Las Vegas animal rescue hopes to safely remove tiny cowboy hats from pigeon heads

clapclapclap

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/las-vegas-animal-rescue-hopes-to-safely-remove-tiny-cowboy/article_9452fa24-1a8a-11ea-aad3-b767d7f42414.html

(Video report at the link features Cluck Norris and Edgar the diaper wearing pigeon on a leash.)

852e2abb-Pigeons.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Christopher Wurda Redfearn-Groes

Updated Dec 9, 2019 | Posted on Dec 9, 2019

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- A video of pigeons wearing small red cowboy hats is going viral in the Las Vegas Valley. The man who shot the video said it was taken near Tropicana Avenue and Maryland Parkway.

"At first, I was like, oh my god that's cute!” Mariah Hillman said. "Then, I was like, wait a minute – how did they get those hats on there?"

Hillman runs an animal rescue called Lofty Hopes. Their slogan is, “a pigeon positive movement.” The organization has nursed dozens of injured pigeons back to health in the Las Vegas valley.

Hillman said they’re concerned about how the hats could negatively impact the pigeons.

"Did they glue them? And what does that mean for them?” Hillman said. "Is it something that's going to impede their flight or attract predators?"

The group is working to track down the pigeons and remove the hats.

“We drove up and down here yesterday for a good two hours just handing out business cards to any location where I saw pigeons and people," Hillman said. "If you see these birds, just feed them until I get here. I'm only 3 miles away and I'll come trap them."

Edited by clapclapclap

“Or is it going to attract predators”?   Listen here you wanna be animal rights activist asshole.....first off their urban populations are unnatural and need to be thinned due to over feeding.  Second, if you’re a predator and choices are a pigeon with a Stetson and a pigeon with a regular head that looks just like the hundreds you’ve mauled to death thus far, you’re gonna leave John Wayne bird alone and kill the other guy.  

that said, I cannot wait to see how this story unfolds.  

32 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Those are some 'healthy' ass pigeons.  When's the last time Vic went to Vegas?  

Vic Vegas?  Wasn't that the name of the guy in Pulp Fiction?  But he only  wanted to bang  chicks that were heroin chic.

Well one of 'em had a thing for pigeon chicks...little stick legs, big rotund bodies, and tiny heads (with little hats on 'em, apparently).  Not judging.  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Christopher Wurda Redfearn-Groes

Hillman runs an animal rescue called Lofty Hopes. Their slogan is, “a pigeon positive movement.” The organization has nursed dozens of injured pigeons back to health in the Las Vegas valley.

O.k.  So, two things:

1. Wurda Redfearn-Groes?  Where's Durkee and the Bullshit detector?  This story stinks from the word go.

2. Since 'movement' is another term for what I did on South Austin's mom's chest last night, I'm gonna say that describing Lofty Hopes as a giant crock of shit is about the most accurate thing in this article.

Edited by Buffsoldier
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Buffsoldier said:

O.k.  So, two things:

1. Wurda Redfearn-Groes?  Where's Durkee and the Bullshit detector?  This story stinks from the word go.

2. Since 'movement' is another term for what I did on South Austin's mom's chest last night, I'm gonna say that describing Lofty Hopes as a giant crock of shit is about the most accurate thing in this article.

#1 is a great observation.

• 2 months later...

'MAGA' hat-wearing pigeons released in downtown Las Vegas, group says

5e4cd9f2a3a37.image.jpg?resize=750,500

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- An anonymous group calling itself "P.U.T.I.N." said they released pigeons wearing MAGA hats into downtown Las Vegas. 

According to an email from the group's apparent leader "Coo Hand Luke," PUTIN -- which stands for Pigeons United To Interfere Now -- released the birds purposely on the eve of the Democratic debate set for Las Vegas on Wednesday.

The group included video of the pigeons' release in their media alert.

One of the pigeons was attached with a small orange hairpiece. The rest wear "MAGA" (Make America Great Again) hats, synonymous with supporters of President Donald Trump.

The group said they were inspired by "the 1970’s Cold War Operation, 'Tacana,' in which the CIA explored the use of pigeons equipped with tiny cameras to spy on Soviet sites of interest."

The group called the pigeon release an "aerial protest."

In December, an unknown person(s) attached small cowboy hats to several pigeons found in the Las Vegas Valley. Lofty Hopes pigeon rescue recovered two of them and removed their hats. One of the pigeons later died. 

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police nor a local pigeon rescue were available for comment on Tuesday night. 

ERHU-RwUUAE8XIz?format=jpg&name=360x360