Harrell stays at USC

Gil Bang

$1.2 million seems like a lot. Until you think about what we could have paid if Tom really wanted Harrell. Seems pretty obvious to me that Mensa never had any intention of making a run at Harrell - because we could have doubled that. I'm going to assume that all of the rumors about him not wanted to mess with "his" offense were true. It's not quite promoting-Bobby-Jack-Wright level bad, but I'm guessing the boosters who would have paid through the nose for Harrell aren't happy. On the plus side, you can probably start counting the days until Herman is gone. If that's what it takes, I guess I can live with that.

Chris Ash and Rhett Lashlee/Major Applewhite, come on down. Let's get this asshole fired sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, campcrunk said:

$1.2 million seems like a lot. Until you think about what we could have paid if Tom really wanted Harrell. Seems pretty obvious to me that Mensa never had any intention of making a run at Harrell - because we could have doubled that. I'm going to assume that all of the rumors about him not wanted to mess with "his" offense were true. It's not quite promoting-Bobby-Jack-Wright level bad, but I'm guessing the boosters who would have paid through the nose for Harrell aren't happy. On the plus side, you can probably start counting the days until Herman is gone. If that's what it takes, I guess I can live with that.

Chris Ash and Rhett Lashlee/Major Applewhite, come on down. Let's get this asshole fired sooner rather than later.

We're on the right track in that regard. Lost our best WR recruit to TCU and about to get blown out by Utah in the Alamo Bowl. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Could be that GH overplayed his hand. Wanted 2M a year which is why his agent hired FCB. Wanted to hire his staff, full autonomy. That should never be the case for an assistant here. If it is, we have the wrong HC. To that, we'll find out next season.

GH can enjoy his 8 wins at sc next year, playing in front of 56K.

Edited by Goodman

because his offense kicked the shit out of Bama for a championship with a 3rd string QB. Asking why Herman believes in his offense is beyond retarded. 

The only thing retarded is saying that something that worked four years ago will still work today in a rapidly changing offensive environment. Hey let’s run the wishbone. It won national championships. Even Alabama has rapidly changed both it’s offensive and defensive approach in the last four years.

Edit: and look at what’s happened in the nfl in the last two years: Rams, Arizona, etc. Change or die.

• Like 1

His style of offense is the highest scoring offense in the country (see Ohio State). We don’t currently have the QB or the staff to make it as effective as it can be.

That team has some of the best, if not the absolute best, talent in the country. We aren’t there yet. Any offense looks great with the best talent. It’s about winning when you don’t have the best talent.

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

because his offense kicked the shit out of Bama for a championship with a 3rd string QB. Asking why Herman believes in his offense is beyond retarded. 

Ah yes, the same offense that produced 8 three and outs against Iowa States and 3 points against Baylor. 

20 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Lol no one wants to come here. We are now a stepping stone for shit coaches in hopes of landing a better gig

He had a nearly impossible task. Coupled with the fact that he’s an unlikeable prick, the chances of him saving his tenure here through these hires is in the single digits.

hopefully another year of shit will put whoever matters on the Urban train.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Green Chili Tiger said:

Wasn't Mensa Tom hired for his Offensive Prowess? Doesn't he just need someone that can implement his offense?

Honestly, we need to start smaller than that. Let's start by looking for someone who doesn't give away the play based on where the running back is and go from there.

Edited by campcrunk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Ah yes, the same offense that produced 8 three and outs against Iowa States and 3 points against Baylor. 

That wasn’t the offense that failed. It was the gameplan and playcalling. We ran the ball once in the second half until our final possession. That’s stupid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Could be that GH overplayed his hand. Wanted 2M a year which is why his agent hired FCB. Wanted to hire his staff, full autonomy. That should never be the case for an assistant here. If it is, we have the wrong HC. To that, we'll find out next season.   GH can enjoy his 8 wins at sc next year, playing in front of 56K.

Hey @Sbbruin

Gonna be even more fun pulling for USC to get their asses kicked in 2020... Hope BAMA beats USC by over 30pts in JerryWorld!!               

2020 USC Football Schedule

Saturday
Sep. 5
Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedule vs Alabama Crimson TideAT&T Stadium, Arlington, Tx    
Saturday
Sep. 12
New Mexico Football Schedule New Mexico LobosLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Saturday
Nov. 28
Notre Dame Football Schedule Notre Dame Fighting IrishLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
2020 Pac-12 Games - Dates TBA
Date TBA Arizona Football Schedule at Arizona WildcatsArizona Stadium, Tucson, AZ    
Date TBA Oregon Ducks Football Schedule at Oregon DucksAutzen Stadium, Eugene, OR    
Date TBA Stanford Football Schedule at Stanford CardinalStanford Stadium, Stanford, CA    
Date TBA UCLA Football Schedule at UCLA BruinsRose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, CA    
Date TBA Arizona State Football Schedule Arizona State Sun DevilsLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Date TBA California Football Schedule California Golden BearsLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Date TBA Colorado Football Schedule Colorado BuffaloesLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Date TBA Washington Football Schedule Washington HuskiesLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Date TBA Utah Utes Football Schedule at Utah UtesRice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT    
Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Could be that GH overplayed his hand. Wanted 2M a year which is why his agent hired FCB. Wanted to hire his staff, full autonomy. That should never be the case for an assistant here. If it is, we have the wrong HC. To that, we'll find out next season.

GH can enjoy his 8 wins at sc next year, playing in front of 56K.

None of that shit happened, GH is the Tom Herman of 2019. Its pretty obvious there hasn't been a search and he never had any intention of hiring anyone yet. Tom Herman was unwilling to humble himself and hire someone who might get credit for a turn around and its going to cost him his job. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Tom-Herman-Graham-Harrell-search-for-offensive-coordinator-USC-139956018/

Interesting quote:  "Sources close to Harrell said there was some concern about how involved Herman would be in the offense. Two sources told Horns247.com that Harrell contacted Herman on Dec. 6 to remove himself from consideration by Texas. But Texas sources said, as of late last week, conversations between the two were still ongoing."

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

That team has some of the best, if not the absolute best, talent in the country. We aren’t there yet. Any offense looks great with the best talent. It’s about winning when you don’t have the best talent.

too bad we can't recruit at fucking Texas.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

having a bunch of jags at oline will do that to you, we absolutely couldn't run block two plays in a row. I don't give a fuck what offense is run, we ain't doing shit till the oline is fixed. 

Harrell is not the answer he is pretty unproven at this point so far with him USC has won games against MOST of the teams you would expect them to beat with any old OC

sure that is not all on him he has a shit coach, but they lost to BYU scoring 27 points.....their other 3 losses they scored 14, 27, and 27

Toledo and South Florida (that is Charlie) put 28 and 27 points on BYU a couple of weeks later

Lashlee would be a much better choice and someone where you can see a real improvement year over year with much more experience

Edited by ButtFumble

Jesus how the fucking fuck can Herman think his offense is better than an OU offense that carved up everyone with transfer QB’s. It’s unbelievable how stupid this administration is. Even Mack Brown figured it out.
You speak of those transfer qbs like they were 3rd string western kentucky guys looking for PT.

Did you know they won a trophy called the Heisman? Its pretty important.

17 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

Harrell is not the answer he is pretty unproven at this point so far with him USC has won games against MOST of the teams you would expect them to beat with any old OC

sure that is not all on him he has a shit coach, but they lost to BYU scoring 27 points.....their other 3 losses they scored 14, 27, and 27

Toledo and South Florida (that is Charlie) put 28 and 27 points on BYU a couple of weeks later

Lashlee would be a much better choice and someone where you can see a real improvement year over year with much more experience

Get the fuck out of here with this actual logic

Get the fuck out of here with this actual logic
Somewhat on board here with this.

I remember last year when bro was going to be the OC at usc, then he went nfl. USC was scrambling for a week or two then picked up the oc from north fucking texas.

Yea he may prove in years to come to be good, but he hasn't yet. Texas and usc has about the same yards this past season. This isnt a huge loss.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Hey @Sbbruin

Gonna be even more fun pulling for USC to get their asses kicked in 2020... Hope BAMA beats USC by over 30pts in JerryWorld!!               

2020 USC Football Schedule

Saturday
Sep. 5
Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedule vs Alabama Crimson TideAT&T Stadium, Arlington, Tx    
Saturday
Sep. 12
New Mexico Football Schedule New Mexico LobosLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Saturday
Nov. 28
Notre Dame Football Schedule Notre Dame Fighting IrishLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
2020 Pac-12 Games - Dates TBA
Date TBA Arizona Football Schedule at Arizona WildcatsArizona Stadium, Tucson, AZ    
Date TBA Oregon Ducks Football Schedule at Oregon DucksAutzen Stadium, Eugene, OR    
Date TBA Stanford Football Schedule at Stanford CardinalStanford Stadium, Stanford, CA    
Date TBA UCLA Football Schedule at UCLA BruinsRose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, CA    
Date TBA Arizona State Football Schedule Arizona State Sun DevilsLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Date TBA California Football Schedule California Golden BearsLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Date TBA Colorado Football Schedule Colorado BuffaloesLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Date TBA Washington Football Schedule Washington HuskiesLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA    
Date TBA Utah Utes Football Schedule at Utah UtesRice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT    

After that Oregon loss and sitting at 2-3, Helton will finally be shit canned.