missing south austin woman

hayden_horn

41 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Anecdotal and I’m not a Dr, but I had PPD after my second child, and two weeks out I was still feeling pretty good from the hormones. I suppose every woman is different, but it was somewhere around the 4-6 week mark that I was underwater. 

I hope they are okay, but I fear that this won’t end well. 

If she had PPD after the first kid it likely reared back up pretty quickly after the second one. That's what happened to me.

Mrs. Tailgate has been following this. Not sure if it’s in the thread but some YouTube mystery solver with @ 200k followers said he got an email from a man claiming to be the father of the baby that is missing. So, theory is current fiancé raged when he found out this kid wasn’t his.

Who knows what really happened...but crazy shit...and agree with earlier posts....no one deserves to disappear like this...especially a three-week-old baby.

Edited by Tailgate

7 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Mrs. Tailgate has been following this. Not sure if it’s in the thread but some YouTube mystery solver with @ 200k followers said he got an email from a man claiming to be the father of the baby that is missing. So, theory is current fiancé raged when he found out this kid wasn’t his.

Who knows what really happened...but crazy shit...and agree with earlier posts....no one deserves to disappear like this...especially a three-week-old baby.

Who knows but here is the video you are referencing. 

Sure seems like the boyfriend could be cleared pretty easy if he’s innocent. The report says he’d just come home from work. And he’d answered a call from the school on his cell so they could get a rough location on him at that time. Unless he works really close to their apartment, that’s two solid data points that could rule him out.

Or those two data points could put him at the top of the list if they show he’s lying.

But I’m going with “the boyfriend did it” for now. Living nearby with a wife and baby makes the alternative a lot harder to deal with.

Watching now, actually no news at all.  No news on electronic footprint, no persons of interest, officers haven't been able to glean any additional information from nearby video recordings or in person interviews, etc.

Basically we ain't got shit.

One of my co-workers has a daughter that is friends with the missing woman's daughter. I guess he saw her very recently when she came and picked up her kid from his house. I immediately started questioning him. He is now person if interest no 1. At least that is what I am posting on next door.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, HOOKEM4 said:

One of my co-workers has a daughter that is friends with the missing woman's daughter. I guess he saw her very recently when she came and picked up her kid from his house. I immediately started questioning him. He is now person if interest no 1. At least that is what I am posting on next door.

Thank you for your service to the community. 

10 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

You are so brave, Neighbor #11

10 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Have you verified the daughter’s alibi then?

2 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Did you tell the assholes on the next block to start picking up their dog’s shit, or I’m going to collect and paint their fucking windows with it.   Also, they need to leash their fucking dog.  

2 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

We must stay vigilant. We must...

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 6:27 PM, austingirl said:

What is telling about this story? 

I was trying to find the actual study, but a gender difference exists in how men and women perceive wrong doing, asses guilt and remember victimization due to the fact that women have been and still are the most victimized social group in human history. 

Women posses superior intuitive perception and remember with their emotions as well as their recall. When these perceptions are reinforced by others the ‘cold hard facts’ are not always enough to make a woman stop trusting her gut where as men tend to attempt (almost always unsuccessfully) to suspend emotion and put more faith in “the facts”.  

the most important aspect iirc is the actual “reinforcement” of their perceptions by others they trust. 

Been following this like a lot of you. Hoping for the best outcome. 

🥺

I always worry about the possibility that someone who wanted the baby could have done it as well. While not overly common there are women who befriend expectant mothers and mothers with newborns on social media under false pretenses. Mainly, so they can take the baby and pass it off as their own. I sincerely don’t have any read on this story and I do follow true crime a lot. Hoping for the best is all I got right now. 

It does sound like though they have multiple agencies involved here so hopefully they will be able to figure out quickly what is going on. 

• Like 2

Well (TLDR already yes I know! TLDR) disclaimer. If you are following this case you have to read this interview:

Reporter is on the phone conducting the interview. In the room with Shane is at least one cameraman, and probably at least one second reporter or news staff person. Possibly his Dad is there also. I can’t tell who is there, and I can’t tell who in the room is talking, so I have labelled them “Reporter” for the woman on the phone, and “Camerman/Reporter2” for the other people talking in the room with SC.

Reporter: <unintelligible>

SC: Yes it's my fiancee, yes ma'am. Yeah I look down when I talk I'm sorry I'm only looking down the whole time probably. 

Reporter: .. what kind of day was it...<unintelligible>

SC: Just a basic Thursday, we have basically have a routine every day. I get up around 6:00 a.m. and pretty much hit the snooze button a couple times and then I finally wake up around 6:15, drink some water, uh, wake up the kids around 6:30, wake up Heidi and Silas right before I leave, uh. So like once I got them up on Thursday it's kind of a later morning it was around 6:40 whenever I got them up and cause it was Heidi's first day to actually take Margot by herself with uh Silas so first gave Heidi kiss, the baby kissm and Silas a kill, said 'have a wonderful day', left the Apartments, went to work and then she takes her kids to school and she she was making lunch like right before I left, uh. Uh, she took the kids school so, I don't know, ah. Uh so at around 8 o'clock she called me, answered the phone like right before I got in my truck, I work for Unicorn Moving, so she called me around 8:00 and she told me that she went to the book fair, she bought three books, costs about $25, it was amazing that she couldn't wait to read to Silas and I told her ‘I love you goodbye’ and uh… This is hard. 

Reporter: Take your time

SC: Yeah. So uh… Oh man. I don’t know right now. I’ve just been repeating it all day 

Reporter: Let me know if you want me to move on to another subject

SC: No, no it's a good question, it’s just that we’re in a situation right here. So I don’t know. I don’t know, she’s just an amazing mom. I don't know. Pause. I don’t know. I need to stand up, I don’t know, I can't sit here, this is making me so … I feel funny.

Cameraman: Do you want … standing… 

SC: I don't know, yeah, I’m not good in this situation, uh, yeah … 

<SC STANDS>

<CAMERMAN REFRAMES CAMERA>

<INTERVIEW RESUMES>

Reporter: How long have you and Heidi lived in Austin?

SC: So we've been living in Austin, we moved from Louisiana about five years ago. So we’ve been here so what about five years? I believe so, …

Camerman/Reporter2: Yeah, something like that, yeah, yeah.

SC: Four or five years. We came from Louisiana, long story short my ex-wife with my beautiful daughter Addison came down here as soon as my dad got cancer. He's cancer freed now, that’s not the main story but yeah. So we were on the pipeline traveling so we had to come down here so we moved back to Austin, all my family's here so.

Camerman/Reporter2: …Don’t do that man. I know it’s hard to not be swaying… <unintelligible, trying to get SC to stop moving>

SC: OK yeah. I’m sorry.

Camerman/Reporter2: No, you’re doing great.

SC: OK yeah.

Camerman/Reporter2: I just want you to look good.

SC: Yeah, thank you. So uh yeah, we moved down here about five years ago.

Reporter: <unintelligible>

SC: Yes I found amazing friends… oh this is so hard <he can’t hear the reporter>…I can’t pick up the phone? Did you say did I make any friends?

<Lots of overtalking while they coach him to pick up and hold the phone so he can hear the reporter better>

SC: Yeah yeah yeah okay so it's like I'm uh I'm originally from Austin, like I want to Leander high school…

Camerman/Reporter2: Just pick up the phone and then just hold it.

SC: Just hold it? OK, so just down here.

Camerman/Reporter2: Yeah

SC: So I basically went to Leander high school, I I like already have friends over here and they have been very supportive since what happened with Heidi and Margot. It’s hard to <?look up?> But uh…

Reporter: Is there anyone in Austin who you don’t have a good relationship with? <unintelligible>

SC: Uh there's nobody now where this is, we have a loving and great family, Heidi has great friends, she is the most awesome person in the world, loving mom, she supports everything everybody does, she could have like four dollars in the bank account and just still want to give. So she's a great person, so is Margo our beautiful three week old daughter, so uh yeah. There's no no enemies there's there's nothing that would be negative or anybody would want to harm us at all. No.

Reporter: And was Heidi, you know, the morning she weant missing, was her demeanor any different, or ..

Camerman/Reporter2 <they talk over reporter>: Should I get some kleenex?…Do you want some kleenex?...

SC: No, I’m good. Yeah. What's that <to the reporter on the phone>? I’m sorry.

Reporter: The morning Heidi went missing, did her demeanor seem any different? Or was it, you know, just like a regular day for her too?

SC: It was a regular day so like what I was trying

Camerman/Reporter2: Make sure <?> that phone down a little bit?

SC: Oh. OK. So like what I was trying to explain it was a normal day, it was uh I woke up at six like I pretty much do my thirty minutes of my routine right before I get them up, they get a little extra 30 minutes of sleep and then I get them up and then my fiance Heidi wakes up with the kids and we start making lunch, or she started making lunch and I kissed them goodbye, told him have a great day school, and then I pretty much leave for work, and then once I get to work by the time she drops him off I'm like getting to my trucks around like seven forty seven forty five and we always made contact like right before I get in my truck and then go to work which they just went to the book fair and they bought three books it's like twenty five dollars and she couldn't wait to read to Silas whenever she whenever his house got home we just bought three brand-new books which is right here inside the house and that's the last time I actually made contact with her. 

Camerman/Reporter2: Shane so drop that phone down a little bit, try to talk <unintelligible>

<They talk over each other while readjusting SC>

SC: It doesn’t feel natural at all.

Camerman/Reporter2: I know, I know, I’m sorry.

SC: It’s like … doesn’t feel natural.

Camerman/Reporter2: I know.

SC: OK, um. Um. What was the next question?

Reporter: Yeah, yeah, can you just talk a little bit more about when and where was the last time you saw Heidi?

SC: Yeah it was actually like before I left this morning at 6:40. I left the house at 6:40. Um. Yeah. <distracted by the light> Yeah I like I left the house <unintelligible, ?gonna look at the light?> I lef the house at 6:40 and that's the last time I spoke to my uh son yeah I can't this is this is weird …

Cameraman/Reporter2: I know, I know.

SC: You’re moving my dad, you’re …

<talk over each other>

SC: Like I can't be professional, okay I'm I'm gonna call you back or something <says to reporter on the phone>.

SC: I don't know what to do man you make me nervous <walks off camera>

Cameraman/Reporter2: Do you want a different phone?

SC: I don’t know. <raises voice> I just want to be natural, man, I just want to like, this is not, I don't know…

<Video stopped>

<Video started. Shane now back in camera>

Cameraman/Reporter2: …try to look at the camera, where you want to look at …<unintelligible>

SC: Yeah, man I’m sorry.

Cameraman/Reporter2: No, you’re doing OK…. <they talk over each other>….

<Is this possibly his dad speaking?:>…no pressure, no nothing, if it works it works, if it don’t it don’t. That’s just the way we gotta do it.

SC: I just want to get the word out there I don't care how I look.

<talking over each other>

SC: OK

Reporter: Yeah, so my other question was um is there anything important of Heidi’s that’s like missing right now, like is her cell phone there, um you know anything valuable missing…

SC: There's nothing valuable missing, her purse and her wallet and everything was up here, her cell phone is missing it’s been turned off whenever I pulled up around 1:40 it's been off since then. So uh like the car seat, everything is upstairs, there's no signs of anything. There’s…

Reporter: Alright, and um how like how long have you and Heidi been together, I mean as long as you’ve known her, has she ever disappeared before? Has she ever you know, just you know gone off the grid? Or anything like that?

SC: No. No ma’am, she would never disappear, she is an amazing mom she would never we have a six-year-old son named Silas, beautiful kid she would never leave him. Nah… she would never do this. She just she wouldn't do this.

Reporter: If you could confirm a couple of details though, how old is Margot?

SC: Margo, uh she was born on the 26th of November, so three weeks, how? Yeah three weeks, about three weeks.

Reporter: OK and um this is one of my last questions, but, you know, if you could say anything to Heidi right now, like if she was gonna watch the newscast, what would you want to tell her?

SC: I want to tell her to uh please come home, you know your family's here, she wouldn’t do this. I'm not telling her this. I'm telling for the sake of the family, she has a beautiful kid, she has beautiful family, a beautiful dog named Zeus, she uh she would not do this by herself, she would she would not be doing this. This is definitely something that happened that was wrong, so anybody that could share, post, do anything, one second helps to save a beautiful family, beautiful kid, just anything you could do, just reach out. If you don't know me, I don't care, if you see the post, if you see this news, reach out keep your eyes open, just be open-minded. Anything suspicious, do anything you can to help. Please. This is a three week old baby out there, and a mom, and a son that’s missing her mom, and family.

Reporter: And if you could say anything to the person that she and Margot might be with, what would you say to them?

SC: Her and Margot might what? I’m sorry.

Reporter: If you could say anything to, you know, the person that she might be with, like the person, cause you said she wouldn’t do this on her own. So if you could say something to the person who may be involved in the disappearance … <unintelligible>

SC: If you’re involved, uh, I don't care, uh set her to the side, she’ll find her way home, just bring her home safe, or put her somewhere safe, her and the baby just feed the baby, only three weeks old. Just find a way you won't be in trouble, just drop her off, she has a beautiful family. Drop her off anywhere, I don't care, just make sure she's safe and okay, and the baby's okay. And then right away I don't know. I just want her home safe, doesn’t have to be here, just drop her off somewhere safe. If it is somebody, just please come home, or drop her off by my doorstep, I don’t care. Just bring my family home. 

Reporter: Alright Shane, well that was all of my questions. Um, if there is anything else you wanted to say or wanted to talk about? Anything that I missed?

SC: No just I love you Heidi, I love you more … Just anybody that could support us in any way possible. I’m about to be off, so there's any support any old friends, share, post, like, anything, contacting anybody if you see her, just do whatever you can, we definitely appreciate it. 

Reporter: Well Shane, thank you for taking the time to speak with us. It’s been a very difficult interview. We greatly appreciate it. Um, and yeah, we’re going to get the story out and hopefully they’ll come home soon. So thank you again for the interview.

SC: Yeah thank you so much.

<end>

8 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Where are you getting that feeling from in that text?

Never says “our baby” or “our daughter” Jmo ofcourse but he says my son or my daughter or my wife. Never says “our baby” the child in question that is missing. Never says my daughter. 

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Never says “our baby” or “our daughter” Jmo ofcourse but he says my son or my daughter or my wife. Never says “our baby” the child in question that is missing. Never says my daughter. 

Actually he does.

SC: Uh there's nobody now where this is, we have a loving and great family, Heidi has great friends, she is the most awesome person in the world, loving mom, she supports everything everybody does, she could have like four dollars in the bank account and just still want to give. So she's a great person, so is Margo our beautiful three week old daughter, so uh yeah. There's no no enemies there's there's nothing that would be negative or anybody would want to harm us at all. No

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Also if the baby in question were mine biologically I’d be screaming “bring my/our daughter home!” He never says “my” daughter about Margot. The baby. 

I can see your point somewhat but to be fair, that second baby can kind of have a hard time bonding with dad right away sometimes. I didn't really get attached to mine for many months because she was on the titty constantly, I was constantly doing stuff with the first kid, etc. 

I didn't read anything that made me think he's guilty in that. But he definitely seems like a dumbass so he probably did it.

Since nothing has been solved yet and the cops are pretty quiet I think they have a suspect. They just need to nail down the proof.

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

I can see your point somewhat but to be fair, that second baby can kind of have a hard time bonding with dad right away sometimes. I didn't really get attached to mine for many months because she was on the titty constantly, I was constantly doing stuff with the first kid, etc. 

You should have hopped on the other titty for a little bonding time.

• Like 2

He was extremely detailed about the morning but loses it and gets stressed/nervous when getting closer to the time she went missing. He doesn’t finish what happened after the morning. Like maybe he did something and as he approaches that time in his story he can’t handle.

Need to go look for an article or something that goes over the timeline. Heard he got home like at 1:30 and school called at 2 but school isn’t out until almost 3 isn’t it? And then waited until 7:30 to call the cops even though all her stuff was still at home and her phone turned off?

I chalk that up to just a little sloppiness in the details of reporting.  If he had lied about receiving a phone call from the school that would’ve been the easiest thing in the world to follow up on and find out.  The report said he got home around 2pm and got a phone call from school “Soon after.”  Soon after could be read as five minutes or could’ve actually been an hour or more.  Either way, I’m sure it’s one of the very first things they checked up on. Assuming they have their top men working in shifts. 

Has this guy every explained what he did from 2pm when he got home until 6pm when he picked up the older child from school?  He's very detailed about the morning routine, but doesn't go into the most important part of the day..  not to mention, neighbors heard arguing from the apartment that afternoon...

He may have acted suspiciously on TV, but the detectives will let him sweat and then interrogate him. I still have seen anything that implies guilt, so if I’m a detective I’m going to follow the evidence and keep close tabs on hubby for now while I follow other leads to block off any red herrings or bullshit hubby might throw at me when I circle back to him. 

the TV interview is great because it gives me a locked down account he can’t squirm out of. If I were to interrogate him for 16hr, he seems like a guy who would crack. I would just ask him to come in voluntarily to clear up some stuff and “help” the investigation. If he brings a lawyer, he won’t be allowed in the room until the interrogation turns from questioning to accusatory and count on after 8-12hrs he would forget to ask for one when I turned on him.

Now, maybe the guy is guilty of something just not murder. Maybe he was having an affair and was with his lover, or a prostitute, or he a closet drug user- there are lots of reasons he could be trying to hide info from the police, but my priority is not assessing guilt at this point, it’s building a case the DA can win with strong evidence.

Edited by Doc Reeves

5 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

He may have acted suspiciously on TV, but the detectives will let him sweat and then interrogate him. I still have seen anything that implies guilt, so if I’m a detective I’m going to follow the evidence and keep close tabs on hubby for now while I follow other leads to block off any red herrings or bullshit hubby might throw at me when I circle back to him. 

the TV interview is great because it gives me a locked down account he can’t squirm out of. If I were to interrogate him for 16hr, he seems like a guy who would crack. I would just ask him to come in voluntarily to clear up some stuff and “help” the investigation. If he brings a lawyer, he won’t be allowed in the room until the interrogation turns from questioning to accusatory and count on after 8-12hrs he would forget to ask for one when I turned on him.

Now, maybe the guy is guilty of something just not murder. Maybe he was having an affair and was with his lover, or a prostitute, or he a closet drug user- there are lots of reasons he could be trying to hide info from the police, but my priority is not assessing guilt at this point, it’s building a case the DA can win with strong evidence.

You are much too logical for this board.  He's guilty and you will like it.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw8KHWBUhbU4d0xWWE_GY