Tutoring

jimmyjazz

I thought this might be a catch-all thread for those who provide tutoring services and those who have kids who need tutoring.  In my case, my HS senior is fairly wrapped around the axle about an upcoming AP Chemistry final.  Any recs on a local chemistry tutor who might be able to help?  

I've been using Varsity Tutors for my son who finds Algebra II incomprehensible.  They use college students and it's done online through some kind of video chat platform on his computer.  When I help him, I find it hard to keep his attention for more than 15 minutes.  His female college student tutor seems to keep him engaged for 1 1/2 hour sessions with no problem.  He is waiting on his first post tutoring test grade, so i'll be able to judge if any of it is sinking in.  It certainly can't get any worse.

Those AP Chemistry guides are probably going to be useful at the end of the year, but as of now, I would expect half the material has not yet been taught.

Varsity Tutors was one site we found -- it appeared to be a minimum of 9 hours at ~ $530.  There isn't enough time to do 9 hours for this semester's final, which is why I'm looking to find someone local in Austin to provide a few hours.

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I've been using Varsity Tutors for my son who finds Algebra II incomprehensible.  They use college students and it's done online through some kind of video chat platform on his computer.  When I help him, I find it hard to keep his attention for more than 15 minutes.  His female college student tutor seems to keep him engaged for 1 1/2 hour sessions with no problem.  He is waiting on his first post tutoring test grade, so i'll be able to judge if any of it is sinking in.  It certainly can't get any worse.

Does she charge $20 every 3 minutes or so?