Formula One 2020

wood

12 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah, of course it'll never happen, but  I've always kinda wished they'd hold a race here in mid-late August, just so I could see how they handle or don't handle all the problems that would come with that kind of heat.

My guess: Not very well.

I always have to laugh when the talk about the 'scorching' 80-85 temps at Austria or the 'incredible' Singapore heat

There isn't enough SPF in Austin for me to sit out at COTA for an August race weekend. haha

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, wood said:

Man, I could really do with a lot less Karun mic time in these broadcasts. Dude's an idiot ... and please, enough with the references to 80 F temps as 'hot'.

Bloody Euros filling up the bloody world with bloody "hot" references they can't afford to bloody substantiate!

(what are we, dear?)

Texan, and fiercely proud of it!

its kinda weird that the steering wheels for each team is so different.  theres no competitive advantge to the different wheel designs - its just a controller device - so you'd figure they'll all just get the same wheel from the same designer/supplier.

anyway, wiliams' wheel look the cleanest

BlackandwhitePoliticalAbyssiniangroundho

8 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Got us a little qualifying drama this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Courtesy of you know who ...

But to be fair, these cars are absolute pigs in slow corners and once they snap, that's it.

Edited by wood

I am starting to think Leclerc might be immune to penalties.

Monza 2019, Japan 2019, the seatbelt incident in Spain this year (not sure how literally nothing, not even a reprimand, even happened for that), and today. Albon got a penalty for a much more marginal incident a few races ago on lap 1, and the incident today wasn’t even investigated.

Meanwhile, Lewis keeps getting penalties for goofy stuff (even if they are deserved). Plus, Masi makes this huge issue about the bollards and penalizes if you barely go over the kerb and don’t exit via the bollard, but then nothing happens when drivers cause collisions.

Just seems to be zero consistency. That’s all I want; some consistency!

13 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Also, pretty big incident in the F2 sprint race today:

Hide contents

https://streamable.com/ll90m0

They did not restart and half points were given. Mick finished 3rd. I am not a Michael Schumacher fan whatsoever, but I can’t seem to not root for Mick.

I was a huge Schumacher fan. I am a Young Schumacher fan as well.

• Like 1