What a great three years for Russia!

horn4life

It's honestly hard to figure out a way that things could have gone better for Putin.

- US President stands next to him and states he does not believe US intelligence agencies over Vlad

- Ukraine support weakened dramatically due to the President's forays into Biden research.  Unless you think this shit is somehow good for Ukraine

- US President allows slaughter of US' greatest "war fighter" allies by Putin's new Turkish ally. 

- NATO member and probably the largest ISIS enabler Erdogan, deploys Russian missile defense system AFTER being gifted the slaughter of the Kurds.

- Putin now has permanent foothold in Middle East in Syria with US abandonment in region (save guarding some non-producing wells). A decades long goal for Putin.

- No a single ill word spoken publicly by the US President regarding Russian actions since the inauguration

- No response at all from President on Russian interference in 2016, and virtually no effort from the President to thwart Russian interference in 2020 election. 

- US Congress just passes impeachment charges and US as divided ever politically.  The rule of Law is America's greatest strength, and the obvious erosion of the respect for the rule of law to the point where it is not part of a universal set of principles by those who take an oath to the constitution.

it's been a very, very good year for Putin.  I guess there is one positive, that it's obvious that the Trump campaign believes in the power of Facebook ads, they are spending a fortune right now with impeachment in the wind.  Yet Facebook ads we scoffed at as so insignificant that they could never, ever influence an election when Russia's Facebook ads specifically designed to aid Trump were harmless.  Laughable in Jared Kushner's assessment.

Honestly I don't know how the last three years could have gone better at all for Putin?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, horn4life said:

It's honestly hard to figure out a way that things could have gone better for Putin.

- US President stands next to him and states he does not believe US intelligence agencies over Vlad

- Ukraine support weakened dramatically due to the President's forays into Biden research.  Unless you think this shit is somehow good for Ukraine

- US President allows slaughter of US' greatest "war fighter" allies by Putin's new Turkish ally. 

- NATO member and probably the largest ISIS enabler Erdogan, deploys Russian missile defense system AFTER being gifted the slaughter of the Kurds.

- Putin now has permanent foothold in Middle East in Syria with US abandonment in region (save guarding some non-producing wells). A decades long goal for Putin.

- No a single ill word spoken publicly by the US President regarding Russian actions since the inauguration

- No response at all from President on Russian interference in 2016, and virtually no effort from the President to thwart Russian interference in 2020 election. 

- US Congress just passes impeachment charges and US as divided ever politically.  The rule of Law is America's greatest strength, and the obvious erosion of the respect for the rule of law to the point where it is not part of a universal set of principles by those who take an oath to the constitution.

it's been a very, very good year for Putin.  I guess there is one positive, that it's obvious that the Trump campaign believes in the power of Facebook ads, they are spending a fortune right now with impeachment in the wind.  Yet Facebook ads we scoffed at as so insignificant that they could never, ever influence an election when Russia's Facebook ads specifically designed to aid Trump were harmless.  Laughable in Jared Kushner's assessment.

Honestly I don't know how the last three years could have gone better at all for Putin?

Money well spent.

I care not one shit about Putin having "a permanent foothold in Middle East in Syria with US abandonment in region (save guarding some non-producing wells). A decades long goal for Putin."  He can have the quagmire.   We've now spent more than six trillion dollars on the Iraqi invasion and its repercussions and things are no better. They never will be. 

Meanwhile, Russia's population is in decline (losing about 750,000 per year) and its GDP is smaller than that of Texas and less than 1/13th that of the U.S.   Average wages in Russia are 1/4 that of Great Britain, and faltering. GDP per capita was less last year than it was in 2008 and is 30% less than it was in 2013. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I care not one shit about Putin having "a permanent foothold in Middle East in Syria with US abandonment in region (save guarding some non-producing wells). A decades long goal for Putin."  He can have the quagmire.   We've now spent more than six trillion dollars on the Iraqi invasion and its repercussions and things are no better. They never will be. 

Meanwhile, Russia's population is in decline (losing about 750,000 per year) and its GDP is smaller than that of Texas and less than 1/13th that of the U.S.   Average wages in Russia are 1/4 that of Great Britain, and faltering. GDP per capita was less last year than it was in 2008 and is 30% less than it was in 2013. 

I agree, it's mind boggling how our President has deferred to Putin's strong words so very often. This is a country that we should be putting our boots on the neck of in both words and deeds. yet we have allowed it's influence to expand. Our President's continued deference to Putin is puzzling. Why defer to a  less power, and failing dictator in a country on the decline? Yet that's the case, every face to face encounter they have.  I's day that's good for Putin and Russia getting that sort of visual "bully pulpit" elevation.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

i go the opposite way.  i've come to the conclusion that one of the great mistakes we've made is thinking the cold war is over and we won.

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i go the opposite way.  i've come to the conclusion that one of the great mistakes we've made is thinking the cold war is over and we won.

this is such a great point. eastern europe may have won, as well as germany, but we did not. nor did russia lose. they just sort of shifted the surface shit, like china did, and continued on as usual, while we figured all they wanted was levi jeans and would be happy.

China is the quiet winner here. Putin merely solidified his control over Russia and their special interests in the Middle East, which allows them to continue to put pressure on our EU allies. NATO partnerships are eroding. The buffers we built around the world have shrunk. Our leader only cares about himself. 

But Obama was black and wore a tan suit, so fuck America. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

China is the quiet winner here. Putin merely solidified his control over Russia and their special interests in the Middle East, which allows them to continue to put pressure on our EU allies. NATO partnerships are eroding. The buffers we built around the world have shrunk. Our leader only cares about himself. 

But Obama was black and wore a tan suit, so fuck America. 

china is winning in africa and latin america

15 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Also. Brexit.

Yeah. I don't know shit about UK politics but, given Scotland's clear preference for remaining in the EU and the new nationalist majority in Northern Ireland, it seems like the breakup of the UK is a legitimate possibility. Russia would love to see that.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Yeah. I don't know shit about UK politics but, given Scotland's clear preference for remaining in the EU and the new nationalist majority in Northern Ireland, it seems like the breakup of the UK is a legitimate possibility. Russia would love to see that.

The Brexit social media military campaign was Russia's beta-test ahead of the US election campaign. 

I agree with most of the above China especially has gained more influence via investment, and largely because we seeded US leverage with our pulling out of trans -pacific partnership. But why the deference to Putin?  For a small country with limited economic prospects they have gotten an amazing amount of new advances to the plus side from the US.  And why always the secrecy and lack of information on the direct talks of Trump and Putin?  I bet if we had Trump's tax returns the sweet and loving handling of Putin by Trump would liely be clearer.

But a great fucking 3 years for Putin so far.  He will do everything possible in election meddling to see if he can extend the streak another 4 years!

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

What a fucking fantastic 4 years for Russia with comrade Trump at the helm.  Even after Russia penetrates our National Security network, even after Russia put BOUNTIES ON OUR SOLDIERS, interfered in our elections, and on and on, Trump simply cannot bring himself to utter an unkind word to Putin.  I wonder if the Biden administration will allow the investigation as to whether or not Trump is a Russian agent to go forward? Since it was halted once he was elected President.

I can't decide whether Trump is a money launderer for Russia, there actually is a pee tape, or Trump owes all his wealth to Putin's guarantees of his loans? Could be all three with the man's morals.

Still so hard to believe that a US President will spend 4 years in office and never say an unkind word about Russia, not a single solitary one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As I look back at yesterday's Trump led insurrection, I thought again what a fantastic investment it was for Russia to support Trump.  Still not a single tough or derogatory work against Putin.  The credibility and reliability of the United States has been permanently Damaged by the President of Donald J. Trump.

The election of Donald Trump was the single biggest espionage success the Russians have ever had.  Honestly it could not have gone better for the Russians and Putin.  PLUS Putin knows how dirty Trump is and knows he is going to be looking for safety and shelter before long.  And does ANYONE here think Trump would not trade on US secrets for his own personal gain going forward? Anyone?