The GOAT has officially been elected into the CFB Hall of Fame. Hook em Vince!

Goo Punch

if you're starting a CFB team and you have the no.1 pick, who else would you even consider? Orlando Pace? Lawrence Taylor? Herschel or Bo? VY is on the very, very short list for greatest CFB player ever, regardless of position, and when it comes to actually fielding a team whose goal is to win games, who else comes close to Vince?

38 minutes ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

Mack really needs to say, “thank you Vince for getting me in”

same for Greg Davis and his Frank Broyles Award. "Well I was the guy who eventually decided that Vince Young should start over Chance Mock, so naturally that makes me the best assistant coach in football." 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

if you're starting a CFB team and you have the no.1 pick, who else would you even consider? Orlando Pace? Lawrence Taylor? Herschel or Bo? VY is on the very, very short list for greatest CFB player ever, regardless of position, and when it comes to actually fielding a team whose goal is to win games, who else comes close to Vince?

You'd probably consider dozens of QBs before you even got to your first non QB.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

You'd probably consider dozens of QBs before you even got to your first non QB.

no doubt there's no shortage of great QBs, but I think you could make a decent case for guys like Pace and Taylor (other players who affect the QB position) to be taken ahead of all but the very top tier of college QBs. 

The amazing thing to me about the whole VY/Mack/GDGD thing was how clearly you can pinpoint when it happened.  Halfway through his sophomore year VY had the ‘great runner, can’t pass’ tag and we were coming off two straight games where we got shut out (OU) and VY got benched (Mizzou).

We went to Lubbock that year with our tail between our legs and rudderless.  We scored 51 points that night, won 21 straight games and didn’t take shit from any motherfuckers at all.  That was all because of one man (with a  lot of help from some other bad mofos, to be sure)....

• Like 3

The amazing thing to me about the whole VY/Mack/GDGD thing was how clearly you can pinpoint when it happened.  Halfway through his sophomore year VY had the ‘great runner, can’t pass’ tag and we were coming off two straight games where we got shut out (OU) and VY got benched (Mizzou).
We went to Lubbock that year with our tail between our legs and rudderless.  We scored 51 points that night, won 21 straight games and didn’t take shit from any motherfuckers at all.  That was all because of one man (with a  lot of help from some other bad mofos, to be sure)....

I still want to know what, specifically, Savis and Mack were doing to hose him up on the field.

also, i added his post to my own IG story, which VY then shared to his IG story, replete with "Jeff Fisher" message emblazoned across the middle of the page. Awesome.

1533d8cca13bb7b627774ee8de2a1c04.jpg

oh, and then he posted this pic which gave me serious flashbacks to that magical class of '02:

a0a5f7e50bfd78f1c70cdf1b66931583.jpg

VY is just the damn greatest, that's all there is to it.