Robot Vaccuumm

huge

necroing this thread, but looking for feedback on people who have either the Roomba i3+ or the Roborock S4 Max or S5 Max?

basically upgrading our couple of years old robot vac for one that will do a better job. looking to spend in that sweet spot of $300-$500

I went and bought a cheap one before Christmas to try it out before getting an expensive one.  Ended up with the Kyvol E20 for $149 plus tax on amazon.

Cleans really well - don't like that it seems to get stuck on pretty much anything that I forget to pick up. Could be a kids sock, little toy or even laces from a shoe. I set it to run in the middle of the night so ill either hear it get stuck or hear it beep which is annoying.

I have noticed quite the difference on our engineered floors though.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a Neato about 5 years old for vacuuming and an iRobot Braava about the same age for mopping.  The sensor cube for the Braava is busted.  I think somehow water got into the battery compartment, batteries all corroded, I cleaned it up as best as I could but still no go.

Replacement cube is $40 or so.  Trying to decide whether to do that or get a whole new unit.  As a mop, the Braava was fine, but something funky about charging and if it gets knocked off its charger when it's fully charged, it won't stop beeping and just needs to be taken off the charger.

The Neato also has some issues, gets stuck a lot, but still vacuums as good as it ever did.

Anyone have a combo mop/vacuum unit they would recommend?  Or just a good mop unit? 

2 hours ago, shakahorn said:

Have a Neato about 5 years old for vacuuming and an iRobot Braava about the same age for mopping.  The sensor cube for the Braava is busted.  I think somehow water got into the battery compartment, batteries all corroded, I cleaned it up as best as I could but still no go.

Replacement cube is $40 or so.  Trying to decide whether to do that or get a whole new unit.  As a mop, the Braava was fine, but something funky about charging and if it gets knocked off its charger when it's fully charged, it won't stop beeping and just needs to be taken off the charger.

The Neato also has some issues, gets stuck a lot, but still vacuums as good as it ever did.

Anyone have a combo mop/vacuum unit they would recommend?  Or just a good mop unit? 

We have a Coredy 500+.  Cheap as hell.  Mop attachment is $40.  We have pets, so cleaning it out regularly (apart from emptying the container) is necessary.  First one shat the bed after about 4 months.  Company sent us a brand new one, which is kicking along fine.  For $140 plus the mom attachment, I can't complain. 

Edited by dcbc

18 hours ago, shakahorn said:

My Braava died a premature death as well. Must have had the same built-in self-destruct function you had.

Ever since the pandemic, I've been the house cleaner. I don't mind everything else, but hate mopping the floors. Would also like a mop robot that I can run when the kids aren't around.

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

My Braava died a premature death as well. Must have had the same built-in self-destruct function you had.

Ever since the pandemic, I've been the house cleaner. I don't mind everything else, but hate mopping the floors. Would also like a mop robot that I can run when the kids aren't around.

My cheap one died as well. IRobot has come out with a new one that features the same mapping system as its top line Roombas AND apparently will coordinate with them.

https://www.irobot.com/braava/m-series

I'm hesitant to purchase since the first one died so soon and wasn't that great to begin with. But, I've loved the i7 + dock I got, so I'm a bit torn.