2019 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. #11 Utah - Pregame Discussion Thread

texifornia

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

we're gonna get destroyed.  Utah has a mobile QB.  he's gonna tear us apart.  and i'm sure they're pissed about the PAC 12 title game.

ugh.

bet businesses in SA are happy about a number of non-drinkers coming to town.

Tech should always be in the Alamo Bowl regardless of record.

You know, because tortillas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

we're gonna get destroyed.  Utah has a mobile QB.  he's gonna tear us apart.  and i'm sure they're pissed about the PAC 12 title game.

ugh.

this.  utah's defense is better than any we've seen this year.

re: non-drinkers - that's BYU.  sure, UU has mormons, but it's more like UC Santa Cruz or Berkeley than it's like Provo.  UU is very very secular.  The Avenues neighborhood is now supergentrified (akin to our West Campus) and they will travel in force to a destination city for new years for the chance to kick the everlivingshit out of a helmet school.

this is a terrible matchup for us.

therm has his work cut out for him.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

ugh.

They’ll probably destroy us and our interim staff, but I am dubious as to whether they’ll be motivated after their trouncing by Oregon. They may not be overly excited to be there. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

ugh.

Not being "optimistic" but just like Georgia is gonna come in pissed about the SEC title game? We've seen that that isn't really a motivating factor, if anything they're probably bummed they went from possibly a win away to going to the playoff to playing a pretty meaningless bowl. 

• Like 3

the game will sell out instantly.  texas has a huge fanbase that either never stepped foot on the 40 or only has a tangential attachment to the brand, and they don't know fuckall about the surl, who cdc is, or therm's love for love and ravioli.  every time we play in san antonio it's been a huge party.  it's new years.   it's texas.   drink up.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Not being "optimistic" but just like Georgia is gonna come in pissed about the SEC title game? We've seen that that isn't really a motivating factor, if anything they're probably bummed they went from possibly a win away to going to the playoff to playing a pretty meaningless bowl. 

Exactly. Last year Georgia felt cheated and they were supposed to come in pissed off ready to prove something. This one is completely different.. Utah laid an egg with a playoff spot on the line. They REALLY don’t want to be there.

2 minutes ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Anybody have any idea where the foundation tickets are in the Alamodome?  They are $80-$180.  I am 50/50 on getting tix right now.

I've usually gotten corner club level seats in recent trips to Alamo Bowl.  We're fairly high in the priority rankings fwiw.

• Like 1

I watched Utah twice this year.  Manhandled by USC and Oregon. I'd like to think our talent / skill level is in the range of these two teams.  That plus a home crowd, a let down season wanting to prove something, we should win this game. 

• Like 2

• immamac locked and unlocked this topic
  • immamac locked this topic