2019 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. #11 Utah - Pregame Discussion Thread

texifornia

3 minutes ago, Goodman said:

The bowl sounds shitty for us because it's in San Antonio.

Shut your whore mouh and post less.  Every Texan should spend a New Year's in fucking SA!  It's like no other.

Also, besides the Sun Bowl this bowl is a mecca for Vic.  I'd bet he has reservations a year ahead of time.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Yep, the Texas Bowl today is basically what the Alamo bowl was from the original Big 12 bowl affiliations. The Alamo bowl today is the Cotton Bowl from that time period. 

Sugar is the same tier as the Fiesta was prior to realignment 

Alamo is same tier as Cotton was prior to realignment 

Camping World is same tier as Holiday was prior to realignment 

Texas is same tier Alamo was prior to realignment 

Same as it ever was, only different:

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The Alamo Bowl is not a lower tier bowl anymore. Not sure why people don't get that. It gets top choice after NY6, it has the second highest payout of any non-NY6 bowl, it has a good time slot. 

Things have changed. 

Then why do they have a 5 loss team in it?

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It was that or 4-loss I-State since OU went to a bowl not in the Big XII ladder. Lower order bowls always like picking Texas over smaller fanbases.

Iowa State has 5 losses. The only two available teams with fewer than 5 losses both had 4 losses and both lost to Texas.

So his question wasn't as smart as he thought it was.

• Like 3

Most of you are projecting your own senses of motivation and work ethic on the players. It's pretty damn rare for college athletes to not care. They wouldn't be where they are if it were that difficult to get fired up to compete. They may take some games a little less seriously than others, but they always want to be there. 

I'm guessing we are going to see the Texas that played against LSU, Oklahoma State, and OU more so than the Texas that we saw against Kansas, Iowa State, and TCU. The Last game of the season is always a big deal. Plus I'm expecting that we will soon start hearing some chatter from UU's players about how we don't scare them or whatever. Our guys hate that. I'm not going to guarantee a win, but it will be a good effort no matter what. 

Edited by Sock Monkey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Memes/jokes aside, this should be an easy W for Texas. Utah isn't very good at all. They haven't beaten a good team all year, and none of their players will care about playing in the Alamo Bowl. 

and orlando should have not rushed from siberia

and therm should have taken early points on 3rd down game after game after game.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Announcer: "He can't and won't."

So you think losing a bowl game in the national spot light is good for a team that isn't go to fire it's shitty head coach?

We will have to agree to disagree.

No, that was not what I said.

I said it was better for the program. Winning a bowl game over a shitty 6-6 team creates an illusion of progress that would not be there. This situation is preferable.

And we'll see if he can or will.

Edited by Valmy77

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Where does it compare to the camping bowl or whatever the fuck the other option was? Fuck 

Pecking order is as follows:

New Years Six Bowls (Playoff, Sugar, possible at-large bids to Fiesta, Cotton, or Peach)

Alamo

Camping World

Texas Bowl

Liberty Bowl

Cheezit Bowl

rotating bid between Armed Forces Bowl and First Responder Bowl

Alamo is far from the lower tier it used to be prior to 2014.   It used to be like the Liberty bowl is now but now it’s like the Cotton or Holiday used to be.

I went to the Michigan game at Utah a few years ago (Harbaugh’s first game) and the Ute fans were awesome to hang and drink with. Probably some of the most generous fans with their booze that I’ve been around. Tailgates will be fun for those going. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

marked-utes.png#4 fucks cowgirl and comes hard.  look at those hips.  power.  sheer power.

#1 is a supermodel.

marry #2.

i don't know how UU is going to travel, but there is talent there.  not asu or lsu.  if you are single,  on the chance that they travel, you want to be there.

Lot of California snow bunnies in their sororities, it's an attractive campus. Also Mormon girls are often really pretty, not that that's particularly helpful in this situation.

And damn man, you've criminally underrated #8. 

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Also Mormon girls are often really pretty, not that that's particularly helpful in this situation.

secular.  UU is NOT briggyU.  please allow me to go ALL CAPS to get the point across.

THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH IS NOT BYU.

IT IS IN GREAT SALT LAKE CITY IN THE FORMER STATE OF DESERET.

BUT ONLY 36% OF UU IS BRETHREN.  THIRTY.  SIX.  PERCENT.

THE BRETHREN DO NOT CALL THE SHOTS AT UU.

THEY HAVE HOT CHICKS THAT FUCK, ALCOHOL AND SMOKE FROM COLORADO.

https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/thirty-six-percent-students-university-utah-mormon

And the academics are pretty good too.

Regarding hot brethren, outside of utah, absolutely.  Devout observant testimony-bearing multi-generation pioneer-descended girls born and raised in utah?

Compare byu cheer:

77dc809f48d602c6ab553fbe9f4b8536.jpg

only starter for UU is 2nd from left, rest are jags.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

secular.  UU is NOT briggyU.  please allow me to go ALL CAPS to get the point across.

https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/thirty-six-percent-students-university-utah-mormon

Regarding hot brethren, outside of utah, absolutely.  Devout observant testimony-bearing multi-generation pioneer-descended girls born and raised in utah?

Compare byu cheer:

#2 from left might almost be worth converting for

I spent the week of Thanksgiving in Park City. It snowed hard from Tuesday through Saturday and was a fucking winter wonderland. I’ve spent a ton of times working with Mormons in business deals and have probably visited SLC 30 times and stayed for pleasure in PC at least 5 times. It’s a great fucking area. The people are nice. There are hot chicks everywhere and I love the weather. It’s hard to find coffee though. Also, never trust a fucking Mormon by anything but the letter of the contract. They’re a damned mafia almost. 

Wait, where were we? ... Oh yeah, fuck, we’ve got to play these guys? Prepare thy anus, as we should assume they’re going in bone dry. 

38 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Compare byu cheer:

You obviously haven't been on the BYU campus.  The hotest talent in the state is down in Provo and it's not even close.  Talent with brains. since it takes basically a 3.9 GPA to get in to the Y.  

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Compare byu cheer:

You rated the UU girl on far right number 4. Sorry for your blindness. Was it recent?

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

Well coached teams kill Tom's teams.  This is potentially a very horrible match up for Tom.  I feel bad for Utah. A few days ago they went from potential playoff talk to playing 7-5 Texas in the Alamo Bowl. What a fall. 

He beat Bob Stoops and Lincoln Riley. He's beaten Patterson, Campbell, Gundy, Klieman, and the Wizard. He's beaten well coached teams before. I don't think he'll win here to due to match up reasons and due to coaching transitions, but this an overly reactionary and unjustifiable take that will likely devolve into a no true scotsman fallacy coming from you and a general sense of exasperation from me.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Heheh... 

You know we only went 1-2 of the games you mentioned in that one gave up just shy of 500 yards and won by only 6 after a late TD by a team that went 8-4. 

In the two we lost we gave up more than 500 yard in each and damn near 600 vs LSU.

I guess okie state did finish ahead of in the conference so there is that... 

Otherwise, not stellar performance examples.

Yeah, I really wanted to put more wins as examples (maybe Tech minus the first quarter or WVU), but I think those games were our best efforts and would have been upsets. The KU game was pathetic. 

6 hours ago, TrueUte said:

Ute fan here coming in peace. Yes we drink, a lot. BYU fans like to “bash” us about our alcohol. Our online fans can be retards, but the fans who will be at the game should be chill. Sounds like the team is excited to play a blue-blood. We actually have quite a few Texas recruits on our team and Cam Rising who transferred from you guys, (Rising is obviously ineligible this year). It’s sounding like most of our seniors should play. We lost our first and second string safety in the championship game. We’ve got a solid team, over rated most of the year which you guys saw why Friday but we’re solid. We have a young o line which got blown up by Oregon. Our defense has 5-6 nfl dudes on it. Zack Moss our rb is a nfl back. He loves contact and is an animal. I didn’t watch Texas once this year other than a quarter of the LSU game. If you guys have a good DL/OL you will be able to keep the game close and probably win. If you let us dominate the line of scrimmage then be prepared for a long night. We love to control the time of possession until we wear defenses down then hit them with big plays. Hope it’s a good game. 

Yeah, well our coach is Mensa. So. You know.

12 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

The Alamo Bowl is not a lower tier bowl anymore. Not sure why people don't get that. It gets top choice after NY6, it has the second highest payout of any non-NY6 bowl, it has a good time slot. 

Things have changed. 

The fact that it's still. Called the "Alamo Bowl" instead of the "Valero Bowl" should also say something about it as well. Bowl names should be the way they were traditionally, like the Rose Bowl or the Cotton Bowl. Then the primary sponsor can be listed as 'presented by' just my opinion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

The fact that it's still. Called the "Alamo Bowl" instead of the "Valero Bowl" should also say something about it as well. Bowl names should be the way they were traditionally, like the Rose Bowl or the Cotton Bowl. Then the primary sponsor can be listed as 'presented by' just my opinion.

Don't know man... The cheese its bowl brought to you by cheese its doesn't sound right. In fact, nothing about the cheese its bowl sounds right. 

• immamac locked and unlocked this topic
  • immamac locked this topic