2019 Home Depot College Football Awards Show

satyanash

9 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

I gave up completely after I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick. He always sucked, knew he would suck in the NFL, and it was complete fucking bullshit that he got the Thorpe with jack shit for stats.

I really don’t even understand what drives the obviously bad decisions for the winners. 

Well I hate to break it to you but you were wrong then, at least so far.  I completely agree with you that it was a joke that he won the Thorpe that year when Deshon Elliot was better in almost every statistical category.  Buttt Pittsburgh's defense completely turned around when they traded for Fitzpatrick.  After a quick Google search....through his 1st 10 games with the Steelers, Minkah Fitzpatrick had "five picks, he's recovered two fumbles, forced a fumble, knocked down nine passes, and scored two touchdowns (a pick-six and a fumble recovery score)". He has 5th best odds for AFC defensive player of the year right now.

Deshon should have won it though.  

I don't even know why I fucking care anymore. The only stats Taylor had on Chuba was .1 in YPC, and a some receiving TDs. And Taylor had an extra game. If the award requires that your team be a CCG participant, put it in the fucking criteria.

And I complained about it already, but Chuba's best game was 296 against KSU, which nobody saw because it was on ESPN+, which I understand was glitchy anyway. Fucking Big 12 money grab, FUCK YOU!!

Rushing Yards Per Game
1. Chuba Hubbard 161.3
2. Jonathan Taylor 146.8
3. J.K. Dobbins 138.1

Rushing Touchdowns
1. Chuba Hubbard 21
2. Jonathan Taylor 20
3. J.K. Dobbins 19

Rushing Yards after Contact (via Pro Football Focus)
1. Chuba Hubbard 1,191
2. Jonathan Taylor 1,076
3. J.K. Dobbins 959

All-Purpose Yards
1. Chuba Hubbard 2,161
2. Jonathan Taylor 1,962
3. J.K. Dobbins 1,857

All-Purpose Yards Per Game
1. Chuba Hubbard 180.1
2. Jonathan Taylor 163.5
3. J.K. Dobbins 154.8

Edited by 'stache

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

How did you find that stat? I can't find it, but I'm curious to see where Etienne is. I seem to remember him feasting after contact. 

I got this from cowboysrideforfree.com, it says the stat is from pro football focus. I visited the site but can't find an easy way to find individual college stats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I don't even know why I fucking care anymore. The only stats Taylor had on Chuba was .1 in YPC, and a some receiving TDs. And Taylor had an extra game. If the award requires that your team be a CCG participant, put it in the fucking criteria.

And I complained about it already, but Chuba's best game was 296 against KSU, which nobody saw because it was on ESPN+, which I understand was glitchy anyway. Fucking Big 12 money grab, FUCK YOU!!

Rushing Yards Per Game
1. Chuba Hubbard 161.3
2. Jonathan Taylor 146.8
3. J.K. Dobbins 138.1

Rushing Touchdowns
1. Chuba Hubbard 21
2. Jonathan Taylor 20
3. J.K. Dobbins 19

Rushing Yards after Contact (via Pro Football Focus)
1. Chuba Hubbard 1,191
2. Jonathan Taylor 1,076
3. J.K. Dobbins 959

All-Purpose Yards
1. Chuba Hubbard 2,161
2. Jonathan Taylor 1,962
3. J.K. Dobbins 1,857

All-Purpose Yards Per Game
1. Chuba Hubbard 180.1
2. Jonathan Taylor 163.5
3. J.K. Dobbins 154.8

If you consider the national perception of Big 12 defenses (which is viewed as a spread passing conference), compared to the perception of the defenses Taylor faced (plus the BS that previous seasons affect bias) is this that much of a surprise?

Edited by TeddyBearStallion

3 minutes ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

If you consider the national perception of Big 12 defenses (which is viewed as a spread passing conference), compared to the perception of the defenses Taylor faced (plus the BS that previous seasons affect bias) is this that much of a surprise?

Yes, I was still genuinely surprised. That's on me, I guess.

31 minutes ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

They really should correct for how good an O-line you have with these awards.

Taylor had a much better O-line to run behind than Hubbard. Derrick Henry had a much better O-line than Christian McCaffrey. Mark Ingram had a much better O-line than Toby Gerhart. Sam Bradford had a much better O-line than Colt McCoy. And so on, and so forth.

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

They really should correct for how good an O-line you have with these awards.

Taylor had a much better O-line to run behind than Hubbard. Derrick Henry had a much better O-line than Christian McCaffrey. Mark Ingram had a much better O-line than Toby Gerhart. Sam Bradford had a much better O-line than Colt McCoy. And so on, and so forth.

Agreed

16 hours ago, satyanash said:

Chris Fowler just said LSU, Florida, Oklahoma, Ohio State are the only schools that can claim DBU... 😡 Bullshit.

also Okudah got robbed

of course Delpit won, they were afraid his dad would start whippin' ass and draw down on errybody if he didn't

spacer.png

https://www.chron.com/houston/article/Reports-ATF-agent-arrested-after-allegedly-6540348.php