2018 Texas Rangers thread

BigDHornfan

35 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Went to the game last night, they now sell these bad boys up and down the aisles just like beer.

https://www.buzzballz.com/

The founder of these things was my high school teacher way back when. Sounds like the concept has been pretty successful. I’ve never had one though - are they any good? They look too fruity for me

Don't know if anyone is watching this game but it  is just reinforcing how really bad Drew Robinson is. Looking completely lost at the plate, terrible in the field- had 2 lazy plays where if he hustles out of the box, he is probably is safe at first with minimal effort. There's no reason for him to be on this roster with Deshields back.

15 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Valid question: Profar has been player really well lately; when Elvis comes back, does Profar move to second and Odor get benched?

Play Odor, hope he has a hot streak and becomes more of a tradeable commidity and unload him on some sucker before the deadline for a decent haul.

3 hours ago, DougO said:

Play Odor, hope he has a hot streak and becomes more of a tradeable commidity and unload him on some sucker before the deadline for a decent haul.

It would have to be one hell of a hot streak for a team to give up prospects for him and his $42 million in future salary.

1 hour ago, EastTexan said:

Profar has had several bad throws lately. From short and turning dp's. Looks a little lackadaisical sometimes.

True dat. He's either off target or late or both a lot of times. I'm sure some of that comes from being moved around so much.

57 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

You’ve got to be fucking kidding me

what are you talking about? that was a beautiful 0-2 hanging curveball.  you couldn't draw that up better in high school.

I do like Kiner falefa(barring the brain fart on 3rd base last night).  he looks like a real hitter.  a lineup with beltre, Andrus, profar, KF, deshields,  Mazara, Gallo, Choo isn't half bad.  I think im done with Odor, he just has no plate discipline.  really need Choo to be hitting .270 to .280.

I don't think Robinson can handle this level of pitching.

16 hours ago, dcar00 said:

what are you talking about? that was a beautiful 0-2 hanging curveball.  you couldn't draw that up better in high school.

I do like Kiner falefa(barring the brain fart on 3rd base last night).  he looks like a real hitter.  a lineup with beltre, Andrus, profar, KF, deshields,  Mazara, Gallo, Choo isn't half bad.  I think im done with Odor, he just has no plate discipline.  really need Choo to be hitting .270 to .280.

I don't think Robinson can handle this level of pitching.

I'm done with Odor too. Below average fielder who has regressed at the plate. I'd rather have Profar or IKF manning second for the rest of this season.

i shit you not, I heard the score on the radio driving home and started pondering the 4 run lead and had this conversation with myself.

Hmmm 4-run lead.  still one swing of the bat could tie it.  I wonder if there is some stat site that has the % of 4 run games tied on a GS.

Fast forward to late night and I turn it on and see score tied and then go back and figure out WTF happened.  Need to ponder my odds of winning the lottery.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:03 AM, Dr Fear said:

Went to the game last night, they now sell these bad boys up and down the aisles just like beer.

https://www.buzzballz.com/

That's the shit Spirit Airlines was trying to shill on my at 6 am on my flight from Dallas to New york last year.  I've drank at 6 am before, but that made me want to punch the crew in the face.