What are you getting your wife/gf for Christmas?

17 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Plus a monthly fee of $39.

Get her that weird mirror exercise thing.  Or that other weird sideways TV thing that has TRX bands attached to it.

https://nymag.com/strategist/article/smart-home-gym-equipment-mirror-tonal-peloton-review.html

So something like this?

spacer.png

13 hours ago, William_Cannon said:

The key is to pay attention and to be thoughtful.

My wife doesn’t dig consumeristic Christmas so I try to get something unique. This year she is getting a prayer book from 1926. She loves books, her faith, and she has a fondness for history and antiquity. This gift will be a home run grand slam.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, William_Cannon said:

The key is to pay attention and to be thoughtful.

My wife doesn’t dig consumeristic Christmas so I try to get something unique. This year she is getting a prayer book from 1926. She loves books, her faith, and she has a fondness for history and antiquity. This gift will be a home run grand slam.

She still wants diamonds.  

We’ve been married 25 years and that shit stopped at least 10 years ago. Between presents for our own 3 kids, our parents, and something for every niece and nephew, it is a goddamn beating. We both agree on this, albeit it did take a bit longer for her to come around. Now we just spend a shitload on booze and drink ourselves through the holiday needless spending on bullshit. I fucking hate Christmas.

9 hours ago, chesthair said:

I fucking nailed it (sonic ice maker)...until amazon delivered it in the box even though i marked "gift"....so, i guess she wont believe in santa any more.

spacer.png

We bought one when they did their first run a couple of years ago. It worked fine for a while but then it started leaking water everywhere and found it’s way to the dumpster. Plus you have to be obsessive about cleaning it since it’s a closed system which my wife was not.

We bought a house and started renovations recently after just now finishing up renovations on a beach house, so she sure better not be counting on anything this year. We have the no presents rule also, but I still have always bought her something in the past.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 10:11 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:
On 12/12/2019 at 8:56 PM, Errestaurants said:
Wife asked for the BBC. Why the fuck would she want a news channel? I'm assuming they have an ap?

Want me to get you big Jim Slades #?

Are you talking about the former Kansas City Chiefs Tight End?  I think he went to UN-Lincoln, no?  

We don't exchange gifts because we're adults with children and self-esteem.  

I’ll be damned if I’m buying gifts for a long list of friends and family but not putting any time, effort, or money into getting my favorite person (wife) a gift. Sounds like a boring relationship to just throw in the towel on each other each year.

Not sure what it matters but we’re adults with self esteem and no children.

5 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I’ll be damned if I’m buying gifts for a long list of friends and family but not putting any time, effort, or money into getting my favorite person (wife) a gift. Sounds like a boring relationship to just throw in the towel on each other each year.

Not sure what it matters but we’re adults with self esteem and no children.

Not buying gifts means ‘boring relationship’ to you.  I’m sorry to hear that.  

we just had a baby 8 months ago and this is her first Christmas so focus is on her and her older sister.  And my wife just unpacked and hand washed all the sexy lingerie from our honeymoon.  And she still fits in all of it because she’s 5’9”, 125#, and a healthy c cup.  So our Christmas present is we just got the “pregnancy fix” from the doctor so we can fuck like crazy now that the little one is doing okay and sleeping through the night.  But hey, I’m glad you got some rewards points at Kohl’s.  

I'd like to think I can pull off some of the high-waisted stuff with my sublime buttocks.  I'm 6'1" but I only have 32-33" inseam so legs aren't my strong suit.  

I make up for it with my willingness for assplay.  But hey, he called my marriage boring so I tried to redeem.  

• 1 year later...

I'm not big on getting gifts, but I do love shopping, and my girlfriends often ask me to pass along their wish list items to their husbands, so I thought one of you guys might want to take a look at what 30-40ish basic bitches are asking for this Christmas.

For the hi-tech hottie 

• the new iphone
  • stainless steel apple watch band (bracelet or mesh)
  • a legit power bank
  • a mechanical keyboard
  • Samsung frame tv
  • a hotspot from a different carrier than the one she has service with

For the outdoorsy gal

For the workout warrior

• Theragun or knockoff
  • these super soft and flattering vuori joggers for lounging
  • nice socks like Feetures for a stocking stuffer or my favorite ski socks
  • apple watch 6 has all the fancy health metrics (oxygenation, sleep, etc)
  • apple+ subscription (or something similar)

For the sexy librarian

• a new novel (Here i'm not much help as I have become extremely picky, really disliking the last several authors my friends have raved about like Kristin Hannah, Celeste Ng, Laura Dave, etc. The last book I remember recommending was The Midnight Library by Matt Haig, and it was more that the premise was innovative and interesting and less that I was like, 'Wow this is a really great book.' I reread some classics with my kids in high school last year like Adventures of Huck Finn, Little Women, and Native Son and it made me regret every other book I've read lately. George Saunders's Tenth of December is several years old, but I really enjoyed that collection of short stories. 
  • a first edition of a beloved book
  • a subscription to a magazine like NYT, the Atlantic, or Texas Monthly 
  • a membership to the Story Bound Society, a book subscription curated by my favorite book shop, Fabled in Waco. (I would be the guardian profile.)  

For the foodie

For the fashionista

• a gift card to House of Colour to find out what her best colors are (this is a lot of fun and actually a great investment and can save money by teaching her what looks best, not an MLM a real franchise)
  • a Dyson hair dryer
  • Ugg slippers
  • an everyday pendant to wear (inexpensive, moderate, expensive, wow) Note: if you're gonna spend >$100 i would invite your special lady friend to shop with you. No one will be disappointed to hear "let's go find something sparkly."

For anyone

• Hook 'Em 1