All things SNL

Dr. Teeth

I guess those garbage movies he does make money? They probably cost no more than a couple mil to make if even that and I guess he makes 2 to 3 a year now. 
He's the new Roger Corman just on a bigger scale. 

I’m not sure how any Netflix movie “makes money”, since there are no box office or rental fees. Netflix makes $, spending what they choose and what they think the content is worth.

And he is constantly ridiculed by the industry, but shit...I can’t think of any “mean things said by others” that wouldn’t be worth that kind of $.

Thought it was  a pretty solid episode.  I haven't really watched in a while, but tuned in for the nostalgia of Sandler.  Definitely loved him doing the Farley song.

Side Note:  How often does SNL recycle skits?  I know they do, but I remember watching the other night that I had seen the "Last Call" skit before.  I looked it up on youtube and found about 8 different versions of it and each one had almost the exact same script with a few slight changes.

Never listened to DJ Khaled before. Now I know why. My question is why is he so popular? All he did was shout some monotone phrases, many out of time and intro other actual singer/rappers. He has search histories?

I didn't laugh much at the finale, despite Rudd being such a good host. Most sketches were pretty paint-by-numbers, safe for a little chuckle. Still think it's a great, deep cast and they'll get better each year even if some people leave for whatever reason.

Guest Lobo

This was the best McKinnon has ever been in the scientist/abductee exit interview skits.  And that's saying something.  

The View was done pretty well.  

Rest of it was very meh, after they hit a decent little late-season stride there for a few weeks.  

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I liked his monolog, but Chris Rock phoned in the rest.  Directly reading from the teleprompter every skit.  Disappointing.  Name change skit was the best of the night.

Agreed. And does anyone really enjoy Megan Thee Stallion's music? Got damn that was awful.

The NBA draft was probably the worst skit I've seen in some time.

I'm literally watching a zoom right now from the LBJ School/Library.  And the current moderator is named Doctor Michael Hole.  And he apparently goes by either Doc Hole or Mikey Hole.

I still think of SNL WU years ago when Dennis Miller says something about Senate Dick Lugar reverting back to his birth name, "Cock Beretta"