Formula One 2020

wood

51 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Agreed. Gun to my head Verstappen is the fastest driver right now and I wouldn't really hesitate. 

Where I'd hesitate would be if asked for the most consistently fast driver, i.e. including car management, consistency both in race and week to week, etc. I can believe Hamilton may be the best from that perspective. But if you lined the current grid up in identical cars and gave them all the same odds for a race I'd put all of my money on Verstappen. 

Yeah I agree. Max quickest overall, & when it comes to being a complete driver, IMHO Lewis is tops in the current grid, with Max closing fast. In 2021, with Alonso back in the fray, I'd add him in a dead heat with Lewis. Just so strong in every area, esp tactics & strategy, racecraft, consistency, etc.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/07/22/nurburgring-to-join-2020-f1-calendar-with-portimao-and-imola/

The Nurburgring is poised to make a surprise return to the Formula 1 calendar this season, seven years since it last held a grand prix.

RaceFans understands the former home of the German Grand Prix will be among the next batch of races to be added to this year’s revised schedule. A spokesperson for the circuit confirmed discussions with Formula 1 have taken place.

The world championship calendar has been extensively reorganised following the disruption caused by the global pandemic. So far 10 races have been confirmed up to the Russian Grand Prix on September 27th.

The Nurburgring is one of three venues which are expected to follow F1’s visit to Sochi. All three were not part of the original 2020 F1 calendar.

The other two races to join the schedule will include the revived Portuguese Grand Prix, last held at Estoril in 1996. Its race will take place at the Autodromo do Algarve near Portimao. F1 has never previously raced at the circuit, but a group of teams tested there shortly after it opened in 2008.

F1 will also add a further round of the world championship in Italy. This will take place at Imola, which previously held F1 races between 1980 and 2006. It will be the third race in Italy this year, along with the Italian Grand Prix at Monza and the Tuscan Grand Prix Ferrari 1000 at Mugello.

• Like 1

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a33407439/ferrari-f1-shakes-things-up-in-effort-to-get-back-on-track/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_aut&utm_medium=email&date=072320&utm_campaign=nl20994118&utm_term=AUT_Autoweek_Racing_Daily_Newsletter_Subscribers

Apparently, if you work for the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 team, you don't have time to be patient.

At least someone at Ferrari, after three disappointing races to start the 2020 F1 season, has seen enough. While team principal Mattia Binotto, who has been rumored to be on the hot seat at Ferrari, has survived the latest team shakeup, it's clear that the dominoes have started to fall.

Ferrari announced on its website that the team is restructuring its technical department. Team leadership is promising "a chain of command that is more focused and simplified and provides the heads of each department the necessary powers to achieve their objectives."

1 hour ago, wood said:

Jesus, Lewis. Just walk away from the social media for a while.

Fucking idiot. But he can certainly drive. It is wild to me that THAT particular dumbfuck conspiracy theory has reached such a critical mass but that’s where we are. Hopefully he will heed your advice.

The first one was a re-post from another account to his story. There was a caption saying something like “I remember the first time I lied” or something. The actual video was pretty long though so I’m not sure to which part specifically it was referring (I didn’t watch it).

The second one was an “apology/clarification”.

Still pretty dumb, but yeah, he needs to chill.

f408f9617f00c574a2743c20dd078deb.png

19 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Hmmm that's weird.  He seems pretty progressive overall.  But he's also sorta granola, so maybe that's where it's coming from...

it wasn't just the anit-vax stuff though, the video was highlighting the conspiracy theory that bill gates is chipping us all with vaccines. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, leaf said:

Next year Haas should bring in Hulk and let go of Grosjean.  Grosjean sucks ass.

12 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

If Haas intended to exist after this year Hulkenberg would already be in that seat.

It does seem like they are just going through the motions now, well, have been for a while.