moment coming against blowU in their epic 77-0 beatdown of aggy, in fact, that early internet meme / staple of Longhorn message boards was inspired by the Utah Utes, who had just scored their fourth unanswered TD to open the 2003 game.

giphy.gif

The mastermind behind that devastatingly innovative Utah attack? That coach's name was Urban Meyer.

This has been today's installment of...

550096-youtube_0.jpg

It was 2004, on Thursday night. Urban's 2nd year there.  

Edited by TeddyBearStallion

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I am in the 11K rank for the Foundation and just got word on where my tickets. Section 224 in the fucking endzone. Fuck the Foundation.

We're in the top 800 and got corner 228.  At least it's club level.

Best bowl seats we ever got was for USC.  Go figure.

12 hours ago, utee94 said:

Who are these pumpkin spice latte holders and why are they coming to our bowl game? Clearly they aren’t Utah fans.

On 12/18/2019 at 8:55 AM, Iconoclast Texan said:

Not sure why anybody would be going through the University for tickets. There are plenty of club level seats available on stubhub for sub $100 w /fees and the Texas sports website wants $145 w fees, which I assume is face value.

We're still 2 weeks out from the game. I'm guessing you can buy for half face value on most seats in  the days leading up to the game, or day of. Not a lot of enthusiasm for this game.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:59 PM, deft said:

I live in SA. I’ll go if I can get a cheap deal for decent seats in the 24 hours before.

You probably could pick up some yard line seats in the upper deck for $20 if you hang around in the plaza on the north side of the dome just before kick off. Watch out for the cops though, they are usually looking for “private” sales.

• immamac locked and unlocked this topic
  • immamac locked this topic