Best vacuum sealer

Mine is biting the dust. Had it for about 10 years.

Anyhow, I go to central market in dallas and load up on fish and chicken. Like $450 each time and come home and vacuum it. But my current sealer fails recently sucking all the air out and the bag is essentially a ziploc bag.

So.

Need a new one. Any recs?

I bought this thing to do some holiday food, not sure if the duty cycle is what you need based on how much you do at a time (you'll want to let it cool down every couple seals), but it was cheap and works really well. Was on sale for less than $50 at the time.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B4W5PMB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another option if you tend to work yours pretty hard, is go buy whatever Foodsaver at Costco, and if you kill it in the first year or 2, just return it to Costco.

Its been a long while now, that costco switched their foodsaver model from vertical to horizontal.  The difference being the sealing edge was at the lip of the vertical model, and moved into somewhere middle of the unit.

That means a lot of wasted bag space both direction of the seal, in the bag and to the cutting edge.

They might've switched it back

• 4 months later...

Looking at picking up a chamber sealer and I was all set to buy the VacMaster 215 until I checked Costco's site and they have the MaxVac Pro for $300 less than the VacMaster.  Both have similar specs, so I would expect performance to be similar.  Anyone have experience with the MaxVac Pro?  I can't find much online, which is not particularly reassuring.  But Costco's great return policy would cover me if it takes a shit, or if it is shit.

https://www.costco.com/maxvac-pro-chamber-vacuum-sealer.product.100536866.html

Edited by Chewbacca