North Dakota county to vote on whether to stop accepting refugees

Parliament

9 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

My wife is from South Dakota.  Her brother lives in Minneapolis, and has a cabin on a small lake in Wisconsin.  Every year we make a family road trip up to Minneapolis and then on to the cabin for a week of relaxing, fishing, wake boarding, drinking, and all American summer fun. All the grown ups get along and the cousins do to.  It is really a good time.

Without fail, every year on this road trip my wife and I have this conversation where she brings up much nicer the little farms and ranches in Minn, Wisc., SD are  with their fur tree wind breaks, lush mowed pastures, and general well kept appearance are than the ones in Texas with our trailer homes, abandoned cars, scrub, and deteriorating fences.  I gotta say overall she is right about that.

However, when I make that drive every summer I see three times the number of Confederate flags that I do in Texas...and I see quite a few in Texas, especially at the beach. Every one I see up there I point out to the Mrs., just out of state pride.

As a side note: Kansas truck stops have the most MAGA gear. 

I’ve spent countless summers in the rural areas of Minnesota at cabins doing the same things you described. I’ve never seen a confederate flag. Ever. Are you drunk?

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Exactly.  A good justice finds the legal basis to make a decision that doesn’t have wider consequences. Start with the decision you want, then find the logic for it.

It’s damned near scientific...

Edited by Iceman