Cowboy Boots

Silky Johnston

7 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

From the videos I have watched they are comparable with the exception of the toe box maybe being a tad smaller.  I have yet to try them on.  Delivery has been delayed due to how busy UPS and Fedex have been in the last week or so.

They’re sold out now. I’ll be sitting on the emails for another deal. 

8 hours ago, Masshole Horn said:

For Tecovas, I wear 11D. They are hard to get on, but fit great once they're on.

My first pair of Cuero was 11D, go on easy, fit very tight in the instep.

Last pair of Cuero was 10.5EE, go on easy, fit great in the instep.

Interesting. I’ve never worn an E in my entire life. If by some miracle Cuero restocks the tan suede boots at $99, I’ll get a pair. Tecovas has a suede belt that should match. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got some Tecovas gift cards for my birthday back in early March, but still haven't used them yet b/c I've been wanting to go to the physical location down in Rice Village and try stuff on. I don't like buying expensive clothing/footwear sight unseen, especially with a brand I haven't owned before. Never sure how they will fit and what the color will actually look like compared to the pictures online. 

Have had my eyes set on the Bourbon-colored lizard boots and matching belt. Hopefully I will finally get a chance to join the club in May.

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

I got some Tecovas gift cards for my birthday back in early March, but still haven't used them yet b/c I've been wanting to go to the physical location down in Rice Village and try stuff on. I don't like buying expensive clothing/footwear sight unseen, especially with a brand I haven't owned before. Never sure how they will fit and what the color will actually look like compared to the pictures online. 

Have had my eyes set on the Bourbon-colored lizard boots and matching belt. Hopefully I will finally get a chance to join the club in May.

I think Tecovas runs about a half size small, but everybody is different. I agree I would definitely try on a pair first. Their sizing is very consistent.Once you know your size you can fire away online. 

I would go up a size on their belts. 

Order a couple sizes at once, use a credit card, and return the ones that don’t fit. Their customer service is great.

On 3/13/2020 at 12:46 PM, MillerEP said:

I saw the all boots for $99 email today and now I'm struggling. I don't really need a new pair of boots, but that's a heck of a deal.

I saw this in the thread and figured why the hell not take a shot. They came in today. There weren't many styles/sizes left so I ended up with the Eastwood espresso instead of the cherry as that's all they had in a 12. I was kind of hoping when I called in to ask about exchanging them they would tell me to go ahead but instead they said if they don't have them they will just issue a refund. 

Also pro-tip I learned. If you leave your items in the cart after entering your email address after 3 days they will send you a 20% off code to use for the items in your cart. So I ended  up with these for $79.95 Hell of a deal, regardless of the color. 

The Eastwood

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Are there any boots sales going on right now? You'd think retailers are getting desperate. 

not a lot of sizes left but https://www.cuero.com/collections/men/products/the-eastwood all their boots are $99 down from $250 

shit saw you already tried that.

Edited by Juicy

On 3/13/2020 at 12:46 PM, MillerEP said:

I saw the all boots for $99 email today and now I'm struggling. I don't really need a new pair of boots, but that's a heck of a deal.

I sent myself a meeting maker for March 1st next year to check out if they are doing the 2020 clearance. Ill buy a few pairs at $99 if they do it again. 

The Cuero ropers arrived today. Very similar packaging to Tecovas. Nice box, each boot in its own plastic bag, sharp looking embroidered black boot bag as well. Could smell the leather before I opened the box, which is always nice. The leather looked and felt great. The shaft was very supple (hey oh!) and felt nice to the touch. They went right on with no effort which tells me they are a little big. I have a wide foot so I went with the EE like I do for all my other boots. This suckers slipped right on with no effort. I will have to wear a thicker sock to avoid slippage as I do not want to take my chances with a D. For $99 these are an absolute killer value.

I own 6 or 7 other pair of boots from various companies and from first impressions, these won't be my last Cuero Boots especially if they are at this price point. I'll try and post pictures later.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2020 at 11:55 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

FYI, I called Tecovas and they won't be releasing a matching belt. Plan accordingly. 

Has anyone found a belt that goes well with the "gunsmoke" smooth ostrich Tecovas? I've been looking for a belt that even approaches the color and haven't gotten lucky yet. How about any of y'all? If so, where did you find them? 

11 minutes ago, RedDirtTexan said:

Has anyone found a belt that goes well with the "gunsmoke" smooth ostrich Tecovas? I've been looking for a belt that even approaches the color and haven't gotten lucky yet. How about any of y'all? If so, where did you find them? 

I may have missed it but I didn't see a "gunsmoke" color. If the "Jasper" is similar to what you are looking for these might help. If not then maybe you can still find it on the same companies website. Good Luck

https://doublejsaddlery.com/collections/hand-tooleds/products/b160-natural-feather-tooled-stitched-belt?variant=1693137010712

https://doublejsaddlery.com/collections/plains/products/b103-natural-stitched-leather-belt?variant=1693139140632

https://doublejsaddlery.com/collections/classics/products/b619-natural-basket-weave-tooled-belt?variant=12257002324056

https://doublejsaddlery.com/collections/hand-tooleds/products/b125-natural-leather-tooled-belt?variant=1693049683992

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alvin89 said:

Thanks. I think I'll still ask my belt guy if he can match the Tecovas Smooth Ostrich boots.

I said fuck it and bought another pair of Cuero's. The light grey suede "the Lucas". The others that I had were just so damn comfortable and I felt it was fate that they still had anything left in my size. I don't see myself wearing the suede too much but the wife likes them so they can be my fancy shoes, as long as they are comfortable. 

Again used the same trick. Left them in my cart for about 4 days and they sent me a 20% off coupon. $80 out the door. 

• Like 3

On 5/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Juicy said:

I said fuck it and bought another pair of Cuero's. The light grey suede "the Lucas". The others that I had were just so damn comfortable and I felt it was fate that they still had anything left in my size. I don't see myself wearing the suede too much but the wife likes them so they can be my fancy shoes, as long as they are comfortable. 

Again used the same trick. Left them in my cart for about 4 days and they sent me a 20% off coupon. $80 out the door. 

well fuck me. got an email today from cuero that my boot order will not be fulfilled. They said for the inconvenience they will let me take my $80 purchase and give me a $100 credit plus a 20% off coupon to use online on the 2020 boots. Looks like you can't even get to the checkout anymore. 

I may as well take that and hope that they do this same clearance promotion next year and I will get 2 for the price of 1 on the boots. Otherwise if they come out with any exotics this year I may snag a pair of ostrich. 

Will be interesting to see how well they hold up but damn if these aren't the most comfortable boots. 

• Like 1

Is it just me or does Tecovas just want to be the boot of hipster “Texans”? The company seems contrived to appeal to Austin types in a HopDoddy way. I tried some one twice and they were fine, but I didn’t like them any better than any of my 1883’s or Anderson Beans. I wanted to “support local”, but at those prices, whew (boots, belts, and shirts). Will try Cueros if they ever restock. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Is it just me or does Tecovas just want to be the boot of hipster “Texans”? The company seems contrived to appeal to Austin types in a HopDoddy way. I tried some one twice and they were fine, but I didn’t like them any better than any of my 1883’s or Anderson Beans. I wanted to “support local”, but at those prices, whew (boots, belts, and shirts). Will try Cueros if they ever restock. 

Check out Tecova's Facebook Group, they've already captured the hipster market share. Grown men are are arranging their boots and posting pics on social media for likes. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Check out Tecova's Facebook Group, they've already captured the hipster market share. Grown men are are arranging their boots and posting pics on social media for likes. 

Mother of God...."Hey Tecovas brothers."  Unreal