What are you getting your wife/gf for Christmas?

What are you getting your wife/girlfriend (or Boyfriend) for Christmas?

Perfume, an Orvis jacket, a buncha shit from Kendra Scott (she's an addict. . .) already wrapped and under the tree.  Not to mention all the plane tickets, hotels, fine restaurants we go to year round that I cover. . .

What y'all got?

It is the Surly way. My anniversary is right before Christmas so the expensive "surprise" gift is saved for that and it is usually jewelry or a purse. This year its opal earrings and matching necklace since I was in Sydney for a few days last month.

My wife does not get me any gifts for Christmas. We share finances and the only credit cards she uses are the ones she is the authorized user on (her choice, not mine). That makes it difficult to make any purchases that the other would not know about. We shop deals so when we see something we want that is discounted we just get it then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Purses, cause women can never have enough. 

Tiffany jewelry, cause women can never have enough shiny shit and even better if it comes from a Tiffany Blue box.

If I gave my wife a LV, coach, burberry or whatever the name brand purses are nowadays, I'd get a look and a reply of "Where's the receipt?"  She'd take it back.  She hates that shit.  Women who carry those things around are literally asking to be mugged and she knows that.

I still don't know what I'm getting my wife.  I hate Christmas shopping.

5 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Should have just got a recumbent bike and an iPad and saved 1500

Plus a monthly fee of $39.

Get her that weird mirror exercise thing.  Or that other weird sideways TV thing that has TRX bands attached to it.

https://nymag.com/strategist/article/smart-home-gym-equipment-mirror-tonal-peloton-review.html

I stopped buying stuff because she has all the stuff and I can't find more stuff to buy.

Trips she doesn't like the element of surprise (though she'll get me airfare as gifts)

So got her tix to Hans Zimmer, and Camila Cabello concerts, and some gift cert to movie theater cuz she likes going out to the movies

5 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

It is the Surly way. My anniversary is right before Christmas so the expensive "surprise" gift is saved for that and it is usually jewelry or a purse. This year its opal earrings and matching necklace since I was in Sydney for a few days last month.

My wife does not get me any gifts for Christmas. We share finances and the only credit cards she uses are the ones she is the authorized user on (her choice, not mine). That makes it difficult to make any purchases that the other would not know about. We shop deals so when we see something we want that is discounted we just get it then.

I have been known to cash the occasional check, instead of depositing it, so I always have money to splurge on the GF without her knowing before she receives the gift. 

It annoys the fuck out of me that I have to pay 10 bucks or so to cash a valid check, but that's for another thread.

I just told her to add some shit to her amazon wish list. I order a few things here and there, have them sent to her house and be done with it. She does the same for me. Then sometime shortly after Christmas I order whatever I wanted that she didn’t buy me and I’m sure she’ll do the same. Viola... it’s a Christmas miracle. 

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I have been known to cash the occasional check, instead of depositing it, so I always have money to splurge on the GF without her knowing before she receives the gift. 

It annoys the fuck out of me that I have to pay 10 bucks or so to cash a valid check, but that's for another thread.

go to the scrip club, take the heat for blowing $500 when you only really blew $400, profit.