2019 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. #11 Utah - Pregame Discussion Thread

texifornia

1 minute ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I don’t know shit about either of them. But I think some of you are confusing Utah with BYU. Utah is a secular institution, or am I incorrect?

Yeah, it's a state school. Plenty of non-Mormons go there. But Mormon jokes are the usual way to make fun of Utahns.

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

we're gonna get destroyed.  Utah has a mobile QB.  he's gonna tear us apart.  and i'm sure they're pissed about the PAC 12 title game.

ugh.

bet businesses in SA are happy about a number of non-drinkers coming to town.

If we play as bad as you say... we’ll be drinking enough for two teams.

• Like 1

Will be curious to see what we come out with on defense.  I suspect we will see marked Improvments Due to the lack of constant blitzing alone. You know, the entire addition through subtraction thing. 

We have fucking talent. We have a few weeks to put them in a position to succeed.  Let’s do it 

Edited by Xian
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Marked improvement on D...  lulz

You think in the next 3 weeks a D that knows how to do nothing well will be transformed into one that can defend probably the 2nd or 3rd best offense they will play this year. Hmm...

Delusional but positive so I guess there is that.

Do you even 80’s montage brah?!

• Haha 2

I work for Utah. One thing they got going for them is their fans aren't obnoxious. I was at UF for years and the fans are next level. It's actually hard to believe the Utes even have fans because no one ever talks about the team.

There are a lot of Mormons at the U but it's not BYU. People aren't at work praising the Lord or whatever it is Mormons do. Religion isn't really talked about other than someone mentioning their mission.

I'm not really looking forward to this but maybe that home field advantage will do something. When's the last time Texas played a pac12 school?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

For whatever reason I feel good about this game. I think we win. Sam goes out and tears them a new asshole. 

If that happens, does Sam also say "We're Baaaaack!" at the trophy ceremony?  I'd really love to hear that again.

Too soon?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ellellelle said:

I work for Utah. One thing they got going for them is their fans aren't obnoxious. I was at UF for years and the fans are next level. It's actually hard to believe the Utes even have fans because no one ever talks about the team.

There are a lot of Mormons at the U but it's not BYU. People aren't at work praising the Lord or whatever it is Mormons do. Religion isn't really talked about other than someone mentioning their mission.

I'm not really looking forward to this but maybe that home field advantage will do something. When's the last time Texas played a pac12 school?

UCLA in the 2014 Jerry Neuheisel game?

Edited by texifornia

Not being "optimistic" but just like Georgia is gonna come in pissed about the SEC title game? We've seen that that isn't really a motivating factor, if anything they're probably bummed they went from possibly a win away to going to the playoff to playing a pretty meaningless bowl. 

I have an investment opportunity of a lifetime for you. It involves gold. We already have a Hollywood Squares celebrity investor onboard.
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I think a good over is 600. I'd be reluctant to bet the under though. But I might. Decision decision.

Our offense will be it's usual cluster fuck of stupid so there we agree mostly.

Yeah there is no reason why Utah, with their great defense, cannot destroy Texas in this game.

This is why I think this is a good matchup for us. Tom Herman cannot get some cheap win over some other shitty 6-6 or 7-5 school here. He has to bring his A game, and his team has to show something they haven't shown in a long time in order to win. So we either see evidence he can right this ship or he shows he can't. Either way I think it is a good thing for our program.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

If that happens, does Sam also say "We're Baaaaack!" at the trophy ceremony?  I'd really love to hear that again.

Too soon?

Is this really what you want to give our players shit for? I think the way they have been playing has been a ton worse than wanting the 2019 Sugar Bowl to lead to bigger things.

• Like 1

• immamac locked and unlocked this topic
  • immamac locked this topic