2019 Texas Bowl: #25 Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M

texifornia

20 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Isn’t OSU on their third string QB? And their defense is still non-existent?

19 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Why is there no Chuba what is wrong with Sanders I have not followed the team I really hope the BDF shits on aggy

Sanders hurt his thumb a few weeks ago against KU. Backup Dru Brown (a senior who transferred from Hawaii 2 years ago after starting 2 seasons for them) started both the WVU and OU games. Beat WVU, and yeah, Bedlam. Gundy said Sanders is likely to be cleared in a week or so. On that timeline, he'll probably play. If he needs another week to clear, he probably won't play, because he likely won't get enough prep time in. I don't think the difference in QB is too much, Brown is fine, but Sanders is more dynamic and stretches the run defense better with his legs.

Chuba is almost certain to go pro so could sit out to avoid injury, but I think he has more to gain by playing, especially if he gets invited to NY for the Heisman ceremony. I think he is still not well known, and the last mock draft I saw had him in the 4th round. If he makes NY and runs wild on aggy, he can move up, but is unlikely to drop much if our o-line struggles. I thought yesterday that he would sit, but I'm thinking now he'll likely play. Backup LD Brown has not been good, so if Chuba sits, we're fucked. 

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The Big XII protected us from Aggy: https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3081936

Am not clicking on that link, but obviously those idiots want to forget how their chickenshit Liar AD refused to schedule UT as an OOC game because their schedule was “all filled up”. The only thing filled up was their eyeballs with bullshit. Goddamned cowards.

32 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I remember that game very, very well. I remember watching it at a College Station bar (waiting for the Texas game on another screen) and turning to the aggy next to me at halftime and saying, "You know y'all are going to lose, right?"

He laughed, and bet me the bar tab.

I drank a lot in the 2nd half. Good times.

Just for context, aggy had been fucking up in every 2nd half that year, and Okie State was the first team they played that had the horses to make them pay for it. So it wasn't as dumb a statement as it might seem.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Just for context, aggy had been fucking up in every 2nd half that year, and Okie State was the first team they played that had the horses to make them pay for it. So it wasn't as dumb a statement as it might seem.

One of the funny things I remember about that game.... Aggy had kind of shut us down in the first half because they were sitting back in a deep zone, taking our deep passing game with Weeden/Blackmon/etc. away... and we were kind of forcing things.

So in the second half we just came out and ran WR screens on almost every play and just went up and down the field on them.  They never adjusted so we just kept running it and they couldn't stop it.

I think we picked off Tannehill a few times as well.

8 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So in the second half we just came out and ran WR screens on almost every play and just went up and down the field on them.  They never adjusted so we just kept running it and they couldn't stop it.

I think we picked off Tannehill a few times as well.

Oh, they adjusted alright. They started running the "cramp play". A different aggy would sit down and pretend to be hurt after every play because they were so gassed from chasing WR screens.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Oh, they adjusted alright. They started running the "cramp play". A different aggy would sit down and pretend to be hurt after every play because they were so gassed from chasing WR screens.

LOL oh yeah!

That was honestly one of the first times I remember seeing a team do that to slow down the Air Raid/Spread/Whatever.

I like that very much.  Kudos to that inventor.  If I had half a brain, a time machine, and the ability to do memes.  I'd have that screaming blonde woman yelling at her would-be fiance, "You promised me a prime football matchup between a marquee Texas program and a marquee Oklahoma program in a major U.S. City .... And then have the cat scowling back with "A&M v. OSU in Houston."  But to shorten it, the cat just be like "Academy"....but you know...he'd sing it in that little beat of theirs from the 'murcials.  

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

I like that very much.  Kudos to that inventor.  If I had half a brain, a time machine, and the ability to do memes.  I'd have that screaming blonde woman yelling at her would-be fiance, "You promised me a prime football matchup between a marquee Texas program and a marquee Oklahoma program in a major U.S. City .... And then have the cat scowling back with "A&M v. OSU in Houston."  But to shorten it, the cat just be like "Academy"....but you know...he'd sing it in that little beat of theirs from the 'murcials.  

Best I could do with such short notice.

spacer.png

• Like 6

I like to think the big difference between Oklahoma Aggy and Texas Aggy is that we are FAR more self aware.

Texas Aggy *thinks* they are a college football powerhouse / elite program. 

While there are always nutbag outliers, I think the vast majority of our fan base understands where we stand in the grand scheme. We're a good program who can rise up and have an elite year every once in a while, but we aren't any kind of powerhouse/traditional/name brand program.

As someone who was in school when we pretty much hit rock bottom (early/mid 1990s), I'm totally fine with this.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I like to think the big difference between Oklahoma Aggy and Texas Aggy is that we are FAR more self aware.

While there are always nutbag outliers, I think the vast majority of our fan base understands where we stand in the grand scheme. We're a good program who can rise up and have an elite year every once in a while, but we aren't any kind of powerhouse/traditional/name brand program.

As someone who was in school when we pretty much hit rock bottom (early/mid 1990s), I'm totally fine with this.

I'm willing to bet y'all have a lot more fun watching your team than we have watching ours.

I could have sworn I heard Looch say aggy was headed for a prestigious florida bowl*

*He really does try to push the idea that playing a bowl in florida is something to be strived for and definitively better than the other lower tier bowls.  Maybe they teach it at fish camp now.
I have 3 prestigious florida bowls. aggy is in at least one of them every day.

22 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I was at Texas during the worst 4 year stretch in school history.  I thought that was rock bottom. oh how wrong I was. 

it is amazing that OSU/TCU/KSU/Baylor(given Briles would still be there if he wasn't a piece of shit human) have had such coaching stability while Texas consistently fucks up

whats Texas "Aggy"? if you are referring to the sheepfuckers in college station. them are aggy, just aggy. no need for the Texas as there am only one aggy. and "aggy" is NEVER capitalized.

go pokes pound aggy

ps if you insist on a qualifier for aggy please consider SEC as in SEC aggy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Wait are you saying we're the "Always Save" version of OU?

I like to think of us more as "Target Brand" OU.... pretty decent product for the price, but definitely not as good as the main brand. :D

I think I speak for all of us here in the hopes and dreams that OSU will take over dominance of the state of Oklahoma and keep it for the next century due to blowU falling into a giant sinkhole. . 

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

We are Oklahoma State University. The land grant college of a small state with a massive deficiency in our football record against the state's other major university, which cheated for decades to obtain blueblood status which sustains them today. We formerly were the Oklahoma A&M Aggies, which involves a proud history. Yeah, we have generally sucked at football except for a blip in the 40s, and another in the 80's when we tried to cheat like our in-state rivals, and have been well above average for the last 14 years.

But we are nothing like aggy. Not even close. The only similarity is that we both were founded as agricultural and mechanical colleges and both have shitty records against our in-state rivals in football. There is literally no comparison in any other way. This might be interpreted as silly and lighthearted, but my hatred is very real. The fake soldiers are bad enough. But the bonfire issue  takes it to another level. I am dead serious that we never, ever, ever, be compared to these despicable losers. That is my rant. 

Preach

Edited by RollLeft
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I was at Texas during the worst 4 year stretch in school history.  I thought that was rock bottom. oh how wrong I was. 

it is amazing that OSU/TCU/KSU/Baylor(given Briles would still be there if he wasn't a piece of shit human) have had such coaching stability while Texas consistently fucks up

Well "rock bottom" for Texas and "rock bottom" for OSU are two different things. ;)

Here was OSU's rock bottom -- 

• I arrived at OSU as a freshman in the fall of 1993.  We didn't win a Big 8 conference game until halfway through my JUNIOR year. (Although we did manage a tie against Iowa State my sophomore year)
  • We never had a winning record when I was in school - the closest being a 5-6 finish in 1996 (first year of the Big 12).
  • We played the first ever college football regular season overtime game in 1996 - scraping out a 23-20 victory against - you guessed it - Southwest Missouri State.
  • Without looking it up, I'm guessing the average attendance at our games was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25,000. After halftime that would fall to about 10-15,000 give or take, depending on the weather and how badly we were losing.
  • To say the old Lewis Field, and our football facilities in general, were shitty was probably an insult to shit. Most Texas 5A high schools had FAR better facilities than us.

So yeah - everything that OSU has done under Gundy in the past 15 years is all gravy to me. Given where we came from, it kind of blows my mind that Gundy just had his 14th straight winning season.  I remember just hoping and praying that we would somehow, some way make a bowl game while I was in college.  It didn't happen until the year after I graduated, when we went to the 1997 Alamo Bowl. 

I remember thinking how amazing that was, and now we've gone to a bowl 14 straight years and 17 of 18 years overall since Les Miles' second year in 2002.  Crazy.

7 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Well "rock bottom" for Texas and "rock bottom" for OSU are two different things. ;)

Here was OSU's rock bottom -- 

• I arrived at OSU as a freshman in the fall of 1993.  We didn't win a Big 8 conference game until halfway through my JUNIOR year. (Although we did manage a tie against Iowa State my sophomore year)
  • We never had a winning record when I was in school - the closest being a 5-6 finish in 1996 (first year of the Big 12).
  • We played the first ever college football regular season overtime game in 1996 - scraping out a 23-20 victory against - you guessed it - Southwest Missouri State.
  • Without looking it up, I'm guessing the average attendance at our games was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25,000. After halftime that would fall to about 10-15,000 give or take, depending on the weather and how badly we were losing.
  • To say the old Lewis Field, and our football facilities in general, were shitty was probably an insult to shit. Most Texas 5A high schools had FAR better facilities than us.

So yeah - everything that OSU has done under Gundy in the past 15 years is all gravy to me. Given where we came from, it kind of blows my mind that Gundy just had his 14th straight winning season.  I remember just hoping and praying that we would somehow, some way make a bowl game while I was in college.  It didn't happen until the year after I graduated, when we went to the 1997 Alamo Bowl. 

I remember thinking how amazing that was, and now we've gone to a bowl 14 straight years and 17 of 18 years overall since Les Miles' second year in 2002.  Crazy.

IMO, The Big 12 has definitely helped teams such as Baylor/OSU/TCU on the recruiting front(especially with aggy and Neb leaving) but they have also hired very solid coaches as well.

19 hours ago, 'stache said:

Thus, we are not "aggy" of any sort, so please, never say "Oklahoma aggy" ever again. The word "aggy" is a term of art. It applies solely to the delusional fucks in college station. The ones who jizz in jars out of jealousy of their superior in-state rival and play dress up on the sidelines pretending to be soldiers. The term "aggy" refers to a place that negligently murdered 12 students out of devotion to their "burning hatred" of their superior in-state rival and hid behind sovereign immunity to make sure the facts were never established of their negligence. 

We have nothing of the sort in our fanbase. We have a faction of delusional assholes who want to fire Gundy and hire some unidentified badass who will bring all the five starts to Stillwater, but this is a small faction dumbass of an otherwise broeadly reasonable fan base. The delusional idiots are literally 98% of aggy fanbase by their own definition (anyone who questions aggy superiority are "2 percenters"). 

We are Oklahoma State University. The land grant college of a small state with a massive deficiency in our football record against the state's other major university, which cheated for decades to obtain blueblood status which sustains them today. We formerly were the Oklahoma A&M Aggies, which involves a proud history. Yeah, we have generally sucked at football except for a blip in the 40s, and another in the 80's when we tried to cheat like our in-state rivals, and have been well above average for the last 14 years.

But we are nothing like aggy. Not even close. The only similarity is that we both were founded as agricultural and mechanical colleges and both have shitty records against our in-state rivals in football. There is literally no comparison in any other way. This might be interpreted as silly and lighthearted, but my hatred is very real. The fake soldiers are bad enough. But the bonfire issue  takes it to another level. I am dead serious that we never, ever, ever, be compared to these despicable losers. That is my rant. 

Shut up okie aggie.

• Like 1