2018 Texas Rangers thread

BigDHornfan

1 hour ago, mrsmacgowski said:

We signed good ole CRupp to a minor-league deal. 

I wonder if Chirinos is going out for any time after that slide from Lucroy last night?  I know this is a minor league deal, but could mean someone else is getting called up.

wish he could have gone more than 5.  still nibbling a lot, but he was not not missing up in the zone.  Everything was down.

Freaking Odor just hates staying on the bases once he gets there.  Making Lucroy look like Pudge throwing people out.  but hello win column and all that plus breaking the unbelievable losing streak out there.

Why is everyone so concerned with 6-9 when whole line up minus elvis is bad

We have one major league bat...buckle up going to be a long one

I wouldnt mind sitting odor and lets actually see what profar can do with everyday ab if we are waiting for 2020 and beyond...dude hasnt got to play much with  injuries and getting tossed around multiple positions

16 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

Why wouldn't you let Minor pitch into the 7th with a 5-1 lead?

Minor only pitched somewhere around 75 innings last year. and didn't pitch in '15 or '16. They're going to keep him as limited as possible for the foreseeable future.I was actually surprised he cam out for the 6th.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

.400 is what this team is, and will continue to be until hamels and beltre are traded in 3 months. Then the bottom falls out. 

Hamels looks to be on the Jered Weaver career arc with his velocity and effectiveness unfortunately.    

33 minutes ago, DougO said:

Hamels gonna Hamels. Seems like the same pitcher I've always known him to be. Never liked the price tag the Rangers payed for him. I hope they can get something for him when teams start dealing.

I'm probably overreacting.  This just seems like another swing and a miss for Daniels in trades for pitchers.  Besides the obvious great move of getting Lee, I am not thinking of a good pitching trade off of the top of my head.