2018 Texas Rangers thread

BigDHornfan

The final roster:

Pitchers — Cole Hamels, Matt Moore, Doug Fister, Mike Minor, Keone Kela, Matt Bush, Kevin Jepsen, Chris Martin, Jake Diekman, Alex Claudio, Jose Leclerc, Jesse Chavez

Catchers -- Robinson Chirinos, Juan Centeno

Infielders -- Joey Gallo, Rougned Odor, Elvis Andrus, Adrian Beltre, Jurickson Profar

Outfielders — Ryan Rua, Drew Robinson, Carlos Tocci, Delino DeShields, Nomar Mazara, Shin-Soo Choo

With the Joseph move, and the other DL listings mentioned in the below article,  the above final roster is set.

https://www.lonestarball.com/2018/3/29/17176454/texas-rangers-opening-day-roster-2018-kevin-jepsen-tommy-joseph-martin-perez-tim-lincecum

22 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I like Gallo batting 2.  I think its smart.  Hopefully it works. 

Go rangers

This is what the Astros shifted to when Gallo was up to bat 

gallo.JPG

It's insane. And it is also insane that a professional baseball player can't lay down a bunt towards third.

Edited by RPM

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

gallo.JPG

It's insane. And it is also insane that a professional baseball player can't lay down a bunt towards third.

I'm all for more information, but is the compass really necessary here? lol

• Like 1

Don't understand the logic of not bunting with that shift. Unless you've got 2 outs, I'd much rather have a nearly guaranteed base hit and try to start a rally rather than just swing for the fences with a 10% chance at best hitting a home run. When they start going away from the shift to take away the bunt, take the normal approach at the plate.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

gallo.JPG

This is how a lot of teams will play him when there is no one on base if he isn't going to lay down a bunt toward third.  He better start doing it now to stop the trend and have them respect that he will lay one down. 

1 hour ago, Both Tacos said:

This is how a lot of teams will play him when there is no one on base if he isn't going to lay down a bunt toward third.  He better start doing it now to stop the trend and have them respect that he will lay one down. 

If he is not willing to add bunting to his game while these insane shifts are going on, get him out of the 2 hole. Have him 3rd or wherever. Give him more of an opportunity to come up to bat with men on. There is no reason to not at least attempt to lay down a bunt yesterday with that shift. And he's one of the fastest guys on the team. It doesn't even have to be a perfect bunt to get on base. Stop that shit real quick. 

I also thought he was going to be more patient this year at the plate? First 2 at bats swung at the first pitch for outs.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

If he is not willing to add bunting to his game while these insane shifts are going on, get him out of the 2 hole. Have him 3rd or wherever. Give him more of an opportunity to come up to bat with men on. There is no reason to not at least attempt to lay down a bunt yesterday with that shift. And he's one of the fastest guys on the team. It doesn't even have to be a perfect bunt to get on base. Stop that shit real quick. 

I also thought he was going to be more patient this year at the plate? First 2 at bats swung at the first pitch for outs.

I heard some post game audio from yesterday and Joey said (paraphrasing)"he's not going to bunt. It's hard to learn how, he's been coached his whole life to swing away and he's not going to change. " smh

On March 30, 2018 at 11:14 AM, RPM said:

gallo.JPG

He needs to go to the bunting cage and get teams outta this bs.

3 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

Look again. You won't be disappointed. They're bringing the lulz about about their 1st loss

Haven't looked. Have they stopped jerking and sucking each other yet? I'd bet, hell no.

btw. Great game last nite. Only 2 games, but tiny bit more optimistic.

Go Rangers! 

Edited by EastTexan
  • Like 1