Love Your Heart? Love Your Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Mrs Whiggins

16 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Good news for those of us that like some heat:

I could have put this in the Daily Texan, but I have seen you all post some great recipes with peppers so I put it in the food thread.

From the article:

While chilis may be heart-healthy, a University of South Australia study published in July warned that a diet rich with spicy foods could lead to dementia. That 15-year study of 4,582 Chinese adults over the age of 55 showed a decline in a person’s cognitive functions among those who ate more than 50 grams of chili daily.[/.quote]

Just fucking wonderful, you don't die of a heart attack, you just go retarded...

That 15-year study of 4,582 Chinese adults over the age of 55 showed a decline in a person’s cognitive functions among those who ate more than 50 grams of chili daily.

50 grams is equivalent to ~4 tablespoons of cayenne powder or 2 to 3 1/2 whole jalapenos per day.

Pretty sure my asshole would tear the fabric of spacetime if I ate 50 grams of chili every fucking day.

3 hours ago, smuggs said:

50 grams is equivalent to ~4 tablespoons of cayenne powder or 2 to 3 1/2 whole jalapenos per day.

Pretty sure my asshole would tear the fabric of spacetime if I ate 50 grams of chili every fucking day.

Hmmmm, not sure sending PM is good idea or not.