missing south austin woman

hayden_horn

my wife was talking about this and i was only kind of listening, but i know she thinks the husband is to blame. 

but i was taking a look at the london daily mail, and it's very strange seeing an elementary school in my zip code mentioned. close to home, yada yada yada.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7796163/Tearful-fianc-denies-involved-disappearance-partner-two-week-old-daughter.html

A Texas man whose fiancée went missing four days ago with the couple's two-week-old daughter has denied involvement in their disappearance in a new emotional interview.  

Heidi Broussard, 33, and her infant daughter Margot were last seen Thursday morning when the mother was dropping her son off at Cowan Elementary School in Austin. 

Police have said they believe Broussard returned home with Margot sometime before her fiancé, Shane Carey, reported them missing around 7.30pm that night.   

Carey has issued multiple pleas for the pair's return in tearful TV interviews and says he believes she would have not left of her own accord. 

In one interview with FOX7, alongside his father Ty, Carey addressed facing scrutiny over Heidi's disappearance and insisted that he hadn't done anything wrong.  

'I try to ignore that, I don't know how to handle it. But I know it's a question. I just ignore it,' he said. 

'I know it's not true. It's negative.' 

Ty Carey set up a Facebook page Sunday morning to raise money for a reward and for 'expenses [Shane's] incurring during the search'. The page has raised $1,400 toward its $10,000 goal by early Monday.

The father also told FOX7 that the family had hired a private investigator to look into the case. 

Authorities have not offered an update in the search since Friday. 

Carey says he last saw Broussard when he left for work at around 6.40am on the day she disappeared. 

According to the missing persons report, Broussard arrived at the school with Margot to drop off her six-year-old son Silas at around 7.30am. 

A surveillance image released by police showed the mother dressed in a purple shirt on the campus about 20 minutes later. 

22276730-7795017-Heidi_Broussard_is_seen

Carey said Heidi called him at around 8am and expressed excitement over some books she'd bought for Silas at a school fair. 

He said he tried calling her again at around 1.40pm but her phone was turned off.  

Carey arrived home from work at around 2pm and said his fiancée and their baby were nowhere to be found. 

TIMELINE OF HEIDI BROUSSARD'S DISAPPEARANCE 
Below is a timeline from Thursday December 12, the day Heidi Broussard went missing with her two-week-old daughter Margot. 

6.40am - Broussard's fiancé Shane Carey says he woke the mother and their children up before leaving for work 

7.30am - Broussard arrives at Cowan Elementary school with Margot to drop off her six-year-old son Silas.

7.50am - Broussard is seen for the last time on surveillance video at the school

8am - Carey says he spoke to Broussard on the phone

1.40pm - Carey tries calling Broussard but her phone is off

2pm - Carey arrives home from work and Broussard and their daughter are nowhere to be found. The school calls around the same time to report that she hadn't picked Silas up after class

7.30pm - Carey reports Broussard and Margot missing to police   

He said Broussard's car was unlocked and her purse was inside, with her ID and bank cards still in it. The mother's keys and cellphone were the only things missing, he said.  

Soon after Carey said he got a call from the school saying that Broussard hadn't picked Silas up, so he went to get the boy himself.

He returned home and found the mother and daughter still missing, and contacted police several hours later.    

Speaking to Fox7, Carey said that when he first noticed Broussard was missing, he walked around the apartment complex 'going through dumpsters' to see if he could find her keys.  

'I sat outside to see any suspicions, anything that was weird,' he said. 'The next morning I sat out here for hours asking everybody if they'd seen or heard screaming, anything that was off or suspicious. They're all saying no.'

'I don't know what else to do, it's already the third day. It's getting scary,' he said with a small laugh.  

An emotional Carey repeated his account in another interview with KVUE Sunday in which he appears unsettled and overwhelmed. 

He paused a couple times to readjust himself, saying that he wanted to act more natural for the camera.  

'Okay I'm gonna I'm gonna call you back or something, I don't know what to do man. You make me nervous, you know...I just want to be natural man,' he said. 

'I just want to like...this is not...I don't know...get the word out there.' 

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Speaking to Fox7, Carey said that when he first noticed Broussard was missing, he walked around the apartment complex 'going through dumpsters' to see if he could find her keys.

That’s weird.

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

He paused a couple times to readjust himself, saying that he wanted to act more natural for the camera.  

'Okay I'm gonna I'm gonna call you back or something, I don't know what to do man. You make me nervous, you know...I just want to be natural man,' he said.

So’s that.

Then again people do weird shit under stress.  Should be pretty easy to see if he was accounted for at work all day and if his cell phone record checks out or has any dubious calls or texts over the last few months to people he could have hired.  

Is it weird that I would not talk to the news media and have all statements go through a lawyer if I was in that position? It is a lose lose deal in my eyes. If you killed your wife, you are going to say some stupid shit that will incriminate you. If your wife was abducted, the public will dissect every little mannerism/statement and form an opinion on your guilt in an insanely stressful time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Is it weird that I would not talk to the news media and have all statements go through a lawyer if I was in that position? It is a lose lose deal in my eyes. If you killed your wife, you are going to say some stupid shit that will incriminate you. If your wife was abducted, the public will dissect every little mannerism/statement and form an opinion on your guilt in an insanely stressful time. 

i would absolutely make myself available to authorities, but never the media.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i would absolutely make myself available to authorities, but never the media.

I would think regardless of guilt or innocence it would always be better to have an attorney present when talking to the authorities.

• Like 1

At the same time, people are going to ask why you needed a lawyer. Whether this guy is responsible or not, there are already a bunch of people who have made up their mind he is. Everything he does is the reason why he’s guilty. It’ll be on dateline in a couple months and they’ll explain how his mannerisms made it show he was the responsible party.

Or they’re faking it for money and their kids will grow up without their parents.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, sachick said:

Raw Video of interview. Definitely acting weird but not sure how one is supposed to act under these circumstances.

She gone.  Got the acid barrell treatment I reckon...

50664-1571040259.jpg

Edited by Cajun

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

That’s weird.

So’s that.

Then again people do weird shit under stress.  Should be pretty easy to see if he was accounted for at work all day and if his cell phone record checks out or has any dubious calls or texts over the last few months to people he could have hired.  

there are a ton of examples of innocence people looking guilty as hell. The on I remember the most is the Mexican mafia kid in Dallas with the missing/found dead girlfriend. I think they said he did the tv interview on a lot of xanex and look guilty as hell. DPD were ready to file charges until the DEA contacted them and told them he couldnt have done it because he was arrested in a drug sting the day she disappeared and was in fed custody when she was murdered by a creepy/stalky neighbor in her complex.

Edited by Doc Reeves

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

but i was taking a look at the london daily mail,

How on earth do you survive their endless assault of popups, spam, and autostart?  It won't let me read with an ad blocker, so screw them (the Daily Mail, not the south Austin mom.)

Edited by clapclapclap

The whole “he looks suspicious/innocent” shit is fucking pure ignorance. That means nothing. The woman from Seattle that was convicted in Italy of murder, Amanda something or other, is a classic example of someone looking guilty as hell to a majority’s expectation of “normal” behavior after her roommate’s murder. It turned out she was just a socially awkward chick. She had nothing to do with the murder and was later vindicated.

Meanwhile, there are endless stories of the guy or girl next door surprising everyone when it turned out they were guilty of heinous shit.

We project onto others our expectations of behavior and expect them to fit that pattern. When they don’t, there’s something you just know about them. Right. It is called “the assymetry of insight” and this board displays it in an exemplary way every minute of the day. You know more about someone you’ve never met better than they know themselves, but nobody knows you better than you. Uh huh. It’s fucking idiocy. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The whole “he looks suspicious/innocent” shit is fucking pure ignorance. That means nothing. The woman from Seattle that was convicted in Italy of murder, Amanda something or other, is a classic example of someone looking guilty as hell to a majority’s expectation of “normal” behavior after her roommate’s murder. It turned out she was just a socially awkward chick. She had nothing to do with the murder and was later vindicated.

Meanwhile, there are endless stories of the guy or girl next door surprising everyone when it turned out they were guilty of heinous shit.

We project onto others our expectations of behavior and expect them to fit that pattern. When they don’t, there’s something you just know about them. Right. It is called “the assymetry of insight” and this board displays it in an exemplary way every minute of the day. You know more about someone you’ve never met better than they know themselves, but nobody knows you better than you. Uh huh. It’s fucking idiocy. 

Exactly. Everyone acts all shocked when I let my 45 year old single white male neighbor with a wispy mustache who lives with his mother to watch my kids and I’m just like “shame on you for judging a book by its cover, I’m trying to help the guy out by giving him work since he just got out of prison for some crime I’m too busy to look up.” 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It is called “the assymetry of insight” and this board displays it in an exemplary way every minute of the day.

this is a weird take in a thread with these replies

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Then again people do weird shit under stress.

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

there are a ton of examples of innocence people looking guilty as hell.

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

The Nextdoor neighborhood women have already convicted and executed him.  Politely of course.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Is it weird that I would not talk to the news media and have all statements go through a lawyer if I was in that position? It is a lose lose deal in my eyes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Of course it happens way too much in society. But I think more often than not, on this board, it’s done in jest. I also hope they find your wife soon.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, elfenix said:

this is a weird take in a thread with these replies

Those aren’t the only takes on this thread. It’s also just cultural for this board. 

That considered, and to Hank’s absurdist point, we’ve also had the creepy tow truck guy and who knows what other creepers running through here over the years, so I get the natural reaction of blaming the obvious guy who looks like he’s auditioning for a Forensics Files murdering husband role. 

5 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

my wife was talking about this and i was only kind of listening, but i know she thinks the husband is to blame. 

but i was taking a look at the london daily mail, and it's very strange seeing an elementary school in my zip code mentioned. close to home, yada yada yada.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7796163/Tearful-fianc-denies-involved-disappearance-partner-two-week-old-daughter.html

22276730-7795017-Heidi_Broussard_is_seen

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Cajun said:

The Nextdoor neighborhood women have already convicted and executed him. 

Women tend to do that- statistically. 

theres a telling case of a man who got into a yelling fight with his wife and left to cool off. When he returned he found her raped and barely alive. They convict him based on her testimony that the last thing she remembered was seeing him enter the bedroom. Guy spends 26 years in the clink until DNA proves he didn’t do it and pointed to a guy already in the system. The original detective went and interviewed the guilty guy and due to the fact the falsely accused also happed to be a Marine, the guy confesses completely. 
the original detective and DA went to the wife and told her the news, that she was wrong and they caught the guy who actually did it. The woman refuses to this day to believe that anyone other than her former husband assaulted her. 

What if she's a childhood star who couldn't be domesticated? 
Does the husband have a hawt side piece with enormous breast for her frame?
Is Madea representing him in this matter?

Look, buddy. When referring to a very talented individual at the top of their industry, I’ll thank you to use their proper name.

It’s Emily Ratajkowski.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Amanda Knox also had the misfortune of being tried for a crime in Italy.

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Women tend to do that- statistically. 

theres a telling case of a man who got into a yelling fight with his wife and left to cool off. When he returned he found her raped and barely alive. They convict him based on her testimony that the last thing she remembered was seeing him enter the bedroom. Guy spends 26 years in the clink until DNA proves he didn’t do it and pointed to a guy already in the system. The original detective went and interviewed the guilty guy and due to the fact the falsely accused also happed to be a Marine, the guy confesses completely. 
the original detective and DA went to the wife and told her the news, that she was wrong and they caught the guy who actually did it. The woman refuses to this day to believe that anyone other than her former husband assaulted her. 

What is telling about this story? 

This is super sad. I mean it's always sad when an adult goes missing, but I just had a kid 3ish weeks ago as well and for someone to take the kid as well is straight evil - not that I don't care about the mom/woman, but a 3 week old won't survive a day or 2 without the most basic of care. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Some Chris Watts vibes going on with this case. Does anyone really think she's just missing? A woman two weeks post-partum? Those are some delicate times for both recovery and for the baby. Hope I'm wrong.

I will be very surprised if they are just missing. I'm also trying not to entertain the possibility that she harmed herself and the baby as a result of post-partum mental illness. More likely that her husband or someone she knows did it, but either way this is not going to have a happy ending.

9 minutes ago, austingirl said:

I will be very surprised if they are just missing. I'm also trying not to entertain the possibility that she harmed herself and the baby as a result of post-partum mental illness. More likely that her husband or someone she knows did it, but either way this is not going to have a happy ending.

I agree. A random bad guy wanting to kidnap/rape/kill a woman would leave the baby behind. I don't see her running away willingly taking her newborn but leaving her older kid behind. 

• Like 1

Hadn't really been paying attention to this until I saw Hayden point out the elementary school. According to Google maps, it's precisely 1.0 mile or 4 minutes from my house and was my previous voting location (they moved it to the Randall's further down on Brodie). So this literally hits close to home.

The area is weirdly undeveloped with lots of woods, karsts, and a nature preserve nearby. I don't want to speculate but there would be ample opportunity to hide bodies around here.

Edited by bolverk
Word order