So, it's my observation that anti-gay "Christian" dudes really like cock

Gil Bang

J Abnorm Psychol. 1996 Aug;105(3):440-5.

Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?

Author information

Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602-3013, USA.

Abstract

The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.

PMID:

DOI:

10.1037//0021-843x.105.3.440
  • Like 4

It occurred to me years ago that maybe we should consider the anti-homosexuals' claim that homosexuality is a choice. Maybe those people are making a choice between homosexual desires and heterosexual mandates. They become what my brother described as sick queens filled with self-loathing which manifests itself homophobia.

39 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

100%, when a person is over the top anti gay, that person is in the closet. Take it to the bank 

yeah. i didn't used to think this, but i've come around to this way of thinking. the manifestation of "every republican accusation is a confession" has really opened my eyes.

why would you be so hung up on gay sex if gay sex wasn't on your mind, bothering you somehow? i have zero thoughts about gay sex. well, except for the lesbian kind. if anyone watched the hbo series dream on back in the day, there was a great episode where martin says that he is "a lesbian trapped in a man's body." i always thought that was kind of funny in a non trans way. all dudes love to watch two chicks get it on.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

100%, when a person is over the top anti gay, that person is in the closet. Take it to the bank 

true + when a person is over the top on anything and talking to goddamn much they are 100% the opposite of whatever hot air is coming out their mouth. learned that shit at an early age and it is best advice in business and life i can give anyone

and if you catch yourself being that guy then find a new business

fuck i've said too much 

ThunderousBewitchedAkitainu-max-1mb.gif

Edited by staboner

Making fun of someone because said person is gay - whether open, closeted, or in denial - is, by definition, homophobic. 

Not that any of you have done that here. You are criticizing the hypocrisy of a person in deep denial. But that deep denial often times has roots in a culture that abhors homosexuality. And those ugly roots persist because so many remain vehemently opposed to homosexuality. 

There is a probably a better way to address those poor souls in denial. Many live tortured lives in fear of bigoted and sometimes violent reactions to their true sexuality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Making fun of someone because said person is gay - whether open, closeted, or in denial - is, by definition, homophobic. 

Not that any of you have done that here. You are criticizing the hypocrisy of a person in deep denial. But that deep denial often times has roots in a culture that abhors homosexuality. And those ugly roots persist because so many remain vehemently opposed to homosexuality. 

There is a probably a better way to address those poor souls in denial. Many live tortured lives in fear of bigoted and sometimes violent reactions to their true sexuality. 

sure there is a middle ground of people who when cornered would say they are for gay rights, but they then call someone a faggot as a joke.  i get that but still some chicken and egg here with the abused dishing out the abuse vis a vis and what have you

Edited by staboner
  • Like 1

Why did an image of Lindsay Graham and Mike Pence holding hands leap into my brain?  I probably need some sort of religious reprogramming, and I need to tell my wife and kids, that words on the internet can "make" you gay. Oh dear... Or was my brain just giving me an accurate image of reality from the subliminal depths? 

Then I thought for a second of Lindsay and Mike sharing a cell across from John McCain in Hanoi...  damn subliminal...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah. i didn't used to think this, but i've come around to this way of thinking. the manifestation of "every republican accusation is a confession" has really opened my eyes.

why would you be so hung up on gay sex if gay sex wasn't on your mind, bothering you somehow? i have zero thoughts about gay sex. well, except for the lesbian kind. if anyone watched the hbo series dream on back in the day, there was a great episode where martin says that he is "a lesbian trapped in a man's body." i always thought that was kind of funny in a non trans way. all dudes love to watch two chicks get it on.

All?

And yes, if you fixate on the evilness of gays, or the idea that gays having equal rights is a great harm to society, I'm assuming you are secretly craving some cock.  I know for sure I was right about the poster Texas back on Hornfans, and I'm still waiting on Escriva to come back and remind us how not gay he is while he posts non-stop about gays ruining society.

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

All?

And yes, if you fixate on the evilness of gays, or the idea that gays having equal rights is a great harm to society, I'm assuming you are secretly craving some cock.  I know for sure I was right about the poster Texas back on Hornfans, and I'm still waiting on Escriva to come back and remind us how not gay he is while he posts non-stop about gays ruining society.

haha, caught me out - all STRAIGHT dudes.

8 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Maybe but hypocrisy is a choice. And I hate hypocrites. They could have said nothing at all. They could have refused to persecute other people. And for that hypocrisy, I’ll roast them every chance I can get. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Maybe but hypocrisy is a choice. And I hate hypocrites. They could have said nothing at all. They could have refused to persecute other people. And for that hypocrisy, I’ll roast them every chance I can get. 

Agree. Another would be to teach the concept of Christian love to this poor soul - Christ's command that we love everyone. And according to Christian theology (some sects), the only way to God is to accept Christ as your savior. Judging another, for instance, on their sexual orientation is not the Preacher's job; only God judges.

We are all hypocrites in one way or another. I am. My point was more directed at marginalizing a person based on sexual orientation given how difficult it is for non-straight humans to this day. The hypocrisy for this poor soul extends to his violation of the basic commandment to love one another. 

"I wasn't going to do it for just a tank of gas but since you threw in an Arby's card......"

FWIW, the final episode of the "Boy Erased" podcast fucking brings it on this subject.  (You don't have to listen to the entire series.)

Edited by Aqua Buddha

21 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Agree. Another would be to teach the concept of Christian love to this poor soul - Christ's command that we love everyone. And according to Christian theology (some sects), the only way to God is to accept Christ as your savior. Judging another, for instance, on their sexual orientation is not the Preacher's job; only God judges.

We are all hypocrites in one way or another. I am. My point was more directed at marginalizing a person based on sexual orientation given how difficult it is for non-straight humans to this day. The hypocrisy for this poor soul extends to his violation of the basic commandment to love one another. 

Where did you get the idea that the Church of Christ was about love? That denomination is about judgement. They are who the Baptists call in when they need some good Christian dirty work done, as with Baylor hiring Church of Christer Kenneth Starr. 

24 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Where did you get the idea that the Church of Christ was about love? That denomination is about judgement. They are who the Baptists call in when they need some good Christian dirty work done, as with Baylor hiring Church of Christer Kenneth Starr. 

🙄

Ah yes, the Church of Christ.  Where forgiveness goes to die.  And I thought White Catholic congregations had miserable hymnals, these guys take the cake.  They won't use instruments because there's no mention of musical instruments of them in the bible.  That's their rationale for a bunch of things they don't use, accept, or condone---that it wasn't in the bible.  

They gotta be in the Top 5 denominations that need to go away before we make any kind of progress towards a more peaceful country.  

11 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Wait, what the fuck?  No.  I fully reserve the right to laugh my ass off at gay dudes who masquerade as anti-gay straight dudes.  My gay friends laugh at them, too, and I have a shit ton of gay friends.  Not one of them has ever tried to blow me, either.  Funny how that works.

tl;dr  Your takes are routinely 100% off point.  Bigotry needs to be illuminated and laughed at, if not outright scolded.  Come to the right side, but I'm not reaching out to help.  Do your own work.  There are far too many chastised gay people in this world for me to worry about the hypocritical assholes doing the chastising.  There's only so many hours in the day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Yeah the problem is, life will get better for them if they come out.  Life would get better for them if they shut up, because them speaking out in this hypocritical way is actually making it *harder* for them to ever be able to live their lives honestly.  And to me that's the real shame.  If there really is a heaven, do you think God's going to kick you out for being gay, or is he going to kick you out for consistently and with no repentance continuing to break the Commandment against lying for your entire life?  If the answer is both, then one might as well be happy while alive, and they'll be happier as a person who is living in truth.  

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yeah the problem is, life will get better for them if they come out.  Life would get better for them if they shut up, because them speaking out in this hypocritical way is actually making it *harder* for them to ever be able to live their lives honestly.  And to me that's the real shame.  If there really is a heaven, do you think God's going to kick you out for being gay, or is he going to kick you out for consistently and with no repentance continuing to break the Commandment against lying for your entire life?  If the answer is both, then one might as well be happy while alive, and they'll be happier as a person who is living in truth.  

Amen. The first commandment - love one another. And I was taught there is only one way to salvation - through the simple acceptance of Jesus Christ as your savior. There is no sexual orientation litmus test for entry into Heaven according to my Christian faith.