Formula One 2020

wood

9 hours ago, pops said:

Vettel is being a cunt... and not sure I blame him, but no reason for him to even try this season. They should cut him a check and have their third driver in the car.   Vettel has nothing to prove and will sign a huge deal for next year. 

Hamilton was on another level today. Circa 2000 tiger woods. 

Racing point is fun as hell. 

And just like that Vettel & LeClerc make contact in the first couple of seconds.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

“A really disappointing day,” seethed Binotto after qualifying. “We have to accept that the stopwatch doesn’t ever lie. In two qualifying sessions, albeit in different conditions, we have not been competitive, not only against those who have been our closest rivals over the past few years, but also against others, who up to yesterday were generally behind us.

“We worked very hard to bring updates to the car earlier than planned, but they didn’t show their worth on track,” he added. “We have to work out why and change this state of affairs, which is just not good enough for a team by the name of Ferrari. We mustn’t get het up about it, but we cannot ignore the facts.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.not-good-enough-for-a-team-by-the-name-of-ferrari-binottos-scathing.7tzV5egNxlI9meTzvICbP6.html

That was fun. Mercedes is still too far ahead, even for Red Bull. But the guys just behind have really picked it up. 

Four Mercedes engines in top-10

Three Renault engines in top-10

Three Honda engines in top-10

Zero Ferrari.

28 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Is racing point going to finish fourth this season? Beat mclaren?

They look stronger than ever.

2 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Norris with 5th!!! That was a great drive by him all the way to the end. emoji122.pngemoji122.png

They have virtually copied last year's Merc. 

Against the spirit of the "design your own car" rules of F1. Not sure the protest will hold up since apparently RP did all their copying from careful analysis of photographs of the Merc and had no direct sharing of tech with Merc. At least from what I remember reading.

Teams had similar problems with Haas being essentially a Ferrari. They only stopped trying to protest Haas when Haas became non-competitive.

RP being fast is what really brings the protests.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mcbrisket said:

Basically a direct copy of last years Merc.

Yeah, what Hawndoh said.

57 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Against the spirit of the "design your own car" rules of F1. Not sure the protest will hold up since apparently RP did all their copying from careful analysis of photographs of the Merc and had no direct sharing of tech with Merc. At least from what I remember reading.

Teams had similar problems with Haas being essentially a Ferrari. They only stopped trying to protest Haas when Haas became non-competitive.

Thanks.  That’s what I thought I had heard before. I wasn’t sure if there was some other issue.

2 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

Or at least nobody's admitting it.

5 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Norris with 5th!!! That was a great drive by him all the way to the end. emoji122.pngemoji122.png

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I literally love lando norris

Yep ... Seems like a good guy, and he's 20. Hopefully lots more good stuff to come from the kid. 

1 hour ago, wood said:

No penalty for Stroll. 

So I guess now if you want to overtake, all you have to do is make a late lunge and drive off the track, forcing the other guy off.

Unbelievable.

Ric got screwed. Did some great defensive driving for 15 laps or so. 

Pink arrow should be fair game. If teams can reverse engineer from photos etc and make it themselves so be it. Good to see the midfield be stronger and have variety, and would negate some of the big teams development/ money discrepancy.  

Midfield is great this year so far. Awesome to see. 

Merc is just a step ahead. Lewis had an agenda today.  Will be interesting to see how the new regs affect them in 2022. 

I'm an F1 newbie... only got into it in the last 8 years or so,  but for some reason it is so satisfying to see the shit show at Ferrari. And I dig leclerc. 

Why is haas even there? 

1 hour ago, pops said:

Midfield is great this year so far. Awesome to see. 

Merc is just a step ahead. Lewis had an agenda today.  Will be interesting to see how the new regs affect them in 2022. 

I'm an F1 newbie... only got into it in the last 8 years or so,  but for some reason it is so satisfying to see the shit show at Ferrari. And I dig leclerc. 

Why is haas even there? 

For me, I have mixed emotions about the Ferrari shitshow, and I like Leclerc as well, and Binotto, who was one of the people I met in Austin when I was doing the Shell thing. Everyone there lives for Ferrari 24/7. I've never been totally convinced Charles is what they think he is though. 

Edited by wood

Here in English with Berger talking.

https://f1i.com/news/377323-berger-convinced-aston-martin-deal-in-the-works-for-vettel.html

Ex-F1 driver Gerhard Berger believes a deal between Sebastian Vettel and Aston Martin Racing for 2021 is currently being negotiated by the two parties.

Vettel will leave Ferrari at the end of the year and the German driver's options for next season appear limited, but Racing Point, which will switch its name to Aston Martin Racing in 2021, has apparently captured Vettel's interest.

Berger had his ear to the ground last weekend in Austria, and what he heard in Spielberg tells him that a deal between the pink outfit and the four-time world champion is in the works.