Formula One 2020

wood

What's more interesting to me, is speculating how Lewis would do in a lesser car.  Put him the in RBR instead of Max, and how many times can he beat the Merc?  I'm willing to bet it's more often than Max does, but does he win enough to win the WDC in the RBR?  
Obviously there's no way to know, it's just an interesting thought exercise.  

Eh, Lewis does have at least one win and pole every year he’s been in F1, including only one of two non-Red Bull poles in 2010, and the only non-Red Bull pole in 2011 (Vettel had 15/19 that year!).

He should’ve won the WDC in 2007 as a rookie if not for his damn pitwall in China, in a car that was more or less equal to the Ferrari (track dependent), and had a great chance in 2012, but the MP4-27 was ridiculously unreliable, unlucky, and suffered from a lot of team mistakes during pit stops (he retired from the lead 3 times, and from a podium position 2 more, with Button also suffering lots of mechanicals), which was also likely a big part of why he left them at the end of the season.

You do, of course, need a fast/fastest car to win, but it is not as if he hasn’t proved himself elsewhere.

Hell, even Fangio switched teams 4 times in 8 years (including one mid-season!) trying to stay in the best car.

It definitely is an interesting thought exercise, though. I wouldn’t mind seeing it happen!

At the end of every season they should run an exhibition short race where you reverse the order of the drivers championship and put them in the cars in the normal order. So Lewis goes to the last place car and last place gets to drive his Merc. Second place swaps cars with 19th place etc etc

At the end of every season they should run an exhibition short race where you reverse the order of the drivers championship and put them in the cars in the normal order. So Lewis goes to the last place car and last place gets to drive his Merc. Second place swaps cars with 19th place etc etc

We should also bring back this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M1_Procar_Championship?wprov=sfti1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

What's more interesting to me, is speculating how Lewis would do in a lesser car.  Put him the in RBR instead of Max, and how many times can he beat the Merc?  I'm willing to bet it's more often than Max does, but does he win enough to win the WDC in the RBR?  

Obviously there's no way to know, it's just an interesting thought exercise.  

Since F1 is really just a constructors race , the places where we can observe talent shine through are: few errors; wet performance; tire management; beating teammates; quali performance (esp against teammate); and whatever the IT factor is that people like Brady has where they just pull out the win, no matter what, regardless of how unspectacular it looks.  

From all that, its safe to project Hamilton as #1 on the grid.  Max is #2, arguably 3 or 4, because he gets involved in too many incidents.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Yes!!!!!! 7 in a row. 93rd for Hamilton. Danny on podium. Great race.

Kimi driving forever was awesome. Ferrari hates Vettle. Albon gotta be gone at the end of the year. Russel blew it. Rough day for some

Damn safety car just a few laps too late for Kimi to really get rewarded for his drive 

Vettle was having a good day as well, dat pit stop

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

Heard on the broadcast, when they were discussing the musical chairs for 2021 seats, that Honda want to place their star driver at Alpha Tauri. Why would Red Bull feel the need to go along with that after Honda put them in a very difficult spot by pulling out after next year? If they feel he’s better long-term than Albon or Kvyat and want to give him a look, then I can see that. But because Honda want it?

Lewis taking a drink from Danny Ric’s “shoey” was funny.

Edited by Dutch

On 11/1/2020 at 11:21 AM, UTHornFan014 said:

That has to seal Albon getting replaced at Red Bull, right (if it wasn't already)?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

I think he'd be gone already if they had any competition for 2nd place in the constructors. 

Hope this gets finalized soon.

If COVID allows I might try to make as many as 3 races next year.  I'm already going to be in London the week of Silverstone (nice surprise) and can easily adjust the schedule to leave Monday instead of Sunday.

Is Austin worth attending at least once?  Seems easy enough for me to get there for a long weekend, fly in either late Thursday or early Friday and then fly out Monday AM or even Sunday PM.  I went ahead and booked a Marriott this AM for that full weekend while the rates were still super cheap.

The last question is what remaining race to try and make...probably down to Spa, Zandvoort, or Monza.  Only reason I might try to make this 3rd race happen is I have a shitload of British Airways vouchers to use before April 2020 so don't want them to go to waste.  

7 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

If COVID allows I might try to make as many as 3 races next year.  I'm already going to be in London the week of Silverstone (nice surprise) and can easily adjust the schedule to leave Monday instead of Sunday.

Is Austin worth attending at least once?  Seems easy enough for me to get there for a long weekend, fly in either late Thursday or early Friday and then fly out Monday AM or even Sunday PM.  I went ahead and booked a Marriott this AM for that full weekend while the rates were still super cheap.

The last question is what remaining race to try and make...probably down to Spa, Zandvoort, or Monza.  Only reason I might try to make this 3rd race happen is I have a shitload of British Airways vouchers to use before April 2020 so don't want them to go to waste.  

Any one of those last three would be great. If I had to pick one, I'd do Spa. Re: COTA ... imho it depends on where you are. Montreal is a much more enjoyable weekend imho. And the 'scenery' is pretty got damn fantastic.

• Hook 'Em 1

TBC where Vietnam was. Wonder which track gets it...

2021 Formula 1 calendar
21 March - Australian GP
28 March - Bahrain GP
11 April - Chinese GP
25 April - TBC
9 May - Spanish GP
23 May - Monaco GP
6 June - Azerbaijan GP
13 June - Canadian GP
27 June - French GP
4 July - Austrian GP
18 July - British GP
1 August - Hungarian GP
29 August - Belgian GP
5 September - Dutch GP
12 September - Italian GP
26 September - Russian GP
3 October - Singapore GP
10 October - Japanese GP
24 October - United States GP
31 October - Mexican GP
14 November - Brazilian GP
28 November - Saudi Arabia 

5 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Spa is on my bucket list so that's definitely the one I'd choose out of those three.  Zandvoort would be quirky fun, though.  And I'll admit, I don't love Monza, never have.  But visiting Italy is always a good time.

Personally I really love spending the weekend at COTA in Austin, but I live here and it's obviously easy for me to do.