Formula One 2020

wood

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:
8 minutes ago, 52-80 said:
The funniest thing about Grosjean getting pissed off at the crash, is he will find out his teammate was the Cause

Doesn't look like it from the onboards

i just saw a bunch of people swerving around to avoid magnussen, and crashing, and causing grosjean to do emergency brake

6 hours ago, elfenix said:
6 hours ago, 52-80 said:
The funniest thing about Grosjean getting pissed off at the crash, is he will find out his teammate was the Cause

Doesn't look like it from the onboards

Nah. It wasn't on MAG. I thought it was at first, but he was doing what he was supposed to be doing, even if maybe leaving a little more space in front than he needed to. LAT just started racing, GIO followed him, and SAI followed him. Meanwhile, BOT hadn't even reached the start line yet.

5 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

not a thing

He coulda done a lot more than he did. No guarantee it would have worked, but he stuck so far to the inside that Lewis was able to go around on the outside without even going wide. He was able to just go right up the middle of the track. Then on the second restart, predictably, he was useless again.

Dude just sucks wheel to wheel, whether he's defending or attacking.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

What a weird race. Moments of excitement but then sort of dull with the actual racing. Wish Verstappen's car hadn't failed him for racing's sake. 

Yeah according to what he was saying, Honda apparently hasn't fixed the problem he had at Monza.

1 minute ago, wood said:

Yeah according to what he was saying, Honda apparently hasn't fixed the problem he had at Monza.

Yep, heard that. Obviously just a completely different race if he hadn't had the issue. If his engine is operating properly he's 2nd behind Bottas into Turn 1, and more importantly he's not driving like a 30 year old junker going 45mph on Mopac in clear traffic causing accidents. 

The first lap chaos doesn't happen, so the first restart chaos doesn't happen. Although then the restart after Stroll's failure would have been the first one so it may have just happened later. Did they ever confirm what happened to Stroll's car? I wish all the cars would blow up if they drove more than half a second on a kerb. Ha. It's so irritating watching all the cars go completely off track five times per lap. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, wood said:

He coulda done a lot more than he did. No guarantee it would have worked, but he stuck so far to the inside that Lewis was able to go around on the outside without even going wide. He was able to just go right up the middle of the track. Then on the second restart, predictably, he was useless again.

Dude just sucks wheel to wheel, whether he's defending or attacking.

Your first and last sentence are what explain it all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, heard that. Obviously just a completely different race if he hadn't had the issue. If his engine is operating properly he's 2nd behind Bottas into Turn 1, and more importantly he's not driving like a 30 year old junker going 45mph on Mopac in clear traffic causing accidents. 

The first lap chaos doesn't happen, so the first restart chaos doesn't happen. Although then the restart after Stroll's failure would have been the first one so it may have just happened later. Did they ever confirm what happened to Stroll's car? I wish all the cars would blow up if they drove more than half a second on a kerb. Ha. It's so irritating watching all the cars go completely off track five times per lap. 

I dunno, I think the Sainz L1T2 spin still would have happened. How much chaos that would have caused ... who knows.

Completely agree re: the track limits. The white line is the track limit, not the gravel trap that's so far away from the track that cars can easily go four off and not hit the gravel.

Re: Stroll's car, I never heard confirmation, but I agree with Brundle. It looked to me like something failed on the left rear, likely the tire blowing up. I slowed down the moment when the failure happened, and you can see something fly up to the left front from the left rear. It looked like a piece of tire to me, but it coulda been anything, really. That shit has happened wayyy too much under Pirelli's watch.

Edited by wood

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Your first and last sentence are what explain it all.

Yeah he just made it so easy for Lewis,. It was pathetic. At least make the guy work for it.

If he wanted to defend on the inside, he coulda made life a whole lot tougher for Lewis by taking MUCH more of the middle and only going as far inside as he needed to to keep Lewis from going inside him. That forces Lewis to the left with much less room to maintain minimum speed. Then once you're in the turn you can squeeze him even more to make him back out. But nope. He had his right wheels on the edge of the track. Crazy. Even Lewis probably couldn't believe how easy Bottas made it.

Edited by wood