Dive! Dive! Dive!

RPM

Every submarine movie has a scene where the depth charges start going off and water starts pouring in somewhere until a guy turns the valve and it then stops.
What the hell is that valve doing open in the first place.
I imagine there are several pipes doing the same job, for the sake of redundancy. When one is compromised, it is shut down and the remaining lines stay open.

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea - Was a movie first than spawned into a television series with one of the greatest themes. 

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea...

Fantastic Voyage count? 

Quality material of my youth,  not sure it's redeeming your comments i.e. Major League, but it's a start.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

15 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Every submarine movie has a scene where the depth charges start going off and water starts pouring in somewhere until a guy turns the valve and it then stops.

What the hell is that valve doing open in the first place.

Probably main or auxiliary seawater piping.  Pump in seawater to act as a heat exchanger and then pump it out.  The hull is probably the last thing to get compromised.  Flooding is probably going to be from seawater piping