2020 Golden Globes Awards

Patrick Bateman

That opening monologue, holy shit. They showed Tim Cook’s face right before the sweat shop comment. I wonder what he looked like after the comment. By the looks of the audience, he was making a lot of people uncomfortable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XYZ said:

That opening monologue, holy shit. They showed Tim Cook’s face right before the sweat shop comment. I wonder what he looked like after the comment. By the looks of the audience, he was making a lot of people uncomfortable.

It hurts when a “Hollywood” type puts other Hollywood types in their place with no quarter.  

21 hours ago, XYZ said:

From here on out the word "triggered" can now be replaced with this photo...

47194516f51f70b740a39d101ed6bc10

On 1/5/2020 at 9:37 PM, troph said:

why did Jennifer Anniston almost tear up when reading Russell Crowe's speach for winning?

Because actors are better than humans. They have emotions that we can’t possibly comprehend.

i wish some presenter (or a winner that didn't attend) would have the balls to take out a piece of paper and say, "so, russell crowe couldn't be here tonight, he's home in australia helping to deal with the horrible fires, but he wanted to say thank you, and happy to be nominated, what an honor, blah blah, stuff like that, and also something political, if you want to get into climate change, reproductive rights, remembering to vote, something about trump, you know, whatever you feel comfortable with, dealer's choice, just read the room and go with it.  also thanks to my mom."

if it was aniston, she would have to say to the room, "i swear to god that's exactly what's on this card they gave me."

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Apparently the only person in room with a comedic sense of humor was Ray Romano.  He was laughing his ass off.

I'm thinking Ray may actually not be a pathetic hypocrite.

Most of those others?  Not so much.  You could cut the butthurt with a knife.

Talk about truth to power.

26 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I'm thinking Ray may actually not be a pathetic hypocrite.

Most of those others?  Not so much.  You could cut the butthurt with a knife.

Talk about truth to power.

Good observation.  However, that same room will be dictating a large part of the primary process in a few months.  /noCR

On 1/7/2020 at 2:47 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Apparently the only person in room with a comedic sense of humor was Ray Romano.  He was laughing his ass off.

Ha!

That's so funny you brought that up. I pointed that out to the wife (no pics) the other night when we were watching.  Everyone kind of looked uncomfortable, there's our man Ray, just laughing his ass off.  Loved it.

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Ha!

That's so funny you brought that up. I pointed that out to the wife (no pics) the other night when we were watching.  Everyone kind of looked uncomfortable, there's our man Ray, just laughing his ass off.  Loved it.

Could be because he's a comedian and comedians usually understand that it's just jokes and bits and it shouldn't be taken too seriously. 

i rewatched the tom hanks montage, and a few things stood out.  1. no joe vs the volcano.  that's a crime.  2. no charlie wilson's war.  i love that movie.  3. only a quick shot of road to perdition, which is awesome, and mendes won an award that night, so it's relevant too.

also i was thinking through his great roles, and how often he's played a character whose name is in the title.  the titular role, as it were.  does anyone have more?

turner and hooch

joe vs the volcano

forrest gump

charlie wilson's war

larry crowne (never seen it)

captain phillips

sully

who can beat 7?

sidenote - nothing in common is underrated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i rewatched the tom hanks montage, and a few things stood out.  1. no joe vs the volcano.  that's a crime.  2. no charlie wilson's war.  i love that movie.  3. only a quick shot of road to perdition, which is awesome, and mendes won an award that night, so it's relevant too.

also i was thinking through his great roles, and how often he's played a character whose name is in the title.  the titular role, as it were.  does anyone have more?

turner and hooch

joe vs the volcano

forrest gump

charlie wilson's war

captain phillips

sully

who can beat 7?

Elvis Has Left the Building

The David S. Pumpkins Halloween Special

A Man Called Ove (announced)

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

turner and hooch

joe vs the volcano

forrest gump

charlie wilson's war

captain phillips

sully

who can beat 7?

What an odd observation.... Denzel?

The Mighty Quinn

Malcolm X

The Hurricane

John Q

The Book of Eli

Roman J Esquire

MacBeth

He directed Antwone Fisher, but the role is played by Derek Luke.  MacBeth hasn't been released yet and The Hurricane was his nickname or trade name.  He was in a TV movie called The George McKenna Story named where he plays the title character.  I don't know who else but I'm thinking maybe Pacino?  He went through a biography phase with stuff like Paterno and Danny Collins and Phil Spector and Dr Kevorkian.

EDIT:  Fuck, forgot the obvious.... Stallone.  He wins by a mile if you consider sequels.

All the Rocky's.  All the Rambo's.  Tango and Cash.  Cobra.  Judge Dredd.  Get Carter.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

all these scathing jokes Over the years and never one about Scientology.   Always found that strange. 

From Gervais? He had one a few years ago when he hosted that went something like, "Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor...two heterosexual actors pretending to be gay [in I Love You Phillip Morris]. So basically the exact opposite of two famous Scientologists in town."

Plus, his overall stance on religions is pretty well-known.