2019 Texas Bowl: #25 Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M

texifornia

There's a couple of teams in the big 12 I kinda like. Okie state is one of them.

In addition to the posters here almost all the people I've met from there have been good people. No delusions of grandeur, and a common hatred of ou.

I was at a game in stillwater maybe 2007 but not really sure. We came back from a bunch of points and won. I went into the bathroom after the game and was taking a leak. There was one other horn fan in there and an OSU fan came in and congratulated us on the win. The other UT fan said, "I thought for sure you were going to make that field goal and beat us"

The OSU fan said "Mister, I see that you are not familiar with OSU football"

• Like 6

14 hours ago, blacklab said:

There's a couple of teams in the big 12 I kinda like. Okie state is one of them.

In addition to the posters here almost all the people I've met from there have been good people. No delusions of grandeur, and a common hatred of ou.

I was at a game in stillwater maybe 2007 but not really sure. We came back from a bunch of points and won. I went into the bathroom after the game and was taking a leak. There was one other horn fan in there and an OSU fan came in and congratulated us on the win. The other UT fan said, "I thought for sure you were going to make that field goal and beat us"

We are a self deprecating group for sure.  Pretty sure that was the Jamaal Charles 4th quarter special. I was absolutely miserable for the rest of that weekend. I would have been nice to any UT fan (I honestly don't remember if I ran into any or not). Also, notice how this post about niceness from OSU fans is short, sweet, and completely believable. None of that aggy shit about you crying in awe of our great fans and hoping to bestow upon your son the great honor and privilege of attending our school. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, blacklab said:

LOL sounds right.  Those OSU-Texas games in the early-to-mid 2000s may have caused my functional alcoholism to kick it up a notch.

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Mid 20-aughts, IIRC, there were three games in a row where we trailed OSU big-time at the half, and then came out and kicked ass the rest of the way.  I believe the three-game second halfs totalled 108-0.

It wasn't quite that bad, but close.  Texas had three big second half comebacks in 4 years:

• 2004 (Austin) - Les Miles' last year. OSU up 35-14 at half. Texas outscores us 42-0 in second half and wins 56-35
  • 2005 (Stillwater) - Gundy's first year. Bad OSU team. Gundy's only losing team. OSU up 28-12 at half before Texas' national champ team decides to stop dicking around. Texas wins 47-28. This one really wasn't that bad because OSU had ZERO business ever even being in this game. Texas was just disinterested for a half.
  • 2006 (Austin) - Texas won 36-10. OSU never in the game.
  • 2007 (Stillwater) - This one was the real killer. OSU finally had it rolling under Gundy; this was the first Zac Robinson/Kendall Hunter/Brandon Pettigrew/Dez Bryant team. OSU was ahead 35-14 going into the fourth quarter and then Jamal Charles went all destroyer mode. Texas wins 38-35 on a FG as time expires.

2008 was a super close game in Austin when Texas was #1 and we were like #15 or so (Texas won 28-24) and then 2009 the Texas team that would have won the title if not for Colt's injury rolled us in Stillwater.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

It wasn't quite that bad, but close.  Texas had three big second half comebacks in 4 years:

• 2004 (Austin) - Les Miles' last year. OSU up 35-14 at half. Texas outscores us 42-0 in second half and wins 56-35
  • 2005 (Stillwater) - Gundy's first year. Bad OSU team. Gundy's only losing team. OSU up 28-12 at half before Texas' national champ team decides to stop dicking around. Texas wins 47-28. This one really wasn't that bad because OSU had ZERO business ever even being in this game. Texas was just disinterested for a half.
  • 2007 (Stillwater) - This one was the real killer. OSU finally had it rolling under Gundy; this was the first Zac Robinson/Kendall Hunter/Brandon Pettigrew/Dez Bryant team. OSU was ahead 35-14 going into the fourth quarter and then Jamal Charles went all destroyer mode. Texas wins 38-35 on a FG as time expires.

2008 was a super close game in Austin when Texas was #1 and we were like #15 or so (Texas won 28-24) and then 2009 the Texas team that would have won the title if not for Colt's injury rolled us in Stillwater.

That 2008 game was heartbreaking too because Kendall Hunter fumbled in the redzone in the first half and we had a chance at a game winning drive at the end. Almost as heartbreaking as J.W. Walshe's fumble on a potential game winning drive against FSU in the first game of the season after their national title.

Edited by 'stache

I gotta say, I made a very reluctant visit to texaggy, and they appear to have allowed more "two percenters" post than I remember. Some actual reasonable thoughts. I assume there is a pay board is where the 98%ers (redass fish camp delusional cultists) post?

Edited by 'stache

19 hours ago, blacklab said:

Jamaal frikin Charles brought us from 21 back. 

edit: I was at that game too. OSU fans were great before and after the game. 

Edited by Telegraph_it

On 12/10/2019 at 3:42 PM, 'stache said:

Thus, we are not "aggy" of any sort, so please, never say "Oklahoma aggy" ever again. The word "aggy" is a term of art. It applies solely to the delusional fucks in college station. The ones who jizz in jars out of jealousy of their superior in-state rival and play dress up on the sidelines pretending to be soldiers. The term "aggy" refers to a place that negligently murdered 12 students out of devotion to their "burning hatred" of their superior in-state rival and hid behind sovereign immunity to make sure the facts were never established of their negligence. 

We have nothing of the sort in our fanbase. We have a faction of delusional assholes who want to fire Gundy and hire some unidentified badass who will bring all the five starts to Stillwater, but this is a small faction dumbass of an otherwise broeadly reasonable fan base. The delusional idiots are literally 98% of aggy fanbase by their own definition (anyone who questions aggy superiority are "2 percenters"). 

We are Oklahoma State University. The land grant college of a small state with a massive deficiency in our football record against the state's other major university, which cheated for decades to obtain blueblood status which sustains them today. We formerly were the Oklahoma A&M Aggies, which involves a proud history. Yeah, we have generally sucked at football except for a blip in the 40s, and another in the 80's when we tried to cheat like our in-state rivals, and have been well above average for the last 14 years.

But we are nothing like aggy. Not even close. The only similarity is that we both were founded as agricultural and mechanical colleges and both have shitty records against our in-state rivals in football. There is literally no comparison in any other way. This might be interpreted as silly and lighthearted, but my hatred is very real. The fake soldiers are bad enough. But the bonfire issue  takes it to another level. I am dead serious that we never, ever, ever, be compared to these despicable losers. That is my rant. 

Well said. The term 'Aggy' gets thrown around way too often on here for other schools. Aggy is not  something normal that applies to many schools. There is one Aggy and its in bumfuck College Station. It goes way beyond sports. It is the culture they embody for over a century. I do not know any other school that has this culture. Plenty of schools routinely don't do shit and get dominated by a rival but that does not make them Aggy at all. That is reserved for only one school. 

On 12/11/2019 at 10:25 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

• I arrived at OSU as a freshman in the fall of 1993. 

A good friend in HS was there your Soph and Jr year, the punter, Greg Ivy.  I think his last year he was 2nd in the nation in punting (or something).  He got invited to a few camps but didnt make a team.  Rams and Falcons IIRC.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Well said. The term 'Aggy' gets thrown around way too often on here for other schools. Aggy is not  something normal that applies to many schools. There is one Aggy and its in bumfuck College Station. It goes way beyond sports. It is the culture they embody for over a century. I do not know any other school that has this culture. Plenty of schools routinely don't do shit and get dominated by a rival but that does not make them Aggy at all. That is reserved for only one school. 

Mr. Phlegm is about to rake your ass for capitalizing aggy, prepare your anus.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

If it helps, that was probably Charles’ second best 4th quarter that season. But you can argue that point with Nebraska if you want to be number one. 

Mr. Phlegm is about to rake your ass for capitalizing aggy, prepare your anus.
Might not need as much prep as you think.
If it helps, that was probably Charles’ second best 4th quarter that season. But you can argue that point with Nebraska if you want to be number one. 

You wanna buy some cleats from that NU game? I know a guy.

Man it doesn’t seem like Madibuike has been there 3 years already.

Isn’t OSU on their third string QB? And their defense is still non-existent?

Don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but our defense is actually our strength right now. That probably says as much about our non-existent offense right now as it does about the D. Sadly, I don’t think this game goes well for us unless Chiba and Sanders both play. Oh, and play great.

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Any news on Chuba, Wallace and Sanders' availability?

No and his social media has been noncommittal.  My gut tells me he’s not going to play...and with Wallace maybe gone and Sanders questionable, I can see why the line is +7 as all three of our starting offensive triplets may not be playing.  

Sucks but it is what it is.  I’m a black sheep Poke in that I grew up an Air Force brat, have lived all over and had to buy a book on football so I could understand the game when we moved to Texas and I joined the burkburnett HS marching band...but I’m still a reasonable, chill fan of my alma mater. I have a masters from northwestern to go along with my osu undergrad, but I didn’t come of age on campus there so I’m not really a close fan. 

There’s something in the ingrained culture in Stillwater, along with fellow college town, non-blue blood schools as I see the same characteristics in ISU/KSU fans.  

I like you horns anyways...Texas alums tend to be well educated, funny, with just the right sprinkle of asshole.  Most horns tend to root on osu when we are not playing each other, and the reverse tends to be true.  

This is my home on the Internet, I want to keep it that way, and being a braying ass is not the way to be a welcomed guest here...you hear me Georgia fans?  I was in my car with the engine running to drive to the sugar bowl when Bevo took on that bulldog, ready to suit up and join the ass beating.  Fuck that kinda asshole.  

• Like 3

On 12/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, blacklab said:

In addition to the posters here almost all the people I've met from there have been good people.

Seconded. They've certainly had their chances to take a heel turn at any point the past decade, the way seemingly harmless LSU posters did around September, and they've just been steady

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If madubuike isn’t playing, that right there ought to be enough for the pokes to run all over them. 

If that does happen, just remember it's only because Aggy didn't care.

Always a good reminder that SECSECSEC only loses bowl games they don't care about.

17 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I see aggy beating OSU and Utah crushing Texas for a just shitty close to the season.

Hope neither transpire but OSU was a very inconsistent team and Texas sucks balls.

As uneven as we've been, I will give Gundy credit for this: we pretty much always play well in bowl games.

Our record in bowls under Gundy is 9-4 and the only time we weren't competitive was in '15 against that 'Ole Miss team that was the best team money could buy this side of the 1980s SMU teams.

who is this "Aggy" you speak of? those assclowns in colege station are aggy NOT Aggy

being a parody of "t.u." aggy is NEVER capitalized.
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:
If that does happen, just remember it's only because Aggy didn't care.
Always a good reminder that SECSECSEC only loses bowl games they don't care about.

Aggy is not playing the game, aggy is

Apologies, good sir. aggy it is. :D 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You've gone full retard, Eeyore.

spacer.png

I am in eeyore mode but by what objective measure can you assert that Texas is indeed not sucking balls?

Defense - just about worst in country and in UT history 

Offense- completely anemic and uninspired and incapable of moving the ball in 2nd half season

Coaching staff-complete shit show and in disarray

I would love to believe UT will show up vs Utah, I just don’t see it. 

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Sanders playing is probably good, as long as he doesn't revert to the turnover machine he was during most of the season. Hopefully we can run the shit out of aggy with him and Chubba and not even worry about passing too much.

I would think that the Cowboy's offense appearing to be moving  in slow motion will confuse the jack booted maroons. SEC speed being what it is and all. ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So our all Big 12 safety Kolby Harvell-Peel will miss the game with a knee injury. He’s from collie station too. And our other starting safety Tre Sterling will miss the first half for targeting v ou. Our young DL and experienced LBs are capable of pressure, but not consistent. We’ll need to get to Mond, and that concerns me. How is aggy oline?

also, is this the game thread or should I start another?

Edited by 'stache