missing south austin woman

hayden_horn

Has anyone ever successfully stolen a baby? At some point that story has got to unravel. Doesn't look like the dad. No birth certificate. "Hey, when were you pregnant?"
Seems like a high risk, low reward crime.
There was a case years ago in Florida where a woman walked into a hospital in scrubs and took a baby. It was born to a teen Mom, idk if she knew but it might have played a part in picking that particular baby. The woman who took her raised her as her own but at some point, the girl realized something was wrong. She basically solved the case. It was a really tragic story.

I believe this case was one that brought a big push to really have better security for newborns (as well as hospitals mixing up babies on occasion).

Thanks.  I guess it was just a case of the media not wanting to focus on him in the story I read.  Glad he has his little girl back.  
Apparently there was another guy - possibly connected to Maygen - claiming to be the father, so the baby was put into foster care until the dna testing could be completed.
  • Like 1

Has anyone ever successfully stolen a baby? At some point that story has got to unravel. Doesn't look like the dad. No birth certificate. "Hey, when were you pregnant?"
Seems like a high risk, low reward crime.
There have been some stories recently:

- an investigator submitted dna to Ancestry.com and similar sites to see if they could get a hit and found a 50+‐yr-old man in Michigan who'd been stolen from a hospital at 2 days old in the 60s by a woman dressed as a nurse who told the mom she was taking the baby for a checkup. The mom is still alive in her 80s. In a twist, two years later police found a 2-yr-old boy on the streets that had some similar physical characteristics and the mom and dad formally adopted the boy and gave him the name they had given the baby. DNA tests in 2013 proved it wasn't their son which prompted the recent fishing investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/boy-kidnapped-in-1964-found-through-ancestry-sites/2019/12/20/b47c9546-237a-11ea-b034-de7dc2b5199b_story.html

https://www.insideedition.com/man-learns-true-identity-years-after-being-given-to-couple-whose-son-was-stolen-as-an-infant-57705

- I seem to remember reading about a black woman in her 20s or 30s who needed a birth certificate and it came out she had been stolen as a baby.

Here it is:

http://nymag.com/news/features/carlina-white-2011-10/

- here's another:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/us/alexis-anigo-kamiyah-mobley-kidnapping.amp.html

Yeah both my kids were born at St David’s North, and it was impressive the thoroughness they take...baby and mom had bracelets that flashed a heart when put together, also set off an alarm before the exit doors, even as the dad I had to get buzzed onto the ward, warning signs and cameras everywhere.  Always wonder what asshole made that necessary (outside of the bracelets put on at birth to identify mom/baby as a pair.)

In addition that place is such a gotdam maze I don’t know how you’d jet in and out quickly anyways.  

There was a case years ago in Florida where a woman walked into a hospital in scrubs and took a baby. It was born to a teen Mom, idk if she knew but it might have played a part in picking that particular baby. The woman who took her raised her as her own but at some point, the girl realized something was wrong. She basically solved the case. It was a really tragic story.

I believe this case was one that brought a big push to really have better security for newborns (as well as hospitals mixing up babies on occasion).

I think there’s a lifetime movie coming out about that in a couple weeks.

Not only do I hope nothing ever befalls my wife for the normal reasons, but also because of attitudes like so many posters in the beginning of this thread and on Nextdoor would have me suspected, tried, and executed. Everyone was so sure the fiancé did it. Then when it was clear OU Maegyn did it, people still throwing out the fiancé as an accomplice because the baby wasn’t his. JFC! Ever think that if he was that upset because she got knocked up in a threesome with another dude, he could just call off the engagement? A lot easier, cleaner, and more moral than staging a kidnapping and murder with her trailer trash friend from church group. Merry Christmas holy shit. 

• Like 2

Not only do I hope nothing ever befalls my wife for the normal reasons, but also because of attitudes like so many posters in the beginning of this thread and on Nextdoor would have me suspected, tried, and executed. Everyone was so sure the fiancé did it. Then when it was clear OU Maegyn did it, people still throwing out the fiancé as an accomplice because the baby wasn’t his. JFC! Ever think that if he was that upset because she got knocked up in a threesome with another dude, he could just call off the engagement? A lot easier, cleaner, and more moral than staging a kidnapping and murder with her trailer trash friend from church group. Merry Christmas holy shit. 

Yeah, it's why the Innocence Project exists.
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 5:00 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

Where did the story about her getting pregnant from a three don’t come from?

On 12/25/2019 at 5:00 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

I was one who thought the bf did it. I was wrong, no big deal.  We are posters on Surly, not sworn members of a jury.  Next time a girl disappears I will still suspect the bf/husband first. Will I declare him guilty and demand he be out to death?  No, but my initial suspicion will be there and there’s nothing wrong with that.  I don’t see why that’s a big deal as long as the conversation is nothing more than speculation.  I’m glad to have been wrong about this one. Hope I’m wrong about the next one too. 

Not sure if you were referring to me about questioning the guys legitimacy as the father. I did question it, but only because the wording was weird in the article about the baby’s return to family from foster care. I didn’t know what the facts were so I asked about. Someone quickly cleared it up.  Cool. I’m glad to have learned he’s the father and has his baby girl back. But I don’t feel bad about wondering about it given the way things were described by the media. 

On 12/25/2019 at 4:00 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

Well obviously the father brainwashed the friend and her bf into taking the kid and killing the woman. Now he has his baby and he’s in the clear, and no custody issues.  I don’t need proof of something so obvious.