Texas vs. Central Michigan 1pm Ct on LHN

SDG

Outside of turnovers and free throws, Texas has played well. Hitting 64 percent of 3-point attempts is a big part of that (and unsustainable), but I'm more impressed with the greater effort to get to the rim and the foul line.

First-half defense wasn't up to our standard, but they've adjusted and done a better job of getting back after makes and misses. CMU has also cooled off a bit.

Happy with win... saw some better play in 2nd half as they got more aggressive on both ends...

Don't be fooled by only 1 loss though.  Not a well coached offensive team right now.

To close with a positive... if they can get out and run, they can be a lot better team as season goes on... lots of athleticism needs to be unleashed!!

11 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Outside of turnovers and free throws, Texas has played well. Hitting 64 percent of 3-point attempts is a big part of that (and unsustainable), but I'm more impressed with the greater effort to get to the rim and the foul line.

First-half defense wasn't up to our standard, but they've adjusted and done a better job of getting back after makes and misses. CMU has also cooled off a bit.

yep. our D picked it up and CMU cooled off a bit, except for the one guard.  we smothered them inside pretty good.

hit FT's and we cover.

we got to the line because Febres and Ramey got hot from outside.  the problem I have is our whole game depends on shooting 40%+ from 3 to beat very good teams.  If Febres can be a hot 2 of 3 games guy we could potentially get to .500 in conference but I'd have to see it to believe it when we start facing much better defenders.

3 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

I know, right?! Giving up almost 80 points to the #1 scoring offense in the nation. What an abysmal performance.

Lmao

michigan-dearborn

Ms valley

shsu

Sienna heights

minnesota

trinity christian

Depaul

youngstown st

Tn martin

valpo

how they arent the number 1 offense in the history of college basketball with that jr high schedule is beyond me

they wont even finish the season in the top 25 scoring offenses, but continue

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

In their 3 away games before us this year, they averaged 62 points against opponents that were ranked around #103 in the nation

only two letters really matter and the are L and W.  We accepted a W today and 8 other days so far this year.  

Was is a great game? No, but they adjusted at the half and pulled it out.  

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Happy with win... saw some better play in 2nd half as they got more aggressive on both ends...

Don't be fooled by only 1 loss though.  Not a well coached offensive team right now.

To close with a positive... if they can get out and run, they can be a lot better team as season goes on... lots of athleticism needs to be unleashed!!

This feels like a team that will get better as the season progresses. I still have much higher expectations than a .5 conf record even after watching a less challenging than usual non-conf schedule.

Last season with this same schedule, we are probably 5-5 at best, so while we aren't winning pretty, we are at least beating the teams we should, and at least one that we shouldn't.  I'm in no way optimistic that we will continue to win regularly, but at least there is some improvement.  As ugly as we are to watch, I'll celebrate a win anytime we get one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Last season with this same schedule, we are probably 5-5 at best, so while we aren't winning pretty, we are at least beating the teams we should, and at least one that we shouldn't.  I'm in no way optimistic that we will continue to win regularly, but at least there is some improvement.  As ugly as we are to watch, I'll celebrate a win anytime we get one. 

this is the worst schedule we have ever played. last year's team would not be 5-5 with this schedule. 

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

we *barely* scraped by McNeese State at home this year, who is far worse than Radford. I don't think we've even covered a single spread this year against this embarrassing schedule. if this year's team weren't exclusively playing teams outside the top 200 we would be nowhere near 8-1.

Have you looked at Tennessee's schedule?  

16 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Defense is better.  Some of the players have improved.  Would like to see a lot better gameplan for the offense, and more substitutions to develop more players.

11 minutes ago, SDG said:

Have you looked at Tennessee's schedule?  

You mean the Volunteers? The team playing against 6 of Kenpom's top 50 in their OOC schedule? Yes i've seen their schedule and it's (predictably) much tougher than ours. 

btw, one of those top 50 teams they've played? a team called VCU who is ranked ahead of Texas. 

8 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

You mean the Volunteers? The team playing against 6 of Kenpom's top 50 in their OOC schedule? Yes i've seen their schedule and it's (predictably) much tougher than ours. 

btw, one of those top 50 teams they've played? a team called VCU who is ranked ahead of Texas. 

Have all those "6" games been played yet?  I'm seeing UNCL, MURR, ASU (not p12), CHAT, and FLAM on their schedule.  Good win against UW, but we had Purdue...