Oregon Scandal?

BurntOrange&White

Read a lengthy story on it this morning. It was one dude (Tristan wallace?) that transferred to Prarie View. Nowhere near the magnitude of the Baylor scandal, although it certainly ain't great.

Here's the article I read

https://sports.yahoo.com/football-star-expelled-rape-twice-100019737.html

Edited by Blotto

as college football fans, we have conveniently forgotten the first world in that phrase. these teams are representatives of academic institutions of higher learning, although the higher part can be argued with most of these schools. never the less, we've lost sight of the spirit of collegiate athletics and focus only on the athletics part which leads us to situations like baylor, penn state, now maybe oregon, and countless other incidents almost every year.

they should split up collegiate athletics between schools which still honor academic integrity and schools which basically operate as semi pro teams while treating school as a mere inconvenience. i know which schools i'd support with my viewership.

fuck oregon, fuck baylor, fuck penn state, fuck ou, fuck the entirety of the sec.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Illinois is one of those psuedo-public ivies.  They aren't on the official list, but they are up there.

Good engineering school.

I think he's talking about the town...

Iirc Illinois was the first public university to offer a degree in architecture.  

55 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Read a lengthy story on it this morning. It was one dude (Tristan wallace?) that transferred to Prarie View. Nowhere near the magnitude of the Baylor scandal, although it certainly ain't great.

Time for RD to get in here and remind us that PV is in the aggy system. Should be able to keep it at a succinct 30 posts or so.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I did my Navy A School in Rantoul, Illinois which is about 20 miles outside Champaign-Urbana, so yeah, we felt lucky when were got to go to Champaign.

then, You got some miles on you sir, thanks for your service.  My father did a short stint there in his Navy years, this would have been in the 60's.  U of I is an incredibly underrated flagship school in this part of the country.  Its problem is that its really, really good at everything but not great at anything.  So it kinda blends into the Big 10 academic powerhouses, and is certainly overshadowed by it in-state cousins---Northwestern and Univ. of Chicago.  And then there's the fact that it's in Urbana-Champaign...the most boring part of a really boring state.  In another life, I went to UofI, but am glad this one has me at Texas.  

Anyway, back to the Oregon scandal.  Any chance Zach Smith can implicate any of our fraudulent coaches in the scheme so we can get out of the contracts?  

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

From what this article says, it looks like Oregon just changed the designation on Wallace's transcript to "Expelled for Student Misconduct" to avoid a legal battle with the Office of Civil Rights over a possible case of sex discrimination. Dunno how much of the blame is on their shoulders.

And we, scandal free, needed a poorly performing Red Raider offense, to help us from finishing dead last in division I defense.  These are the days!  Culture, baby!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Is now a good time to remind everyone that a few years removed from a scandal we thought would cripple the program Baylor took OU to overtime in the Big XII title game?

I bet your mom got taken to overtime last night, and double (penetration) overtime this morning 

5 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Is “great” that much better than “really, really good”? Asking for a friend.

Yes.  For instance, South Austin's mom said my cock is "really, really good"   She never said great, and as such---I never heard from her again. 

2 hours ago, RoundRobin said:

not so fast....Princeton can use a guy like Joel!

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I did my Navy A School in Rantoul, Illinois which is about 20 miles outside Champaign-Urbana, so yeah, we felt lucky when were got to go to Champaign.

what you have something against the The Half Century of Progress Farm Show?

21 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Is now a good time to remind everyone that a few years removed from a scandal we thought would cripple the program Baylor took OU to overtime in the Big XII title game?

Turns out whitewashing ALL THE RAPE is easy when every power-that-be just puts their hands up and says "ain't my problem."

And that program's fans will still tell you they're a poor little Bible college unfairly railroaded by the damn liberal elites in Austin and Indianapolis (no CR).

Edited by texifornia