2019 Texas Bowl: #25 Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M

texifornia

39 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So our all Big 12 safety Kolby Harvell-Peel will miss the game with a knee injury. He’s from collie station too. And our other starting safety Tre Sterling will miss the first half for targeting v ou. Our young DL and experienced LBs are capable of pressure, but not consistent. We’ll need to get to Mond, and that concerns me. How is aggy oline?

also, is this the game thread or should I start another?

Their oline is terrible.  I actually think Mond himself is pretty good, but that oline just severely limits his ability to make plays.

I have no idea what to expect.  We tend to play well in bowl games, but Sanders may be awfully rusty and revert back to a TO machine.  I’m not sure why aggy is favored by a TD, then again we’d probably have the same record against that brutal schedule...that loss to Tech was absolutely maddening, otherwise we’d be playing a 10-win season.  

/that’ll be $9.95 for this hot take

48 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Their O-line is basically 5 guards who can’t move for shit. Okie Lite has got this.

I hope so. We've been pretty successful with blitz packages. We have some speed and skill up front on defense, and some major holes right now in the secondary, so we better be able to run past that o-line consistently. I think Chuba is going to run wild.

3 minutes ago, Hozz said:

This line is interesting.  I have no idea why it is so high.  I could see aggy -3 since its effectively a home game for them but 6.5-7 seems crazy.  Aggy lost to every team they played with a winning record.  That trend should continue here.

Duh, they sec

22 minutes ago, Hozz said:

This line is interesting.  I have no idea why it is so high.  I could see aggy -3 since its effectively a home game for them but 6.5-7 seems crazy.  Aggy lost to every team they played with a winning record.  That trend should continue here.

Line has moved from aggy -7 to aggy -4.5.  I assume the original line was set with the thought that Hubbard and Sanders would be out.

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The lines are set for common bettors, many of whom are stupid and fall for the secsecsec bullshit. But yeah, I also think it was uncertainty about Sanders and Chuba. With Chuba playing alone, I think it is a push.

If both teams were at full strength, this would be a B12 style 50-60 point ass kicking by the pokes. I still think Ok St can score 35-40 in this one which should be enough.   

Edited by Vertigo

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Go oklahoma cowboys, beat texas aggies.

This makes my skin crawl.

Of all the Aggy shit that Aggy does, calling themselves "the Texas Aggies" takes the cake.  If some ISU fan tried to start calling us the "Iowa Cyclones", they'd get a fucking swirly.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This makes my skin crawl.

Of all the Aggy shit that Aggy does, calling themselves "the Texas Aggies" takes the cake.  If some ISU fan tried to start calling us the "Iowa Cyclones", they'd get a fucking swirly.

That actually bothers me the least of all things aggy, based on history. I explained it at some point in the aggy thread. Several of the state chartered agriculture focused colleges established by the Morrill Act went by "State Aggies" early in their history.  Oklahoma A&M was called the Oklahoma Aggies for some time.  Michigan State went by "Michigan Aggies." It was just a way to differentiate between the "U of State" and the "State A&M U,." The "U of State" had it's own mascot and the ag schools mostly went by "Aggies." So putting the state in front of "Aggies" was to differentiate which state aggies were playing.

Aggy is unique only in that they retained the A&M and Aggie moniker instead of switching to "State" like many others. What I find it ironic about this story is that they think it is a big deal which, in fact, it is one thing that is not at all special or unique to them, except for the fact that they kept the A&M and designated it as literally meaningless. 

The overall delusion, jizz jars, stolen valor corp, etc., is what makes them truly special as a bunch of aggy.

Image result for oklahoma aggies

Image result for michigan aggies

Edit: Found more. KSU formerly the Kansas Aggies. The state in front of "Aggies" to differentiate between Aggies.

Image result for "kansas aggies"

Related image

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That actually bothers me the least of all things aggy, based on history. I explained it at some point in the aggy thread. Several of the state chartered agriculture focused colleges established by the Morrill Act went by "State Aggies" early in their history.  Oklahoma A&M was called the Oklahoma Aggies for some time.  Michigan State went by "Michigan Aggies." It was just a way to differentiate between the "U of State" and the "State A&M U,." The "U of State" had it's own mascot and the ag schools mostly went by "Aggies." So putting the state in front of "Aggies" was to differentiate which state aggies were playing.

Aggy is unique only in that they retained the A&M and Aggie moniker instead of switching to "State" like many others. What I find it ironic about this story is that they think it is a big deal which, in fact, it is one thing that is not at all special or unique to them, except for the fact that they kept the A&M and designated it as literally meaningless. 

The overall delusion, jizz jars, stolen valor corp, etc., is what makes them truly special as a bunch of aggy.

Image result for oklahoma aggies

Image result for michigan aggies

Edit: Found more. KSU formerly the Kansas Aggies. The state in front of "Aggies" to differentiate between Aggies.

Image result for "kansas aggies"

Related image

Appreciate the history.  I had no idea, since we never used the A&M moniker for Iowa State.  It was originally "Iowa State College", and we got the "Cyclone" moniker in the 1890's.  I don't think we ever went by "Aggies".

My first encounter with the "fightin' Texas Aggies" was when I went to College Station for our game with them in '09.  Because I was immediately being exposed to their UT psychoses, I always chalked it up to them trying to "take back" "Texas" from the Longhorns.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Appreciate the history.  I had no idea, since we never used the A&M moniker for Iowa State.  It was originally "Iowa State College", and we got the "Cyclone" moniker in the 1890's.  I don't think we ever went by "Aggies".

My first encounter with the "fightin' Texas Aggies" was when I went to College Station for our game with them in '09.  Because I was immediately being exposed to their UT psychoses, I always chalked it up to them trying to "take back" "Texas" from the Longhorns.

I think plenty of current aggy don't know their own history and think they do it because they are "the real flagship" in Texas, or some such nonsense. They are aggy as fuck.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Because I was immediately being exposed to their UT psychoses, I always chalked it up to them trying to "take back" "Texas" from the Longhorns.

I can assure you that's all it's about.

They make up all these weird stories they tell each other and they actually believe them.

I had an aggy friend tell me they're justified in calling us "t.u." because we really used to call ourselves that. We didn't, but it's a cute story for fucking idiots.

Edited by Tex Pete

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

God doesn’t like me enough to let me see Aggy get beat down by Ok State, but dammit, it would be glorious 

God has nothing to do with it. We disappoint purely on merit.

Seriously though, I feel good that we can win. I want this more than any non-NY6 bowl we've ever played.

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They make up all these weird stories they tell each other and they actually believe them.

I had an aggy friend tell me they're justified in calling us "t.u." because we really used to call ourselves that. We didn't, but it's a cute story for fucking idiots.

Texans in general are notoriously, overly, proud of our own state.  So ags are really, REALLY bothered that we call ourselves "Texas."  They believe it's presumptuous, that we appropriate the name of the state, for our university.  I once had an ag ask me, "Why do YOU get to call yourselves Texas?  There are a lot of other schools in the state!"

I tried to explain that The University of Michigan is simply called Michigan, The University of Florida is simply called Florida, The University of Wisconsin is simply called Wisconsin, and so on.  The flagship university for each state, is called by the state's name.

But that's their problem.  They see themselves as the flagship.  Or at least A flagship.  They can't acknowledge or even comprehend that the charter for their ag school is something entirely different than the charter for the flagship university of the state of Texas.

So although @'stacheis historically accurate in his recounting, that's not at all why current ags call themselves Texas aggies or why their various sports teams often completely omit the A&M from their insignia.  They want to be Texas.  They think they ARE Texas.

They are wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

So although @'stacheis historically accurate in his recounting, that's not at all why current ags call themselves Texas aggies or why their various sports teams often completely omit the A&M from their insignia.  They want to be Texas.  They think they ARE Texas.

That and everything that they believe makes their school great is completely manufactured bullshit.

And they all have tiny dicks.

3 hours ago, Hozz said:

15 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Texans in general are notoriously, overly, proud of our own state.  So ags are really, REALLY bothered that we call ourselves "Texas."  They believe it's presumptuous, that we appropriate the name of the state, for our university.  I once had an ag ask me, "Why do YOU get to call yourselves Texas?  There are a lot of other schools in the state!"

I tried to explain that The University of Michigan is simply called Michigan, The University of Florida is simply called Florida, The University of Wisconsin is simply called Wisconsin, and so on.  The flagship university for each state, is called by the state's name.

But that's their problem.  They see themselves as the flagship.  Or at least A flagship.  They can't acknowledge or even comprehend that the charter for their ag school is something entirely different than the charter for the flagship university of the state of Texas.

They are wrong.

I have no doubt that is how they view it today. Bunch of cultist idiots obsessed with history don't even know their own history. Small dick losers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I think Texas was commonly referred to as Texas University once upon a time. At least one Texan in my family who wrote of the university penned it that way back in the 1920's. Maybe you mean more recently.

47 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Even if you did, how is that insulting? The Big 8 teams all had a custom of doing it that way (OU, KU, CU, NU, MU). Some of the aggy-esque part of our fanbase says "u.o." for the sooners, and it makes me cringe. That's literally their name, they just chose to go the other way with it. Who fucking cares? There is so much to hate about that school and their trash fanbase, I give zero shits the order of their initials.

Edited by 'stache

5 hours ago, sdm said:

Oh sweet baby Jesus, please let the pokes stomp a mudhole in aggy's ass and walk it dry.

Amen

5 hours ago, BigSwingingD said:

Put it on the wall. It's already a win for aggy.

If they lose, they didn't want to be there.  SEC SEC SEC.  See, aggy is just like georgia!

If they win, dem figten texum aggys are so much better than any team in da BDF Big 12 (-2).

Go Pokes!

Hook'em 

So if the pokes stomp aggy, and the Land Thieves somehow beat LSU, that’s two major losses in just a few days for the Fightin Texum Aggy. Gonna be a lot of abused sheep/spouses around Collie Station if that happens.   

34 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That and everything that they believe makes their school great is completely manufactured bullshit.

And they all have tiny dicks.

22 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I have no doubt that is how they view it today. Bunch of cultist idiots obsessed with history don't even know their own history. Small dick losers.

Just so we are in the same page, usually tiny dicks are around 5 inches, and small dicks are around 6 inches, correct?