2018 Texas Rangers thread

BigDHornfan

On 9/17/2018 at 6:54 PM, Dr Fear said:

Could you turn Frisco into the AAA and then find a new AA franchise?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not really. Round rock (and Nashville) are in the pacific coast league. So, you would need Frisco to leave the Texas league and join the Pacific league. Basically for that to happen, you would have to convince one of them to leave the Pacific League and get demoted to a AA team. 

I like him too. He's only been the manager a short while and definitely has shitty players. The men he's tried to work in like Rua and Robinson just aren't hitting consistently.

He told the story the other night of hitting a grand slam in his first little league at bat, age 11, I think.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

I like Banny too.  But I'm indifferent to if they want to make a move or not.  I've heard they don't think that he's got the right style for young guys going forward. Whatever that means. 

I'll trust JD. 

I did hear Omar Vizquel's name mentioned.  I'd love that.  I don't know what kind of manager he'll be but he was one of my absolute favorite players. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did the cards hire matheny fresh off his playing days?

you think it’s even remotely possible that Daniels has thought about beltre as manager do you?

its so ridiculous that I look like a fool for even posting it, right?

I’ve actually been pondering about that for a week or two 

28 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Wash was fired before the season ended and then we found out why a little later. Something had to have happened for them to do this and not let him finish out the last handful of games. 

Banny probably heard all of the rumblings and confronted JD about it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Strikes me as a great time for the owners to get rid of Daniels. Clean house, take out the trash. Get someone in here who doesn't saddle us with a shit pitching staff. Wonder if a really good - really good manager would want to saddle himself with Daniels.

Daniels just signed an extension and has helped guide us through the beginning of the rebuild without going full 2013 Astros. He’s not going anywhere. We have a lot of promising arms in the minors that will be close to ready for the new stadium.

Second the thought that pitching will probably be better at the new place.

9 hours ago, TheFlagship said:

Daniels just signed an extension and has helped guide us through the beginning of the rebuild without going full 2013 Astros. He’s not going anywhere. We have a lot of promising arms in the minors that will be close to ready for the new stadium.

Second the thought that pitching will probably be better at the new place.

Would have been better off going full Astro a couple of years ago. This team will still not be contending in 2 years, mainly because they are well in the lower tier of AL talent and their top prospects are still (for the most part) a couple of years away.  Even then, they are thin.

23 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

You would have had us going full tank the year we won the AL West?

No, but it was apparent pretty quickly last year (2017 season) that the roster was a house of cards.  Daniels has made some trades the past 2 seasons, with very minimal returns.  Th patchwork they tried this year was a disaster.  The best talent is lower-level minor league so still 2+ years away for the most part, and just treading water and winning 40% of your games (and winding up with mid-round draft choices) isn’t the answer.

I agree. I feel like they held on a year too long.  It's a hard thing to do but I would've tried to cut bait with everyone that's not named Adrian.  

Oh well.  I'm a JD guy so he gets a pass for alot of things from me with the exception of the inability to develop SPs.

Time will tell on their new approach.

The blinking cursor mocks me. I don't have any good answers to why we can't seem to get and keep pitching. Nor why the game has morphed into all or nothing at bats. It irritates me no end that a player would rather swing and miss than slap it the opposite way or GOD FORBID GET A BUNT. 

small ball is dead and that grieves me. Apparently there is no need to pay a player like Ty Cobb or Ichiro that you cannot fucking get out because they are going to hit it one way or the other. 

I don't know that firing JD is going to fix anything. I don't know if tearing it all down and starting from scratch is going to either. Beltre did not want to leave and I think I understand why a little better now. He was the last man standing between the younger guys and the Banny rooster boosterism. Jingoistic BS only lasts so long and then it falls on deaf ears. Never quit?. 

Yeah it was a good slogan for the fans but it don't mean shit to the players. They are going to be out there grinding for the whole year and then go do it again the next spring. I am not saying we gotta get Skateboard Man as a coach, but they have to be able to believe in what the man is saying. 

Don't forget the shrug of Josh when he kept whiffing and missing the easy play. Wash left, let him go to wherever he goes. It will solve nothing to bring him back. 

I don't mind if we wander in the wilderness for a few years. Tear it down to the foundation and start over. It's where we are heading anyhow. Might as well embrace it.

Dear God I sound like Brisket