2019 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. #11 Utah - Pregame Discussion Thread

texifornia

3 hours ago, joeycovers said:

Colin Johnson was such a disappointment this year.  Hope he can at least play in the bowl game and show us what could have been. 

I’ll be shocked if he plays. He already has senior bowl invite. He’s not shown that he’ll go extra mile re:injury fight through. 

Great WR when on field. 

5 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I’ll be shocked if he plays. He already has senior bowl invite. He’s not shown that he’ll go extra mile re:injury fight through. 

Great WR when on field. 

I can't remember if it became public or not but he played hurt in the LSU game and that probably fucked up his season.  Once it was reinjured not sure what extent he could have played but I wouldn't think he had a shot until Tech.  Would be great if he played but no doubt he's being advised to stay on the shelf until the Senior Bowl.   Being healthy for that week of practice is way more important to his career than the Alamo Bowl.

21 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I can't remember if it became public or not but he played hurt in the LSU game and that probably fucked up his season.  Once it was reinjured not sure what extent he could have played but I wouldn't think he had a shot until Tech.  Would be great if he played but no doubt he's being advised to stay on the shelf until the Senior Bowl.   Being healthy for that week of practice is way more important to his career than the Alamo Bowl.

Agree Senior Bowl more important. That’s why I just don’t see him fighting to play in meaningless bowl game capping a crap season. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

*doesn't

The above sounds like a Casey Horny "truth don't lie" slogan.  You see what happens when you hire a rape enthusiast who doesn't know dick about sentences and special teams and your bosses have to print out an apology for his employment, Tom?  This is what happens.

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

*doesn't

The above sounds like a Casey Horny "truth don't lie" slogan.  You see what happens when you hire a rape enthusiast who doesn't know dick about sentences and special teams and your bosses have to print out an apology for his employment, Tom?  This is what happens.

"The grind doesn't stop" is a whole lot less catchy than "Grind don't stop", I gotta say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, torre said:

Crux of the press conf begins at 13:00 with Whittingham discussing Scalley and TH discussing Orlando.    Urban Meyer connection is discussed and Whittingham (age 60) has done personal exercise for 4K continuous days

Minute 13 is Chip Brown speaking.  Fuck Chip Brown!

I live in West San Antonio.  Should I go wait outside for bargain ass tickets because that what's Texas deserves or welcome ArmyBrat and his harem to stay at  my place  and then smother them for some tix on the 50 (they'd have to go upstairs without one of those chair thingeex).  

I'm guessing nobody wants me to kill of AB though because he's a badass poster. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 1:24 PM, Cajun said:

Colin Johnson?  Grind?  LMAO

Some of the comments on that post are gold.  I personally agree with the guy who says stop posting this shit until you can actually play football.  I get sick of seeing bullshit hype for a half-assed coached team.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, torre said:

Comments from a well known ticket broker (Best Tickets).

Cohen said tickets are going anywhere from $75 to $500 right now, and he doesn’t see the prices getting much higher.

“My crystal ball is on the blink, but I predict prices to stay probably, you know, relative to about $100 average sale price,” he said.

“I don't predict a big spike at the end because Utah is too far to travel from,” Cohen said. “Pacific Coast teams tend not to travel as well, so I anticipate it probably to be a more gradual sell than a spiking sell.”

https://www.kens5.com/article/sports/alamo-bowl-ticket-sales-texas-longhorns-utah-utes/273-b3026fcc-8579-4f72-9c53-265a8562b682

Whatever happened to Eddie Money?

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 9:36 AM, mdmost said:

"Hey, Lisa, before you leave today -- and I know it's 4:55pm -- the logos and stuff for the bowl game are on my desk.  Can you just lay them out on a shirt and send them to production?  We need to get these out.  Just use your best judgment on the design, I'm good with whatever you come up with."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

"Hey, Lisa, before you leave today -- and I know it's 4:55pm -- the logos and stuff for the bowl game are on my desk.  Can you just lay them out on a shirt and send them to production?  We need to get these out.  Just use your best judgment on the design, I'm good with whatever you come up with."

Lulz the fucking year and opponent is missing what a joke

• immamac locked and unlocked this topic
  • immamac locked this topic