2020 DL Sawyer Goram-Welch

texifornia

Suck it, Gundy

https://247sports.com/player/sawyer-goram-welch-46056596/

Ian Boyd on how Goram-Welch fits at Texas: Out in Longview, Goram-Welch is currently serving as a James Lynch type with 15 TFL and eight sacks. Longview uses him at DE two-gapping tackles at times against the run at times or turning the corner on the tackle off the edge in the pass-rush. He’s quick off the ball with strong hands and an active motor, but he’s not as explosive as Lynch and likely slides inside to more of a strongside end or defensive tackle position in high school. He could be great at pushing the pocket from a DT position and could also play an anchor end in an even front.

https://insidetexas.com/goram-welch-chooses-texas/

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not a great list, but the coaches have shown they can spot talent, so hopefully this doesn't end up another Fitzgerald. 
I would love for anybody to point out where ou or alabama or even arkansas passed up a player that became a starter at texas and said "damn, missed that one" on a three star that Tulsa wants.

Are bodies the goal?
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

I would love for anybody to point out where ou or alabama or even arkansas passed up a player that became a starter at texas and said "damn, missed that one" on a three star that Tulsa wants.

Are bodies the goal?

Is this just automatic for you when a white DE commits to us?

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

Are bodies the goal?

So, in your scenario Texas is a place that the big schools like blOU, bama, and .....*checks post*...... fucking arky let their own 3* in-state kids slide to?

Get a grip.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Are bodies the goal?

It happens regularly here and at every major school. Sam Cosmi, Derek Kerstetter, LJH, Malcolm Roach, etc. Jared Wiley looks promising. We haven't taken a ton of 3 stars lately either.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 2

On 12/16/2019 at 8:54 AM, markstanco said:

Get a grip on what?  *checks post*...it was a fucking question. 

Cut the bullshit. You were trying to make a point, not genuinely ask a question. Not to mention, if you knew anything about recruiting at all, you’d know there are multiple 3 star guys with underwhelming offer lists that have turned into really good players for us just in the last couple years. 

This is just you pulling a Fillinger all over again. Remember, the guy who’s currently the 136th ranked player in the nation that you said was a lowly 3 star that belongs at KSU? 

• Like 2

Cut the bullshit. You were trying to make a point, not genuinely ask a question. Not to mention, if you knew anything about recruiting at all, you’d know there are multiple 3 star guys with underwhelming offer lists that have turned into really good players for us just in the last couple years. 
This is just you pulling a Fillinger all over again. Remember, the guy who’s currently the 136th ranked player in the nation that you said was a lowly 3 star that belongs at KSU? 
I was referencing his OFFER list, not the stars. That's what I found concerning.

On 12/15/2019 at 11:22 PM, markstanco said:

Are bodies the goal?

Sam Cosmi's offer list per 247:

Houston, Memphis, TCU, Texas.

That's it. Think OU wouldn't want him in their next game after what he did to Chiasson?

Anyway, to the larger spirit of the thread, I'm not very familiar with this kid. Anyone have any insight as to his upside? 

Many 3 stars turn out great.  You see top recruiting schools lock up 3 stars in the spring and hang onto them thru signing day. 

Many people have bread before the main course is served.  When the bread is served at the end of the meal it might be good, but some people will wonder why are we getting the bread right before we sign the check.

Better to land your 3 stars that you really like early than signing week, atleast that's what makes sense to me.  Best loaves are still available in the spring.

2 minutes ago, MM42 said:

Many 3 stars turn out great.  You see top recruiting schools lock up 3 stars in the spring and hang onto them thru signing day. 

Many people have bread before the main course is served.  When the bread is served at the end of the meal it might be good, but some people will wonder why are we getting the bread right before we sign the check.

Better to land your 3 stars that you really like early than signing week, atleast that's what makes sense to me.  Best loaves are still available in the spring.

Well Fillinger was our early guy, but WAYLP.

Flipping a previously solid OSU commit that's been on our radar for months is pretty much exactly how you react to that kind of decommit.

On 12/15/2019 at 11:22 PM, markstanco said:

Are bodies the goal?

so, if your logic plays out. that means NFL level talent only goes to the big schools? they identify and sign all of them?  

funny how.the league is full division 2 and 3 level guys, hell NAIA,  who never got a look from the bigs.