Best shootouts in movie history

Parliament

9 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Recent one's

Couldn't find clips of Slow West's final shootout or probably my favorite recent shootout -- the Indian attack scene in Buster Scrugg's Gal Who Got Rattled:

gall+who+got+rattled.JPG

Slow west was good, and I hope the director gets to make more westerns, but it was pretty obviously made on a shoestring budget. I'm pretty sure I saw one of the characters wearing redwings or some other modern work boots in it. I hope he gets a chance to make something with a decent production value and a bit better historical accuracy.

And, yeah, the Wind River shootout was good. I'd forgotten about that one. 

I like Open Range a lot, but a couple aspects of the shootout at the end have always bugged me.  At one point, Costner fans his pistol.  Nobody ever did that in frontier gunfights.  And he loosed off well over 6 shots during the course of fanning.  I mean, he literally shoots about a dozen rounds out of the same gun in that scene.  

Best shootout scenes off the top of my head for me are Heat (yeah, OP, I know you said not to list any Mann films, but it's such a great one), Sicario, and Wind River.  I was working in downtown LA the day they filmed the Heat shootout, and I'll never forget hearing the barrage of gunfire.

I like how Unforgiven depicted a lot of misses (many frontier shootouts involved shitty marksmanship) and that the shootout occurred at very close range, which was the norm. 

SPR was a sea change in terms of depiction of combat in war movies.  The realism in comparison to what had come before it was just remarkable.  

I'll probably think of more later, but the movie with the highest body count from guns (and slicing-and-dicing, too) that didn't involve WMD's is the Milla Jovovich movie, "Ultraviolet."

Almost the whole movie is Milla slaughtering hundreds......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYJrOM-Iyio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OT1gcO2urM