Formula One 2020

wood

21 hours ago, wood said:

Meh. Whelmed bordering on underwhelmed.

We have Ferrari red, the Silver Arrows, the McLaren orange, the old British racing green of Lotus, Renault's yellow ... and Haas ?

Uninspiring and mediocre... perhaps that is perfect for the Haas team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Meh. Whelmed bordering on underwhelmed.

We have Ferrari red, the Silver Arrows, the McLaren orange, the old British racing green of Lotus, Renault's yellow ... and Haas ?

Uninspiring and mediocre... perhaps that is perfect for the Haas team.

Yeah and I will never be able to take them seriously as long as they stick with that shit driver lineup.

22 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Saw that this morning. I hate the non-airbrushed Petronas teal, but this reply seems to indicate the actual car will have it. I hope so.

Yeah, the teal stripe is WAY too solid and clunky.  I much prefer the subtle airbrushed look.  Hopefully they work it in there.

The red is ok, guess I'll get used to it.

Chinese GP postponed due to Coronavirus (probably not to be rescheduled) and Vietnam GP reportedly in doubt also. Other reports say it's unlikely to be rescheduled. 

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.chinese-grand-prix-postponed-due-to-coronavirus-outbreak.3g2y5Ngyrk1MbNxQB9hj4s.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/feb/12/f1-chinese-gp-set-to-be-called-off-due-to-coronavirus-with-vietnam-race-at-risk

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I guess I'm just one for nostalgia because I almost never think livery changes are improvements. And so far that's the case this year as well.

I dislike the McLaren change the most.

Yep. Both McLaren and Mercedes went noticeably backward with their liveries this year.

2 hours ago, sidis said:

i personally think mercedes is a slight improvement.  ferrari took a step back.  wtf with the tiger stripes.  i really do not like mclaren's look.  alpha tauri looks good, haas is meh, i think renault's is fucking sweet and the top improvement.

4 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I even like Ferrari’s less than last year, though it’s still really similar.

Yeah Ferrari just seems to miss it year after year, after having some amazing , clean liveries in the past. They don't even really seem to care. They have so many sponsors, the car is like a rolling billboard.

Completely agree re: Renault. Just great imho. But I've heard conflicting reports that it may or may not be a testing livery as well. Shame if it turns out that way.

Mercedes solid teal stripe is terribad.  Like, a 3rd grader on MS Paint bad.

I like the Alphatauri-- a lot-- but I don't like it as much as STR's livery from the past couple of years. That was just beautiful.  But I'm all for simple and clean and Alphatauri nailed that for sure.

McLaren just continues to look bad.  Maybe it's the sheer size of the new cars compared to vintage, but the papaya orange just doesn't work on these cars.  And mixing it with the weird blue doesn't help.  Looks much more indycar than F1 car IMO.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1