Formula One 2020

wood

It's okay, but I liked the multi-tone silver from 2019 livery better than the early 2020, or this one.

Anyway, we have actual racing this weekend, so our long global nightmare is... well, far from over.  But having an F1 race on TV, is way better than NOT having one...

It's okay, but I liked the multi-tone silver from 2019 livery better than the early 2020, or this one.

Anyway, we have actual racing this weekend, so our long global nightmare is... well, far from over.  But having an F1 race on TV, is way better than NOT having one...

Yes, the 2019 car and livery has been my favorite silver arrow to date. But man, this one looks so good.

4 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

That livery is still a mess to me. Last year’s would be so good with the added touches.

Yeah this one's not bad but is too busy imho, relative to the last 2 years, which were awesome. They would show off the rainbow better imho.

13 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This sure doesn't feel like the F1 season is about to "start." 

Edit - I mean to say that it feels weird and alien and somehow incongruous, not to suggest that it's not happening. 

Yes it's weird for sure.

Doubly weird I think, since we already had the run-up to the first race, and then it was canceled last-minute, and then everything went crazy and everything else got canceled and that was all 3.5 months ago.

But, I'll still take it.

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This sure doesn't feel like the F1 season is about to "start." 

Edit - I mean to say that it feels weird and alien and somehow incongruous, not to suggest that it's not happening. 

Yeah I was thinking about this exact thing yesterday.

It feels like we're in the middle of the season, but there just haven't been any races yet.

Americas the hurdle as F1 waits on releasing full calendar www.motorsportweek.com/2020/07/02/americas-the-hurdle-as-f1-waits-on-releasing-full-calendar/

Formula 1 will not release its full calendar before the 2020 season commences as series organisers continue to evaluate the effects of the coronavirus, according to CEO Chase Carey.

Formula 1 had hoped to reveal its full calendar prior to the opening event but on Thursday Carey provided a further update.
“I think in the next few weeks we will look to land, certainly at least another chunk of the calendar, ideally we’d like to land the whole second half of the calendar,”
“There are a number of races we already know will be on the calendar. I don’t want to get into piecemeal addressing it, I’d like to address it holistically. But to lock the dates in we really need to figure out what other races will be on it
“We’ve said 15-18 races and we still feel comfortable with that as a target. Right now we have a number of races we have essentially agreed with, we just haven’t firmed the date up.
“And a number of places we are moving forward with, trying to firm a date up. We have a few that are much more up in the air based in circumstances in that country.”

It is understood that agreements have been reached to hold races at new venues Mugello and Portimao while rounds in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi are due to round out the campaign.
Bahrain, postponed from March, could hold multiple races while it is also believed that China will be rescheduled for a mid-late November date.

But one major hurdle is Formula 1’s plans for its events in the Americas.
The Canadian Grand Prix, originally scheduled for mid-June, remains provisionally postponed.
Mexico and Brazil have been adversely affected by the coronavirus while the United States has the highest death toll of any country, with Texas – and Austin – suffering a spike in cases in recent weeks.
MotorsportWeek.com understands that the events are highly unlikely to take place but as it stands Formula 1 is still keeping the door open for the grands prix.
“When you look at the US, Mexico, Brazil, clearly right now they seem to be having a higher incidence of infections than other places,” said Carey.
“So [we’re] trying to get guidance from these places on what’s possible, what we can do.

“Really we need to know, can we race in a location? Will there be restrictions on our ability to get in and out a location in a functioning way? And to some degree we’re trying to address the fan question. We’d like to have fans at our races. It’s a possibility.
“One of the challenges of looking at a calendar in November is November is four months away. You’re less than four months into the virus, so trying to look forward to where you’ll be in November I understand is hard for everybody.

“But ultimately we need to plan ahead. So there’s a point in time when we have to just put a stake in the ground and make decisions on what we know. I think that’s soon.
Events cancelled in their entirety so far in 2020 are Australia, the Netherlands, Monaco, Azerbaijan, France, Singapore and Japan.

Finally about to get to sit down & watch practice. 

Toto, re: USGP, Brazil, & Mexico ... Mercedes does not see GPs in Brazil and the United States; Mexico also uncertain https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/62152/mercedes-does-not-see-gps-in-brazil-and-the-united-states-mexico-also-uncertain.html

The Grands Prix of the United States and Brazil do not seem to be included for the 2020 Formula 1 calendar. That's what Toto Wolff says Friday in Austria. In these countries, the number of corona infections increases every day, so it doesn't seem desirable to let the Formula 1 circus travel westbound anytime soon. Sounds more and more like Canada has a chance.

"Looking at those countries right now, you cannot possibly imagine we would be going there", says Wolff in conversation with the BBC. The team boss of Mercedes talked to Liberty Media top man Chase Carey this week. "He doesn't want to close any doors but it doesn't look like we will be going there."

Safety is still priority number one and so the odds seem to be very slim. "They are pretty diligent and they wouldn't go there if it was a risk for our people."

So in other words, F1 is keeping COTA on the calendar until they absolutely must remove it ... and hoping for a miracle in the meantime.

It's nice to see some new faces top towards the front. This season has the makings of a EPIC Ferrari failure. They are stupid. 

I really hope the Honda & Renault engines deliver. Not because I am a fan, but because I am a fan of racing.

I like George Russell and I hope he does well. I wonder if Williams can do anything this season.

That's such a beautiful circuit. I do want to get there some day. Maybe next trip to Germany I should take a drive over.

• Like 1