What Is Your Favorite Football Movie Of All Time?

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Also, North Dallas Forty is pure, hot garbage. It may be the worst sports movie I’ve ever seen. Nick Nolte is his usual shit and the wormy singer/actor playing Dallas’ QB is even less believable. I understand sentimentality, but there has to be some merit to it. 

You sir can fuck right the fuck off .

EDIT :  Oh yeah, Varsity Blues ?  Yeah, tooootally believable, HS kids take over the sideline, and win one for the gimper....   Watching it now BTW, and entertaining, but lame ass, un believable, finale.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve seen this in a few threads from you and it is ridiculous and fucking awesome. It doesn’t make any sense, but fuck it. 

Also, North Dallas Forty is pure, hot garbage. It may be the worst sports movie I’ve ever seen. Nick Nolte is his usual shit and the wormy singer/actor playing Dallas’ QB is even less believable. I understand sentimentality, but there has to be some merit to it. 

All the Right Moves, The Best of Times and Wildcats are all terrific. 

Remember the Titans and the Blind Side are trash designed for children and women. 

The Program and Varsity Blues were fucking great. 

Friday Night Lights, along with The Black Swan and Charlie Wilson’s War, is the only book I’ve read more than once. It was really fun to read while living elements of that shit in high school and then checking it out again down the line. They choked on the movie though. My expectations were probably too high. 

Kids,  this is what drugs do to your brain.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Remember the titans is the same as Blind Side in my eyes. Sappy, ham fisted trash. Without Denzel, that movie is a C+ at best

hell, any given sunday, varsity blues, and little giants are better than RTT

Your takes are shit as usual. AGS was some Hollywood bullshit. Little giants is great if you’re 8 years old again. Varsity Blues was awesome. Blind Side doesn’t have shit on RTT. The Gettysburg scene alone makes that movie an all time sports movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Your takes are shit as usual. AGS was some Hollywood bullshit. Little giants is great if you’re 8 years old again. Varsity Blues was awesome. Blind Side doesn’t have shit on RTT. The Gettysburg scene alone makes that movie an all time sports movie.

You shut your mouth!

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Trouble Along the Way is a great John Wayne / Maureen O’Hara Donna Reed movie. 

Wayne plays a down on his luck gambler and single father who is hired as a coach at a small catholic university with money problems. 

You were so close. Not wrong about the movie though. The supporting cast is excellent.

29 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

You shut your mouth!

My nephew, who at 6 almost 7 is a fantastic athlete making all star teams on the 8-9 year old teams, is a built like a brick.  He was Spike Hammersmith for Halloween with the cut off sweat pants/shirt and weight belt.  Fucking hilarious.

Why we didn't run the Annexation of Puerto Rico on at least one of our 4th downs this year still baffles me.

FNL was ok.  Obligatory "The book is better" post.

The Program was ok.  Fucking Latimer, man.

I liked Remember the Titans.

Varsity Blues is one of the worst movies I;ve ever seen.  I can't believe people are throwing that piece of shit out as "best" anything.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

And you're dumb ass never fails to post in them saying this exact same thing. How is asking what is your favorite football movie clickbait? You keep using that lingo and have no idea what it means. But no surprise, you have been on my dick for years. Fucking dork.

The fact that you do not realize how click bait-ish this thread is explains a lot. Well, nothing that was not already self evident that is. 

A poll would have been fun and a good way to center this. There are only so many passable football movies. 

On that note, it isn't Remember the Titans fault that that's the case. Sure it's a little sappy and Disneyfied but it isn't a bad movie by any stretch and has some pretty great moments. For "football dramas" I think it would get my vote. It's surely better than the fucking Blind Side. Jesus. 

If I had a top 2 or I was going football comedy then the OG Longest Yard for sure. 

@Underdog I'm sorry you weren't loved as a child and dislike Major League

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

A poll would have been fun and a good way to center this. There are only so many passable football movies. 

On that note, it isn't Remember the Titans fault that that's the case. Sure it's a little sappy and Disneyfied but it isn't a bad movie by any stretch and has some pretty great moments. For "football dramas" I think it would get my vote. It's surely better than the fucking Blind Side. Jesus. 

If I had a top 2 or I was going football comedy then the OG Longest Yard for sure. 

@Underdog I'm sorry you weren't loved as a child and dislike Major League

Madonna made for a more believable baseball player than either Berenger or Bernsen.  And if Rene Russo is your love interest, your movie sucked. 

16 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Madonna made for a more believable baseball player than either Berenger or Bernsen.  And if Rene Russo is your love interest, your movie sucked. 

Pretty fair. I agree on Russo. Fortunately the film didn't center too much on their relationship. Different strokes. 

Seeing this pic got me wondering what you all think. Obviously does not have to be something on there.
71498052-2778257242220946-6700482039293935616-n.jpg

Good god that’s like listing some of the worst football movies.

Most sports movies suck because of the actors ridiculous attempts at looking athletic but Brian’s Song is the best clearly