Tim Beck to Lamar????

Nueces River Rat

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Football Scoop specifically said our Tim Beck, not the former Pittsburg State coach. Not to mention the Pittsburg State guy just resigned after 33 years at the same school.

Would Pitt State be interested in continuing the Tim Beck legacy...?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NowThis said:

ok big picture...did CDC heavily pressure Tom to dump his buddies? The ax fell very hard and fast on the guys and that doesn't feel like a Tom propelled situation.

With no actual knowledge, that's the way I'm leaning. Seems to me coaches HATE to fire their buddies. It's got to be a huge ego bruise and I can't imagine many who think themselves to be winners who would dump so many so quickly without some heavy outside assistance.

25 minutes ago, NowThis said:

ok big picture...did CDC heavily pressure Tom to dump his buddies? The ax fell very hard and fast on the guys and that doesn't feel like a Tom propelled situation.

I was surprised it occurred as fast as it did.   I mean during a holiday weekend too.  

If I were CDC, I would have told Tom this.  Look, next year is the year.  Either you right this shit and you will be on the path to long term employment at this university.   Or did you just see how Charlie Strong's gig at USF ended?    Well, that will be you because you will bomb at the next school  which won't be a P5 and then be relegated to coordinators job for the rest of your career or even something lower on the coaching tree.     One thing some Mensa's do value is their legacy to some extent.    Some, not all....

Some guys are great coordinators and poor head coaches, then there guys like Beck who might actually be a better head coach than he is a coordinator.  Beck for all his shortcomings is a very likable guy and a good recruiter and his qbs like him a lot.  I think Lamar fucked this one up

19 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Some guys are great coordinators and poor head coaches, then there guys like Beck who might actually be a better head coach than he is a coordinator.  Beck for all his shortcomings is a very likable guy and a good recruiter and his qbs like him a lot.  I think Lamar fucked this one up

This hire is like a legal and vetted suicide bomber.